What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones from Genotype A2 in Ann Arbor

Well, it gets better. MUCH BETTER! The "pre 98 bubba kush" turns out to be a CBD strain they handed me. I now have no idea what strain this is, because no strain fits the plant description. They were charging $40 for the bubba clone, but only $10 for their CBD strains that day. I feel so ripped off getting diseased clones, fighting the disease at a cost of $100, then spending $100 easily on power to grow the plant out only to be looking at a trash can for the product. Hopefully, I can salvage them with extracts.

stim

That is some straight up BS. $40 is garbage. I hope you can find a legit cut I've been looking at cannabiogen's bubbas delight it is bubba x bubba (purple peyote).
Well, it gets better. MUCH BETTER! The "pre 98 bubba kush" turns out to be a CBD strain they handed me. I now have no idea what strain this is, because no strain fits the plant description. They were charging $40 for the bubba clone, but only $10 for their CBD strains that day. I feel so ripped off getting diseased clones, fighting the disease at a cost of $100, then spending $100 easily on power to grow the plant out only to be looking at a trash can for the product. Hopefully, I can salvage them with extracts.

stim

is that pie a hemie? I hear pie throws sacks
Their cherry pie and true OG came down last weekend and all I gotta say is woooooow, fuckin nice.

Never kept their pre98, very weak plant, did not have disease, just smaller and weaker than most, good bud tho.

Cant wait to try the white super skunk, been a while since I blazed that one.

Ill head back one of these days, overloaded with strains rn and its so hard to cut a strain out when theres always someone I know that digs it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That is some straight up BS. $40 is garbage. I hope you can find a legit cut I've been looking at cannabiogen's bubbas delight it is bubba x bubba (purple peyote).

Ive finished her twice and never seen a sack, my buddy also ran her last crop and he had nothin but buds.

Ive gotten the real ogkb from them and it was terrible, one of the slowest, smallest plants I have ever grown.

The ogkb 2.0 on the otherhand is a beast for being a cookie.
First flowering of the Cherry pie here finishes in two days. No sacks here that I have seen yet.

palmeezy

just finished hammerhead and eastside OG. vegged for way longer than i would have liked due to limited sites in flower room (rdwc)

HH has serious violet/magenta especially in the lowers and was an overall beast. good smell, huge colas with the kind of structure prevents budrot and makes all of the buds that make up the cola have decent texture on the inside portion. everywhere i looked on the tops the crystals were 50/50 or better, with some amber here and there. the sheer size of the buds made me nervous to keep it going longer.

ESOG also didn't let down, extreme petroleum/gas smell and also a monster yielder. solid, greasy/sticky buds with classic OG structure, except has f1 vigor still. ended up being more light sensitive than i'd hoped and most of the tops foxtailed with a few white hairs spitting out. @65 days out of ~10 small samples i put under the scope, i saw very few clear or amber trichomes. nearly perfect cloudy finish on this one. quality of scissor hash reflected this.

i have also have 4 wks 12/12 sunset sherbert, white super skunk and bubble chem. SS/WSS have good vigor, apical dominance, easy rooting, etc. bubblechem.... 0/8 on clones so far and very side-branchy, no large fan leaves.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I took down my 2 Cherry Pie plants yesterday. It was 70 days and I found no anthers at all. So no hermie issues with these two plants.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
just finished hammerhead and eastside OG. vegged for way longer than i would have liked due to limited sites in flower room (rdwc)

HH has serious violet/magenta especially in the lowers and was an overall beast. good smell, huge colas with the kind of structure prevents budrot and makes all of the buds that make up the cola have decent texture on the inside portion. everywhere i looked on the tops the crystals were 50/50 or better, with some amber here and there. the sheer size of the buds made me nervous to keep it going longer.

ESOG also didn't let down, extreme petroleum/gas smell and also a monster yielder. solid, greasy/sticky buds with classic OG structure, except has f1 vigor still. ended up being more light sensitive than i'd hoped and most of the tops foxtailed with a few white hairs spitting out. @65 days out of ~10 small samples i put under the scope, i saw very few clear or amber trichomes. nearly perfect cloudy finish on this one. quality of scissor hash reflected this.

i have also have 4 wks 12/12 sunset sherbert, white super skunk and bubble chem. SS/WSS have good vigor, apical dominance, easy rooting, etc. bubblechem.... 0/8 on clones so far and very side-branchy, no large fan leaves.

Are you implying you got the hammerhead from genotype?

palmeezy

Are you implying you got the hammerhead from genotype?

yes. i'm pretty sure it's GGG's. nice citrus smell. can't wait to try it.

i got about 12 strains from them total but only kept the ones that veg'd and grew somewhat vigorously. also have their tahoe OG which looks promising, about to start 12/12. gave away the rest that i didn't cull. spent 7-800$ total. all i needed was one ringer and so far i got 2.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
yes. i'm pretty sure it's GGG's. nice citrus smell. can't wait to try it.

i got about 12 strains from them total but only kept the ones that veg'd and grew somewhat vigorously. also have their tahoe OG which looks promising, about to start 12/12. gave away the rest that i didn't cull. spent 7-800$ total. all i needed was one ringer and so far i got 2.

Ahh, right on. I was thinking of a different strain, hammerhead kush which is a cross of Chiquita Banana and Cherry Cookies. Thanks for the reply.

palmeezy

Does anyone know the name of the systemic pesticide/fungicide/miticide they use at genotypea2?
here's some of my failed clones from my quarantined genotype veg.

i have scoped extensively at my main site, but not this particular tray or cuts in question. i have taken countless samples using the scintillation vial method and come up blank. i lost the pic with the healthy clones; these ones were buried within others that turned out just fine.

these aren't really the best examples of what the issue really seems to be. lower growth is dying off from the tip back, usually just the terminal growth. the entire end shoot will turn brown/black. the opposite of what ugmj described, from stem/socket out.

IMG_0620.jpg

these two both rooted within reasonable timeframe, and much of the leaf curling occured after giving them too much IBA.

IMG_0625.jpg

this one is bubblechem, 30+ days no roots, no slime/browning of the end. cuts looked healthy the whole time. i finally got one to root, but the original plant looks 3 weeks behind sunset sherbert and white super skunk.

the white spot on the stem is what interests me the most. i've seen this before here and there though it seems to be happening more extreme lately. under the scope it looks to be fungal, like botyris.

IMG_0629.jpg

the main reason i'm posting this stuff here is to see if others have seen anything like it with this gear. i'm sure there's a million different ways and reasons, including mostly grower error. but keep in mind they were treated with biofungicides, and a full round of chems. and also grown at a new/different site.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
here's some of my failed clones from my quarantined genotype veg.

i have scoped extensively at my main site, but not this particular tray or cuts in question. i have taken countless samples using the scintillation vial method and come up blank. i lost the pic with the healthy clones; these ones were buried within others that turned out just fine.

these aren't really the best examples of what the issue really seems to be. lower growth is dying off from the tip back, usually just the terminal growth. the entire end shoot will turn brown/black. the opposite of what ugmj described, from stem/socket out.

View attachment 450828

these two both rooted within reasonable timeframe, and much of the leaf curling occured after giving them too much IBA.

View attachment 450830

this one is bubblechem, 30+ days no roots, no slime/browning of the end. cuts looked healthy the whole time. i finally got one to root, but the original plant looks 3 weeks behind sunset sherbert and white super skunk.

the white spot on the stem is what interests me the most. i've seen this before here and there though it seems to be happening more extreme lately. under the scope it looks to be fungal, like botyris.

View attachment 450829

the main reason i'm posting this stuff here is to see if others have seen anything like it with this gear. i'm sure there's a million different ways and reasons, including mostly grower error. but keep in mind they were treated with biofungicides, and a full round of chems. and also grown at a new/different site.

I'm confused here, are these cuts you took from established plants you got previously or are you saying the cuts you bought weren't fully rooted?

palmeezy

they're cuttings that i took from the original cuts that i grew out. they've been in isolation from my other plants.

it's the blacking and browning of the growth tips that really concerns me, as i've never seen that before. i'll try to snag some more detailed pics if i notice it more. regalia alone seems to contain it.

Queef

Genos sfv og sublbc cuts danker than dog fuck. Heavy fresh kush taste with the lemony dank skunk fuel. Tastes just like triangle kush I got plus lemons. Definitely worth keeping.

Pretty sure your browning your cuts up because there water logged.. sour dubbs my most picky cloner if I have my root riot plugs a little to wet my dubb will brown up at all the growth tips and the stem will brown up as well. Rot n die.. o and put your cloner in the dishwasher to get rid of anything growing besides weed. Keep it sterile as possible.

Last edited:

palmeezy

Genos sfv og sublbc cuts danker than dog fuck. Heavy fresh kush taste with the lemony dank skunk fuel. Tastes just like triangle kush I got minus lemons. Definitely worth keeping.

Pretty sure your browning your cuts up because there water logged.. sour dubbs my most picky cloner if I have my root riot plugs a little to wet my dubb will brown up at all the growth tips and the stem will brown up as well. Rot n die.. o and put your cloner in the dishwasher to get rid of anything growing besides weed. Keep it sterile as possible.

i use new trays each time. when i took these pics these clones were being kept alive just to see what would happen with them. they are probably 4 to 5+ weeks from cut, and i had been feeding nutes in that tray for weeks. that's why it's a little dirty, and cube is wet-looking (i was just soaking them every other day at that point.) i'd have given up on them long before, but was curious if they would grow out of it. especially because they rooted quickly. whatever it is, i've never seen it before.

although i don't have a good picture of it, i'm losing some lower growth tips off of established plants as well (from genotype cuts, all varieties grown at my quarantine.)

thanks for your input!

Truthful

Why is there website down for the past 2+ weeks ,anyone know if their shop open anymore or are they closed down ?

They're gonna be open this weekend I saw a post on Leafdoctor1's page. They said the Gram been fucking with their account the past couple of weeks.

palmeezy

anyone been there the past few weeks? site has been down, and no menu posted. several reviews on google mentioning bugs.

RemmyLemmeGo

Please help me find out what happened to genotype a2????

Please help me find out what happened to genotype a2????

Server is down ,???what’s up with that