What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Now that rec use is legal....

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
While we wait for the state to decide on cultivation constraints, it's a good time to zero in on our respective markets and secure a better future. I'm not really sure how to go about it.

Simon

Budracer

Let's just hope they do better than us here in WA. State!!! The state had a lottery back in 06, To be a cultivated you had to win a lottery , pay a few thousand dollars , have a bank roll of at least $10000 , have 24 HR. Cameras on all aspects of their grow , barcodes seed to sale , inspect each batch before delivery, no molds, pesticides , cannibinoids , terpenes, etc. And im sure a bunch of other hoops I don't know about ! They haven't added any more growers since. We sit at 600 state wide I believe, out of more than 2500 applicants, yes I'm bitter , I sit on the sidelines while crappy weed hits the market and warehouse weed is rated above sun grown . 😤😤😤

Budracer

Let's just hope they do better than us here in WA. State!!! The state had a lottery back in 06, To be a cultivated you had to win a lottery , pay a few thousand dollars , have a bank roll of at least $10000 , have 24 HR. Cameras on all aspects of their grow , barcodes seed to sale , inspect each batch before delivery, no molds, pesticides , cannibinoids , terpenes, etc. And im sure a bunch of other hoops I don't know about ! They haven't added any more growers since. We sit at 600 state wide I believe, out of more than 2500 applicants, yes I'm bitter , I sit on the sidelines while crappy weed hits the market and warehouse weed is rated above sun grown . 😤😤😤

bilbong

sorry....outdoor sucks. sounds like you should move.

imiubu

Such a friendly first post, congratulations.
Humans have been cultivating marijuana outdoors as nature intended, for eons. If it sucks... yer just not doing it right.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
There is definitely something magical about the sun and combined with lights I think is the best.

Do you mind defining that statement! There is a reason why indoors and deps fetch more. If you have your indoor girls growing good, the std being 1g/w + what's the problem. No pests etc... to deal with providing you have your environment dialed in. :tiphat:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have had a couple of experiments with indoor / outdoor. When the daylight is right in the spring, plants sure seem to develop their 2nd half of veg well in the sun. Makes them way bigger. You have a bug threat if they come inside now.

I just watched a couple plants I vegged under LED, than get moved outside, almost finish under the sun. They were the cindy's from my run #3, now chopped and hanging for a week. Pulled early, again, after the wife bitched about the smell, again. One has no nose at all, the other is C99 and has a little bit - kinda like AK47 with the mentholish smell. Made an OK buzz for the early pull.

So I am still looking for that golden path to heavy terpination. Not sure the lights are the main issue.

AWharfRat

I have had a couple of experiments with indoor / outdoor. When the daylight is right in the spring, plants sure seem to develop their 2nd half of veg well in the sun. Makes them way bigger. You have a bug threat if they come inside now.

I just watched a couple plants I vegged under LED, than get moved outside, almost finish under the sun. They were the cindy's from my run #3, now chopped and hanging for a week. Pulled early, again, after the wife bitched about the smell, again. One has no nose at all, the other is C99 and has a little bit - kinda like AK47 with the mentholish smell. Made an OK buzz for the early pull.

So I am still looking for that golden path to heavy terpination. Not sure the lights are the main issue.
Go the other way and use shade cloth to block the sun.