What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Mexico Medical marajuana is BUNK

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never would have guessed that.
I wish the state had a mechanism where a person could donate excess flowers to those who need it.

i believe you are allowed to "gift" excess to another card holder,but only on a person to person level...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw a lady carrying out a nice 3ft. purple haze plant from Seven Clover on Juan Tabo several months back. Can't speak for them.

Bruja64

Hello Green Pinky~
Have you tried the strains at Ultra Health?
So far, they have the best variety and knowledge, out of the NM dispensaries I've tried throughout the state. Not saying ALL their strains are great, but their Kush varieties have been pretty good.
Still, I much prefer my own grows. ?

rolandomota

My buddy goes out to Sunland park what a waste of money why not get a half pound of Mexico for 160 with free seeds and if you have the hook up it's 200 a pound how many ounces of "top shelf" is that?
The half pound deal is way more worth it yup Mexico brick more worth the trouble.
Your paying for look and flavor not so much effect at the dispensary
You can smoke a half pound a month vs an ounce of "good" bud that will last me a week at best smoking sparingly and fir about the same price I think I honestly don't even ask the price for legal weed it's too expensive or people low ball and want it to make money from the pot snobs
Legal weed is ridiculous or pet buying legal weed are crazy
Sure I want to sell mine at top dollar too but damn everyone wants basement bottom prices I just can't do that I'm not a dispensary with a huge grow permit
Those guys doing it big are charging big why should I get low balled

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Green Pinky~
Have you tried the strains at Ultra Health?
So far, they have the best variety and knowledge, out of the NM dispensaries I've tried throughout the state. Not saying ALL their strains are great, but their Kush varieties have been pretty good.
Still, I much prefer my own grows. ?

Ultra Health, owned by Duke Rodriguez is opposed to small rec grows. That was an issue of getting passed last year as well as the monopolization of Ultra with 23 locations.

Originally the House Bill 160, the Cannabis Regulation Act in the legislative session was seeking small family farms to produce product. It stalled due to 5 votes....4 Republican, 1 Democrat, if I recall

Here's difference between COLORADO and NEW MEXICO

New Mexico’s total patient revenues reached $40.1 million in the first quarter, while Colorado’s similarly-sized medical program topped $88.8 million – over two times New Mexico’s patient revenue sales with nearly six times the amount of flower and bud being sold. These comparative numbers do not include Colorado’s much larger adult-use program.

State – Medical Only Activity Colorado New Mexico
Enrolled Patients (March 2020) 81,722 85,168
Sales (Q1 2020) $88.8M $40.1M
Purchases Per Patient Per Month $361 $160
Pounds of cannabis sold (2019) 118,373 21,939
Plants in Production (2019) 319,374 26,098
Plants per Patient 3.9 0.3
Purchase Limits (90 days) 180 oz 8 oz
Average Price Per Gram $3.28 $10.26
Sales Tax on Medical Cannabis? NO YES

The five fastest-growing counties with at least 500 cardholders have each exceeded the industry growth rate by a wide margin. The five fastest-growing counties include:

Otero 58.9%
Curry 52.1%
Socorro 50.4%
Grant 49.6%
Doña Ana 43.1%
New Mexico (Total) 33.7%

Ultra Health is largely the distributor.

When I got my NM MMJ card in 2008, there were 13 producers around the state, very clandestined where you could purchase.

FCDobbs

I see new mexico lawmakers are going to attempt to pass recreational marijauna legislation again in 2021. I frankly hope it doesn't pass. The bill last year was the most restrictive in the country with draconian penalties for non compliance. Not to mention no home grows. New Mexico is great at doing everything wrong and this is no exception.

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ultra Health, owned by Duke Rodriguez is opposed to small rec grows.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Few people who are ill can afford the prices these places charge.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No problem with these people making all the money they want,
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but we should all have the right to grow at home with no issues.
[/FONT]

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ultra Health, owned by Duke Rodriguez is opposed to small rec grows.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Few people who are ill can afford the prices these places charge.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No problem with these people making all the money they want,
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but we should all have the right to grow at home with no issues.
[/FONT]

Of course, Duke is opposed. Original draft of recommendations....small family farm operations. Duke owns like 15+ dispensary businesses around the state.

Only way to maneuver, contact your state reps, TELL THEM about concerns.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course, Duke is opposed. Original draft of recommendations....small family farm operations. Duke owns like 15+ dispensary businesses around the state.

Only way to maneuver, contact your state reps, TELL THEM about concerns.

yup,had several talks with a local state rep about this,particularly in the case of rural areas allowing local mom and pop sized grows to be prioritized and keeping whatever jobs and money generated local...i would like to see a path to legal growing for the small timers who have remained in the black market...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,had several talks with a local state rep about this,particularly in the case of rural areas allowing local mom and pop sized grows to be prioritized and keeping whatever jobs and money generated local...i would like to see a path to legal growing for the small timers who have remained in the black market...

Me, too, unc. Have told my reps....$$$ to be made if we has outdoor festivals for seed buying (cough), breeders, paraphernalia, grow dirt, etc. Clio, Michigan and Denver (went to Denver's twice when living in Pueblo) has some great market festival.
Butt load of $$$ made from the 2 day event. Will help out deficit of oil/gas.

And personal grows, mentioned again. My reps are for it, but can't speak for state.

Really hope it ends of VOTERS decide, as it should be.....

Stay tuned Land of Entrapment folks!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With 3 cannabis bills, it's beginning to be a hoax. How many rec bills on the legislative floor do you need to have it AXED again?

Maybe too much in the primary bill. Expunging people's records, no personal grows. It may be left up to the voters (as MLG mentioned) if no consensus and passage.

Amynamous

Bummer there’s no provision for personal grows, but page 58-59 doesn’t provide for any penalties for having six plants or less, and only a $50 fine for having seven to twelve plants. I bet lots of people will take advantage of that gray area and probably won’t have LEO issues as long as they’re discreet.
I’m not happy that the bill allows employers to keep their zero tolerance policies for lawful usage outside of work. I’d probably go back to work part time if I didn’t have to worry about drug testing. Presbyterian does random testing of their staff and have fired staff for lawful medical usage.