What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New marijuana legalization petition gets green light from Board of Canvassers

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...-gets-green-light-board-canvassers/575718001/

LANSING — The Board of State Canvassers gave approval Thursday to a new proposed ballot effort to amend the state constitution to fully legalize recreational use of marijuana without taxing the drug.
The proposal from Abrogate Prohibition Michigan of Midland would nullify all laws prohibiting or regulating the use of marijuana and impose no fines, taxes or penalties on its use.
"I call it the Second Amendment of cannabis," sponsor Timothy Locke told the Free Press, comparing it to the U.S. constitutional provision granting the right to bear arms.
The Legislature would still have the power to tax and regulate cannabis, but no such measures would be required as part of his constitutional amendment, he said.
The board voted 4-0 to approve only the form — but not the substance — of the petition, and not before one of the four board members questioned the organizers' intent.
Colleen Pero, a Republican appointee to the board, questioned a provision that would make the change retroactive.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Definitely an awesome move, should it be successful.
Retroactive, meaning wiping records and releasing cannabis offenders.

Greenthumber

Definitely an all around good looking push, but I doubt they have the time now to collect all the signatures, there's another push going on that already had 100,000 signatures the beginning of July from a article i read

TheMan13

Veteran
DH0t6G1XoAABIpn.jpg