What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Portland, OR - Front Ave Meds

Cupcakes & Coco

The intake process was business as usual. At the time, I was a new vendor and still did things on consignment because I wanted to get my product on the shelves. Front Ave took the meds on consignment and told us to check back in two weeks.
Two weeks go by and I give them a call. The receptionist fields all calls for payment to a specific manager's email. I send an email to that address and don't hear anything back - ever. A little time passes, I call again to reach a manager to settle the consignment deal we had and again was forwarded to the email. I mention that I have already sent an email and haven't heard back. The receptionist tells me that the manager is very busy and might have missed the first email. I send another email.
Time passes and I hear nothing. I call several more times in hopes of getting a manager on the phone, but I don't succeed. I figured that going there in person might be a good way to catch a manager, so that was my next step.
When I get there I talk to the receptionist and she informs me that she's new and that the manager isn't in. She advises me to come back again in person, instead of calling or emailing. I return a second time and tell another receptionist, also new, my story. A gentleman sitting cross-legged says, "Hmph! Sounds familiar!"
I come to find out that I'm not the only one that has had similar experiences with this dispensary. Things escalated to a point that was very uncomfortable. I kept my cool and was as professional as possible, but one of the budtenders was incredibly rude and wanted us to leave because she said we couldn't be in the waiting room "laughing" because it was making the "patients uncomfortable." She threatens to call the police, tells us to leave and all sorts of nasty things. All because we wouldn't leave until we spoke to a manager on the phone.

Eventually, we settled the consignment because of all the commotion we caused that day. In the heat of everything, I started calling some of my friends to warn them not to vend there. Apparently, Front Ave was in debt to a lot of growers and my friends knew the place was shady as hell. Ever since then, I wanted to start a Yelp for dispensaries; for the sake of growers.

In summary:

1. Don't vend there unless you get paid out on the spot
2. There is power in numbers. Having another grower there going through the same thing really made a difference.
3. Writing reviews on dispensaries can help guide vendors
4. Ignore number 1 and don't waste your time at this place! :laughing:

I have recently heard rumors that this dispensary has been shut down. Good riddance!

panick503

Cash up front. If they don't have it together enough to pay cash up front, there's someone else that does. I once had a dispensary tell me it would take 30 days to get a check, even if they sold all of my meds the next day...