What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SB350 have a shot of passing?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Seems like it says I can only grow 6 plants, whereas state law says I can grow 12. For federal level 12 plants I have to have what they are calling a "microlicense"? How much is that gonna cost? Then of course They shall be required to take a course and complete whatever additional compliance required by regulation.
Why do I have the feeling that "compliance" is gonna be basically putting money into the hands of one/some of his political donors? I've only been growing since it's legal in my state, but I can see the older growers not really caring. I mean they were already growing while it was illegal right?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant counts are complete bullshit!

Being charged to grow your plants is complete bullshit!

Somebody is attempting to line their pockets with the sweat, blood and tears of prohibition!

frostedbuds

What do you think the wholesale price of a pound will be for the microgrowers? You have to imagine its going to be something masses of people try to do.

Gone Camping

I'd like to see a higher plant count also.. but if their only counting what's in flower i'd be ok with 6 personally. I have no interest in selling to dispensaries or other distributors, but would hope it's legal to give some away..

I understand flower is $20 per gram here in the medical dispensaries, I cant/wont pay that and why I haven't got my medical card. Only way I would is to sample a strain..

delerious

I'd like to see a higher plant count also.. but if their only counting what's in flower i'd be ok with 6 personally. I have no interest in selling to dispensaries or other distributors, but would hope it's legal to give some away..

I understand flower is $20 per gram here in the medical dispensaries, I cant/wont pay that and why I haven't got my medical card. Only way I would is to sample a strain..

It's $16 per gram here. $100 for 7G. The price is the same regardless of strain. Vape pens and concentrates vary a little in price. I think I'm going to try some wax next time I visit. I wouldn't mind being able to grow a few plants, but having to pay is bullshit when it's for personal use.

Gone Camping

So as I understand it the Deputy Gov has finished his listening tour and is preparing his report to Gov Wolf. Who has stated it's time to really look at legalization..

Hoping they can get this done soon..

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Let it pass, then overgrow the country. Good luck enforcing micro licenses on several hundred million people.

If they make it TOO lenient, the ignorant legislators will not pass it. Work on what's needed to change it after it's in place, then go whole hog once it passes.

MCGold

Yinz guys are lucky if yinz get it on the ballot this year. Us in oHIo have to deal with DeWine and he or someone else removed it from the 2019 ballot after they said rec. would be on this year instead of Nov. 2018 of last year. It's like they take one step ahead and three steps backwards and claim they are moving forward and making progress.

Let it pass, then overgrow the country. Good luck enforcing micro licenses on several hundred million people.

If they make it TOO lenient, the ignorant legislators will not pass it. Work on what's needed to change it after it's in place, then go whole hog once it passes.

Oh boy did "overgrow the country" remind me of something... memories of the good old days with overgrow.com around lol