"Ain't no sunshine!" Canadian smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ain't no sunshine!" Canadian smoke?

It's noon, not a cloud in the sky, but there ain't no sunshine. Couldn't get a sunburn if I tried... (really, I've tried! lol)

Anytime the sun has been out this summer we've been centered in the Canadian smoke plume from all the tundra fires up North. Sunny days are running 10* cooler than they should be under normal conditions.

Now I'm hearing multiple accounts of outdoor grows going to pre-flower much too early. If this continues it's going to be a real Larfy, moldy finish to outdoor ops this year?

I'm not from Michigan, and I just took a power rip, but are you saying the forest fires in Canada are so bad this year that it's causing less hours of sunlight and some outdoor plants are already starting to flower? That sounds crazy yo! I know California has bad forest fires too, I wonder if anybody on the west coast has experienced this.
    You may not vote on any more threads today.
    Don't sweat the technique.
    And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.

Comment

Not less hours of sun per day, AP, just less intensity throughout the day.
      I've seen the weather maps tracking this smoke and it's passing over the EC, too - just not as frequently as MI has been sitting bullseye. Our sunny weather usually flows from western Canada this time of year, when we get clean air from the gulf it's usually cloudy or rainy. So it's a dblfk...

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
        I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
        The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
        the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
        may their arms be too short to scratch...

Comment

Originally posted by prune View Post
          Not less hours of sun per day, AP, just less intensity throughout the day.
          I've seen the weather maps tracking this smoke and it's passing over the EC, too - just not as frequently as MI has been sitting bullseye. Our sunny weather usually flows from western Canada this time of year, when we get clean air from the gulf it's usually cloudy or rainy. So it's a dblfk...
          So what happens during a week of overcast? That's not uncommon.

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
          The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

Comment

Last edited by Del_9_THC; 07-29-2019, 04:45.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentPothead View Post
              I'm not from Michigan, and I just took a power rip, but are you saying the forest fires in Canada are so bad this year that it's causing less hours of sunlight and some outdoor plants are already starting to flower? That sounds crazy yo! I know California has bad forest fires too, I wonder if anybody on the west coast has experienced this.
              western Canada was covered in smoke in 2017 and 2018 in the provinces worst forest fire season's on record. My crops turned out just fine both light dep and full season and it was smokey enough to be raining ash all summer

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLsye_LJ_Ks

[YOUTUBEIF]jLsye_LJ_Ks[/YOUTUBEIF]

Seems more appropriate coming from a Canadian artist ;-)~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMan13 View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLsye_LJ_Ks

[youtubeif]jLsye_LJ_Ks[/youtubeif]

Seems more appropriate coming from a Canadian artist ;-)~
                  That hurt my musical senses!

Comment

Sorry to hear of wildfire smoke. I've seen it drape a valley, blanketing with thick smoke several times.
                    ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                    "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                    We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X