What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed in the 80s and 90s

BuzzBob56

Drop back another decade to the 70s, and it was $20 for a 4-Finger "Lid" of ditch weed.

Occasionally someone would come up with some "Bo," short for anything supposedly Columbian.

Legalcdn

Smoked columbia gold..panama red.. mexican brick weed.. funny..sometimes the weed was simply called redhair.. vancouver had lots of skunk..

Tons of mushrooms..
West coast BC..

Legalcdn

Drop back another decade to the 70s, and it was $20 for a 4-Finger "Lid" of ditch weed.

Occasionally someone would come up with some "Bo," short for anything supposedly Columbian.

I lived in columbia MO 91-94.. smoked columbian and some skunk there too..

Our weed didn't had any name most of time because nobody around was growing haha. But still some quality Bud in the 90's. Late 90's it was when the first White Widow, AK47, Power Plant and more landed.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Occasionally someone would come up with some "Bo," short for anything supposedly Columbian.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the 70's here....occasional bud, from Mexico or Columbia. Mostly "home grown" lids similar to your experience (was $20 for a 4-Finger "Lid" ) 1/2 leaves, 1/2 bud.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
We usually had a choice between Columbian (lumbo), something similar, Mexican mostly or commercial, which was usually home grown junk, and less expensive. You got a half or a lid Then finally the 80's came with sinsimillia.(sp) The price doubled overnight and then quarters became the normal.

Last edited:

Sunshineinabag

buds from the blue tooth bar in waitsfield my freshman yr of highschool, my buddys mom had them hidden in grape nuts cereal box(none of us kids would touch grape nuts lmao) and he found it, brought it to school........laughing uncontrollably for over an hour......oh yeah goodtimes man

TrichomeDome420

In the 90s in the suburbs around buffalo, we would get brown regular weed until about September October until the area would get flooded with amazing locally grown dank of several varieties only known by the name of the grower ex. Todd-bud. There was always roadkill skunk my buddies dad used to grow which is nothing like anything modern I've grown/smoked. Then the good weed would go dry in about February then the regs would creep back in which was a sad time of year. Every once in a while someone would find a stash of the killer during the regs time but it would go quickly. There are some amazing growers in the country around buffalo and would kill to get some of those roadkill skunk genetics. If you ever smoked it, you would definitely know it. Every year at the same time, in front of a certain house on a certain country road the foul scent of dead skunk arises but there is no skunk anywhere and it smells that way 6 months out of the year....are you still there??

Sunshineinabag

chicken bone cafe burlington vt 1979.....sunshineinabag....4 finger lids of golden sexiness,
ive gotten to grabbing roadkill skunks burying them in a plot and gonna see if the plants absorb any thiols

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
chicken bone cafe burlington vt 1979.....sunshineinabag....4 finger lids of golden sexiness,
ive gotten to grabbing roadkill skunks burying them in a plot and gonna see if the plants absorb any thiols

It's a strange vice....driving down 2 lane rural areas, I tend to inhale deeply passing a road kill skunk. Yep, that's weird!!:laughing:

Cmoon

Our weed didn't had any name most of time because nobody around was growing haha. But still some quality Bud in the 90's. Late 90's it was when the first White Widow, AK47, Power Plant and more landed.

yes around my time:dance013:skunk no1 big with the bikers,,,,,big bud and cali orange also spring to a smokeymind:tiphat:

ha!....PurpleHaze....I could eat that shit it was so good

GinFizzLuv

I got my first bag of kind bud at a dead show in 1992. It was such a rare and special thing I almost hated to smoke it. Growing up in the rural midwest, I had only been exposed to brick weed before that. What a eye opener.

I moved to Oregon in the mid 90’s and it was on after that! That’s when I started seeing a lot more labeled strains. Northern Lights, Blueberry, Super Skunk, Bubblegum, Trinity, etc... But also lots of unnamed killer outdoor from Humboldt, Mendocino and Southern Oregon.

yardgrazer

It wasn't the first kind bud I smoked, but I was living in a big house in Boston in the early-mid nineties and I had a pretty awesome connection for ounces and QPs (pretty girls who associated with coke dealers)... there was this one super potent bud that stank of pine. That was some memorable herb in a time in which none of the stuff ever had a name.

Besides that I remember when I was first smoking, a few years prior to the pine bud, that I bought an eighth that cost $62.50. Mostly memorable because of the price. I think it was nice herb, but heck if I really recall.

2cannabisdano

interestingly enough, i never have smoked anything but top shelf chrons. i was spoiled at a young age.

my first cannabis experience was with the old school Blue Berry Hill. it was beautiful organic outdoor cultivated by a childhood friend who still grows amazing buds today.

my experience was life changing i was so high that i was slightly hallucinating and just super happy and felt alive. ever since then i have never stopped enjoying the medical and lovely feelings from clean high grade buds, wax , hash, and rosin. ????????

2cannabisdano

interestingly enough, i never have smoked anything but top shelf chrons. i was spoiled at a young age.

my first cannabis experience was with the old school Blue Berry Hill. it was beautiful organic outdoor cultivated by a childhood friend who still grows amazing buds today.

my experience was life changing i was so high that i was slightly hallucinating and just super happy and felt alive. ever since then i have never stopped enjoying the medical and lovely feelings from clean high grade buds, wax , hash, and rosin. ????????

ignore question marks lol i ment to put exclamation marks:biggrin:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
When i first started toking, it was all Mexican brick..

Sometimes it was crappy, but sometimes it was awesome mind blowing weed..!

The first consistently great weed I toked was Jamaican, which I copped from the guy who lived in the hippie commune at the beach in 1970...

I decided I was gonna go to the source..
Two years later, I worked my way down to Jamaica by crewing on boats and stayed high as a kite with the Rastafarians way up in the hills...