What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan Clones

touringfunkband

Seems like quality and availability of clones in Michigan is all over the place. Ive got bugs when the cloner swear they were clean and very questionable claims that certain strains where legit. Are there any legit cloners in this state with a website and quality to back it up?

Appreciate your time guys!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Why do you want to grow someone else's selections/bugs?

Pop seeds; make seeds; grow your Own!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
selected in lansing, 313clones in detroit, genotype in AA.

if you can't clean up a plant don't mess with clones. insecticidal soap + spinosad will handle most issues and sulfur can take care of most of the others.

Why do you want to grow someone else's selections/bugs?

Pop seeds; make seeds; grow your Own!

because the best plants found in the past thirty years are somewhat easy to get your hands on if you work at it.
plants that have passed by millions of lungs and been judged the best.

you could spend a lifetime of popping seeds and still not find plants that compare to the best Chem, Sours, OGs or Cookies, etc.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world

if you can't clean up a plant don't mess with clones. insecticidal soap + spinosad will handle most issues and sulfur can take care of most of the others.

because the best plants found in the past thirty years are somewhat easy to get your hands on if you work at it.

you could spend a lifetime of popping seeds and still not find plants that compare to the best Chem, Sours, OGs or Cookies, etc.

Cite an example of a 30 year-old clone still in circulation?

which none of your examples are as old as...

prune

Veteran
You mean like Chem 91, also various skunks, hazes, and sours. I just recently lost Permafrost - that's rumored to the 70's...

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
You mean like Chem 91, also various skunks, hazes, and sours. I just recently lost Permafrost - that's rumored to the 70's...

Please, point me in the direction of those 30+ year-old Skunks and Hazes! Still in circulation as readily available cuts? I mean, sign me up!

Sours? 30 yrs? Even Chem 91 is pushing that envelope, eh?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Please, point me in the direction of those 30+ year-old Skunks and Hazes! Still in circulation as readily available cuts? I mean, sign me up!

Sours? 30 yrs? Even Chem 91 is pushing that envelope, eh?

Sam's greenhouse. Twenty five years make you happy?

It's not about the age of the clone it's about the quality. The difference between Headband and average bud. The difference between an outlier and everything else. The reality is that most humans are only going to smoke average weed and many far below average. The pick of a breeders pack of ten somewhere might suit you fine the quality of average is going up.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

If you research the parent material of these legends it it really not that challenging to find great plants in seed form with no bugs or mildew. Yes you find some crappy plants too. But having your own clean genetics is way more rewarding than paying to inherent someone's disease or pests.

KushKrusher

Griffin Formula!

Griffin Formula!

Check these bad boys out. Photo attached

Attachments

• 553BA53F-83EA-4286-B071-68DAB93C928F.jpg
    553BA53F-83EA-4286-B071-68DAB93C928F.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 105

CaptainDankness

Sort of true, but the way the top clones just keep coming out year after year, that's all thanks to seeds. They really ain't getting a lot better either, I remember seeing bullshit about that MAC1 testing 32% THC, yet in reality nobody is getting anything stronger than a good OG cut from clones these days.

I'm sure some of the best clone onlys are held privately by growers that purchased or bred seeds themselves. Probably even privately selected by breeders, some of them have grown really large numbers of plants.

But with clones it should always be as advertised, with seeds you need selection and hopefully the breeder did a good job. Either way the next best thing will always be from seed. I do want to chuck pollen all over the best clone onlys though. :biggrin:

KushKrusher

Nice Krusher! Tell us more..

I didn’t make this recipe it was given to me by medgrowertom..

I filled my psycloner with about 3 gals of water and threw an air stone in there. This is the start of week 3 that I pictured...ps. I didn’t ph anything

Clones: 10mils clonex, 3-4 Mils hormex, 6 mils clear Rez all per gallon

Change out day 7 to:
12-15 Mils clonex, 6mils clear rez, eliminate hormex ph 6 temp 68-70f

You’d think after all that time you’d be more self sufficient. You don’t need all those products that growers and growshops tell you you need. RO water PH’d @ 6.0 and your set with roots in 7-10 days. Look at the money I saved ya

Spent years hunting down stuff, taking chances with bugs/mold, over paid at clubs/nursery's, traded with people and got hplvd, I can go on and on

After 10 years of pheno hunting, elite clone running, and the mix of the two I've found what I love and hope to hang on to them/pass them on to my circle before I pass.

Remember that the game is 60% genetics/20%Room(dialed in or not)/10% grower

Find that winner and keep it coming

Good luck

Think I had a issue with hlvd last grow :(

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Well sure.

Everybody does.

The Havasu Penile Labial Venereal Displacement is renowned for it's difficulty.

But wherever did you acquire the HPLVD?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
I didn’t make this recipe it was given to me by medgrowertom..

I filled my psycloner with about 3 gals of water and threw an air stone in there. This is the start of week 3 that I pictured...ps. I didn’t ph anything

Clones: 10mils clonex, 3-4 Mils hormex, 6 mils clear Rez all per gallon

Change out day 7 to:
12-15 Mils clonex, 6mils clear rez, eliminate hormex ph 6 temp 68-70f

glad its working out for you, fwiw i got the recipe from another post in here, tho they recommend ph and ro water. They do just fine for me without tho :)

Latest posts

Latest posts