What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

transfer/donation of meds as a patient to a dispensary?

stim

Does anyone know the rules for donation/transfer of meds as a patient to a dispensary? LARA differed me to the emergency rules which I am reading now but any info would be helpful. Are only licensed growers/processors allowed to transfer meds under the new laws? Thanks any info would help

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
...Are only licensed growers/processors allowed to transfer meds under the new laws?...

That is my understanding of the new law/system. Not sure about the 'in effect' date.

But know that you still could as of June, which was after the new law passed.

stim

these new laws provide so much grey area on the patient side of things. Simply having overages to donate seems like a crime in itself. I am wondering if vacuum sealing my (if any) overages and putting them in a locked less accessible area would constitute as legal unusable ammounts before I can them transfer them to a caregiver or caregiving network. I am going to look into caregiving networks as a means to unload overages from now on. Its a mess for a patient grower who doesn't carry the title of caregiver. Things like even having a caregiving card even if you don't grow your patients plants seems like it disqualifies your grow if you are a residential grower.
That is my understanding of the new law/system. Not sure about the 'in effect' date.

But know that you still could as of June, which was after the new law passed.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
you can still sell to dispensaries while the new system starts up.

there's a co-op in Genesee county that is sort of like a dispensary you should check out.
Genesee County Compassion Club

it will take 18 months minimum before the new legal clubs open and they won't close all the old ones, maybe in a few towns but not in the cities.

stim

Thanks that's a really good lead. I spoke to the good folks at MI NORML today and they said that a patient should never have more than their 2.5 oz so plan your grow accordingly there are no "unusable amount" games you can play. You can safely be a caregiver that doesn't grow more than a patients allotted dozen plants and cultivate residentially but you will have to register in the communities that require a caregiver to register. You may then transfer to your patients as per the law and can avoid the industrial zoning but may subject yourself to a visit from the fire marshal/police to ensure your grow is up to code/laws. Thanks all for your help!
you can still sell to dispensaries while the new system starts up.

there's a co-op in Genesee county that is sort of like a dispensary you should check out.
Genesee County Compassion Club

it will take 18 months minimum before the new legal clubs open and they won't close all the old ones, maybe in a few towns but not in the cities.

Ready4

Veteran
Yeah just grow less, pretty basic. If you have "overages" and do not somehow desperately need the $, throw everything,but the best buds, away = you can always grow more.
The new laws will get enforced, probably sooner than later as they are punitive. You could upgrade to one of the new licenses or wait until it becomes fully legal in fall of 2018.

stim

I'm gonna need some 400 watt bulbs LOL
Yeah just grow less, pretty basic. If you have "overages" and do not somehow desperately need the $, throw everything,but the best buds, away = you can always grow more.
The new laws will get enforced, probably sooner than later as they are punitive. You could upgrade to one of the new licenses or wait until it becomes fully legal in fall of 2018.

growingcrazy

Under no law in the State of Michigan is a Caregiver or Patient allowed to transfer or donate meds to a dispensary. Period.

All dispensaries have been recommended by the Board to close down until at minimum April when the potential first licenses would be going out. Any that do not close will be scrutinized in the application process and/or denied. They are all operating illegally currently.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Under no law in the State of Michigan is a Caregiver or Patient allowed to transfer or donate meds to a dispensary. Period.

All dispensaries have been recommended by the Board to close down until at minimum April when the potential first licenses would be going out. Any that do not close will be scrutinized in the application process and/or denied. They are all operating illegally currently.
no that's old news, about 5 weeks ago they said that existing dispensaries who are applying to go legal can stay open during the transition as long as the community they are in is not against them.

there was a big article about this when it happened in the free press.

yes the dispensaries are technically not legal under the old med laws but they have been codified by state supreme court decisions over time as well as certain communities that just tolerated them.