What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2019 Michigan Cannabis Cup

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
I have been to other events at the russel, had a blast.

Can't wait, I still have to grab my tickets yet, not sure if going both days, but I plan to.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I think the existing Rainbow family might take issue with that...

dank.Frank

The family and the farm have nothing to do with each other. Rainbow farms was a venue in Vandalia, MI. It was taken down by the forces at be some time ago. They put on the most open festivals I have ever been to, and the sheer amount/variety of top notch flowers was unreal. The rainbow family gatherings are a very different thing. And they coexisted for years together in harmony. Many of the same faces would be seen at a gathering as well as a festival.

sof2butch

2019 detroit cup was terribly organized by North Coast Events. After arriving early but still waiting 2.5 hrs in line i politely told the guy from the event organizers "hey buddy, 2.5 hours up to this point, some of these people wont be back next year because of this". He rudely replies to me " WE ARE HAVING 15,000 PEOPLE HERE TODAY MAN"! I wanted so bad to say "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU KNEW HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE COMING HERE TODAY AND YOU STILL FUCKED IT UP THIS BAD YOU FUCKING IDIOTS"!!! Instead I took the high road and just decided that you cant argue with stupidity, count me out for next year. The vendors were cool as hell

Leaflet

I'm sorry to hear it went exactly as I expected it would. My experience earlier this year is exactly why I didn't waste my time with this one.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2019 detroit cup was terribly organized by North Coast Events. After arriving early but still waiting 2.5 hrs in line i politely told the guy from the event organizers "hey buddy, 2.5 hours up to this point, some of these people wont be back next year because of this". He rudely replies to me " WE ARE HAVING 15,000 PEOPLE HERE TODAY MAN"! I wanted so bad to say "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU KNEW HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE COMING HERE TODAY AND YOU STILL FUCKED IT UP THIS BAD YOU FUCKING IDIOTS"!!! Instead I took the high road and just decided that you cant argue with stupidity, count me out for next year. The vendors were cool as hell

I'm sorry to hear it went exactly as I expected it would. My experience earlier this year is exactly why I didn't waste my time with this one.
After Clio, I decided to stay away as well. Glad to see my decision was correct.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Personally, I had a blast. However I went and picked up and exchanged ticket for wristband early, so come Saturday I already I already had wristband and did not have to wait in huge line. Actually we got in couple hours early on Saturday. Sunday we did have to wait about an hour tho..

Venders were nice, ran into some old friends, picked up some clones. Had a nice time. Heck even parked for free on side of road about a 4 min walk to the entrance. I got lots of pics.

Picked up zkittlez and gdp clones there as well. Wish I could of made it to Clio.

Oh, and I also got be a judge for the pen carts, so that was fun.

:)

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I had a blast. However I went and picked up and exchanged ticket for wristband early, so come Saturday I already I already had wristband and did not have to wait in huge line. Actually we got in couple hours early on Saturday. Sunday we did have to wait about an hour tho..

Venders were nice, ran into some old friends, picked up some clones. Had a nice time. Heck even parked for free on side of road about a 4 min walk to the entrance. I got lots of pics.

Picked up zkittlez and gdp clones there as well. Wish I could of made it to Clio.

Oh, and I also got be a judge for the pen carts, so that was fun.

:)
Your experience was vastly different from myself and others.

Glad you had a good time.

I will not be re attending a High Times event in the future.