What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Ain't no sunshine!" Canadian smoke?

prune

Veteran
It's noon, not a cloud in the sky, but there ain't no sunshine. Couldn't get a sunburn if I tried... (really, I've tried! lol)

Anytime the sun has been out this summer we've been centered in the Canadian smoke plume from all the tundra fires up North. Sunny days are running 10* cooler than they should be under normal conditions.

Now I'm hearing multiple accounts of outdoor grows going to pre-flower much too early. If this continues it's going to be a real Larfy, moldy finish to outdoor ops this year?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm not from Michigan, and I just took a power rip, but are you saying the forest fires in Canada are so bad this year that it's causing less hours of sunlight and some outdoor plants are already starting to flower? That sounds crazy yo! I know California has bad forest fires too, I wonder if anybody on the west coast has experienced this.

prune

Veteran
Not less hours of sun per day, AP, just less intensity throughout the day.
I've seen the weather maps tracking this smoke and it's passing over the EC, too - just not as frequently as MI has been sitting bullseye. Our sunny weather usually flows from western Canada this time of year, when we get clean air from the gulf it's usually cloudy or rainy. So it's a dblfk...

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Not less hours of sun per day, AP, just less intensity throughout the day.
I've seen the weather maps tracking this smoke and it's passing over the EC, too - just not as frequently as MI has been sitting bullseye. Our sunny weather usually flows from western Canada this time of year, when we get clean air from the gulf it's usually cloudy or rainy. So it's a dblfk...
So what happens during a week of overcast? That's not uncommon.

I'm not from Michigan, and I just took a power rip, but are you saying the forest fires in Canada are so bad this year that it's causing less hours of sunlight and some outdoor plants are already starting to flower? That sounds crazy yo! I know California has bad forest fires too, I wonder if anybody on the west coast has experienced this.

western Canada was covered in smoke in 2017 and 2018 in the provinces worst forest fire season's on record. My crops turned out just fine both light dep and full season and it was smokey enough to be raining ash all summer

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear of wildfire smoke. I've seen it drape a valley, blanketing with thick smoke several times.