What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oklahoma Bonanza

Vapeitall

I have lived in four MMJ states here in the US and would have never dreamed that when I moved back to Oklahoma that it would "Ever" pass so 788, but we did.
Hallelujah.
The US is a strange system, while living in one state you can be diagnosed and prescribed cannabis and have treatment under control then move to another state and become a felon!
Anywho, I am very grateful I'm no longer a "criminal" because of the medicine I use.
Considering Oklahoma is considered THE most conservative state in the union it is a great encouragement that this should finnallymove the rest of our country to follow shortly.
:smokeit:
I want to shout out to Green The Vote and to Oklahomans For Health for all their hard work on this victory.

Here here!

More than 50% of the conservatives voted yes. More than 50% of the christians voted yes.
When you get that kind of support in Oklahoma, you cant lose.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So glad for you and really surprised about it as well. Religion is strong in Oklahoma, and while it has it's positives it has some intolerance about perceived 'moral weakness' and a stupid view of it's right to use laws to punish those who do not conform to it's rules.

Pot/alcohol being viewed as less than wholesome and not needed by true believers who should be able to get their comfort from prayer and other religious pursuits. However, not everyone can get relief from different mental issues and need some herbal help.

Oklahoma may not go further than medical for a long time but this is a great advancement for medical and really also for recreational users. I often think most everyone who uses pot is trying to medicate themselves. Stress, boredom and despair hit everyone and some pot can help if not overdone.

I think most christians believe in moderation.

No where in the Bible does it say Do not drink alcohol. Even less is said about medicine.

Addiction when it ruins lives is clearly something that should be condemed and those people need help. But the only way ive seen pot ruin someones life is as a result of backwards laws being enforced.

Each man must choose what is right for himself and between him and his God. Society must draw lines, but most reasonable people are starting to realize that the line on pot was incorrectly drawn and too many have suffered at the hand of their fellow man as a result. This must change.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pot was put here by God if you believe in God. Jesus drank wine. Some evidence the ancient Jews used cannabis in their ceremonies as well.

The prohibitionists used to call pot the Devil's weed. Silly term but effective on the ignorant.

Vapeitall

Yes, Genesis 1-11,12 says it all. That settles it for me.
A great book about what guberments have done to us is called " Smoke Signals".
Our "weed" was outlawed in 1938, in less than 6 hours.
Rayon was discovered as competition for Hemp and big pharma was beginning to thrive so of course Cannabis would interfere with their plans as well,,,,,, so what could they do?

They pushed this scenerio, blacks and Mexican imigrants use "marijuana" to have sex with our women.

Yes , and the war on drugs began!

i was facing 2-life in prison for a few lbs of pot in okc less than a decade ago. im happy for you guys, but i still feel like i got completely fucked. im a convicted felon, it say pg 1 in oklahoma, not marijuana like it should in any other state, and theres no way for me to get expunged yet, even though im a medical patient in colorado. still lots of work to be done.

Greencountryok

Oklahoma is a strange place for sure.
What corporate media won't mention is that oklahoma conservatives have been moving towards small government libertarianism hence the passage of 788.

FWIW I've never met a Christian who wanted their own child incarcerated for using cannabis.

I also faced a life sentence in this state for growing a couple decades ago. The harsh sentencing is one reason we fought so hard in this state for 788. Recreational was in our sites so we gotta keep pushing!!!

RckyMtRdnk

i was facing 2-life in prison for a few lbs of pot in okc less than a decade ago. im happy for you guys, but i still feel like i got completely fucked. im a convicted felon, it say pg 1 in oklahoma, not marijuana like it should in any other state, and theres no way for me to get expunged yet, even though im a medical patient in colorado. still lots of work to be done.

This what I read in the rules

All owners must provide a background check; nonviolent felony convictions in the last two years and any other felony conviction in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.

Im'One

I have lived in Missouri most of my life and Okla is different. The libertarian ideology thrives here. The history of the states are different and so are the "conservatives"

anurag

Many moons ago, while in basic training, we'd get primo locally grown weed from cab drivers and the Domino's drivers. Go Oklahoma!

mike tea

redundent laws

redundent laws

This what I read in the rules

All owners must provide a background check; nonviolent felony convictions in the last two years and any other felony conviction in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.
there are Oklahoma state laws that need to be changed there is a push for justice reform due to the burden it is having on the states coffers, budget your crime is considered a victimless crime what happened some politicians, made harmless cannabis in to a major crime the laws are draconian put undue burdens on people Oklahoma has multiple legal jurisdictions, state federal, and tribal, since Oklahoma went medical legal the next step, recreational, that be dependent on the state law makers and reading of the proposed law, how ever time will tell good luck peace, mike tea.

mike tea

progress

progress

the Kiowa tribe passed a law, for medical and recreational use by vote of tribal members, the cost of the license too high the state medical card , cheaper with restrictions how ever that can change in the future when the tribe gets its court system in place the tribe passed it in 2019 there are still more hurdles the tribe will have to remedy those problems when they show up. peace mike tea.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
As the license tag used to say "Oklahoma is OK", which parts I drove through 50years ago were. Very pretty. Congrats on the new laws.

Today is an example of what your "Neu sooners" need to learn to live with. This is a blue freight train, but they can get red and darker also.

SCSnowMap31Dec3p.jpg