X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed in the 80s and 90s

What was the first kind bud you smoked?

i dont know what my mom smoked but im stoner now
    trust, hope & love - rich even not wealthy - real life sloth - enlightened during born or before that

Comment

Drop back another decade to the 70s, and it was $20 for a 4-Finger "Lid" of ditch weed.

Occasionally someone would come up with some "Bo," short for anything supposedly Columbian.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Current: Female Seeds' Chem OG Test Grow { Flushing before Harvest } in Bio-Buckets
      Okay... I believe nothing's MIA. Except... Has anyone seen the cat lately?

Comment

Smoked columbia gold..panama red.. mexican brick weed.. funny..sometimes the weed was simply called redhair.. vancouver had lots of skunk..

Tons of mushrooms..
        West coast BC..

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzBob56 View Post
          Drop back another decade to the 70s, and it was $20 for a 4-Finger "Lid" of ditch weed.

Occasionally someone would come up with some "Bo," short for anything supposedly Columbian.
          I lived in columbia MO 91-94.. smoked columbian and some skunk there too..

Comment

Our weed didn't had any name most of time because nobody around was growing haha. But still some quality Bud in the 90's. Late 90's it was when the first White Widow, AK47, Power Plant and more landed.

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzBob56 View Post

Occasionally someone would come up with some "Bo," short for anything supposedly Columbian.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the 70's here....occasional bud, from Mexico or Columbia. Mostly "home grown" lids similar to your experience (was $20 for a 4-Finger "Lid" ) 1/2 leaves, 1/2 bud.
              ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
              "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
              We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
              sigpic

Comment

We usually had a choice between Columbian (lumbo), something similar, Mexican mostly or commercial, which was usually home grown junk, and less expensive. You got a half or a lid Then finally the 80's came with sinsimillia.(sp) The price doubled overnight and then quarters became the normal.
                Last edited by cough_cough_eer; 01-22-2020, 15:23. Reason: spelling
                ~The Avatar Thread~

Why is it that rich people are concidered eccentric and poor people are just wierd????

Comment

Isn't Mother Nature grand !

Comment

Oh, and let's not forget Paraquat!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Current: Female Seeds' Chem OG Test Grow { Flushing before Harvest } in Bio-Buckets
                    Okay... I believe nothing's MIA. Except... Has anyone seen the cat lately?

Comment

buds from the blue tooth bar in waitsfield my freshman yr of highschool, my buddys mom had them hidden in grape nuts cereal box(none of us kids would touch grape nuts lmao) and he found it, brought it to school........laughing uncontrollably for over an hour......oh yeah goodtimes man
                      I eat legos

Comment

In the 90s in the suburbs around buffalo, we would get brown regular weed until about September October until the area would get flooded with amazing locally grown dank of several varieties only known by the name of the grower ex. Todd-bud. There was always roadkill skunk my buddies dad used to grow which is nothing like anything modern I've grown/smoked. Then the good weed would go dry in about February then the regs would creep back in which was a sad time of year. Every once in a while someone would find a stash of the killer during the regs time but it would go quickly. There are some amazing growers in the country around buffalo and would kill to get some of those roadkill skunk genetics. If you ever smoked it, you would definitely know it. Every year at the same time, in front of a certain house on a certain country road the foul scent of dead skunk arises but there is no skunk anywhere and it smells that way 6 months out of the year....are you still there??

Comment

chicken bone cafe burlington vt 1979.....sunshineinabag....4 finger lids of golden sexiness,
                          ive gotten to grabbing roadkill skunks burying them in a plot and gonna see if the plants absorb any thiols
                          I eat legos

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
                            chicken bone cafe burlington vt 1979.....sunshineinabag....4 finger lids of golden sexiness,
                            ive gotten to grabbing roadkill skunks burying them in a plot and gonna see if the plants absorb any thiols
                            It's a strange vice....driving down 2 lane rural areas, I tend to inhale deeply passing a road kill skunk. Yep, that's weird!!
                            ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                            "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                            We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SwabianExtracts View Post
                              Our weed didn't had any name most of time because nobody around was growing haha. But still some quality Bud in the 90's. Late 90's it was when the first White Widow, AK47, Power Plant and more landed.

yes around my timeskunk no1 big with the bikers,,,,,big bud and cali orange also spring to a smokeymind

ha!....PurpleHaze....I could eat that shit it was so good

Comment

Working...
                              X