What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Police execute raids on Gaylord marijuana dispensaries

https://www.petoskeynews.com/featur...cle_9c7c33c4-713f-11e7-87c2-a7174988031e.html

GAYLORD — Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement (SANE) officers raided five marijuana dispensaries Monday night after a two-month investigation.
The officers seized more than 20 pounds of processed marijuana, 22 plants, edibles, marijuana wax and marijuana shatter, as well as other items containing marijuana, according to a news release.
The officers also seized LSD and the prescription drugs Adderall, Vyvanse — both ADHD medications — and Tramadol — a pain medication.
For evidence, they seized a total of $20,000 in cash, six vehicles, a motorcycle and other items.
Police arrested seven individuals, who were taken to the Otsego County Jail, and are seeking warrants for others.
This is the third law enforcement action on medical marijuana dispensaries to take place in Gaylord in three years.
The first multiple-dispensary action took place in June 2015 and the second in April 2016.
A number of other agencies assisted in the investigation and execution of the search warrants — The Gaylord Police Department, Otsego County Sheriff’s Office, the Michigan State Police Gaylord Post, MSP 7th District Fugitive Team, the MSP 7th District Hometown Security Team, The MSP Technical Service Unit, Strike Team Investigative Narcotics Group (STING), the Traverse Narcotics Team (TNT) and the Huron Undercover Narcotics Team (HUNT).
A news conference will be held at the Michigan State Police 7th District Headquarters at 11 a.m. today (Tuesday).

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Hmm. Acid and dispensaries dont mix.
The report is not very well written and does not state as to whether the chemicals were the reason for the raids or just found on the premises when the raids happened for other reasons. It also doesnt explain if all the chems were found at one business or if some were found at each different business..

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Hmm. Acid and dispensaries dont mix.
The report is not very well written and does not state as to whether the chemicals were the reason for the raids or just found on the premises when the raids happened for other reasons. It also doesnt explain if all the chems were found at one business or if some were found at each different business..

I think you mean acid and cops dont mix.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Ya. that too. But lets get real. Acid in dispensaries does nothing for the cause.

OldPhart

Is this still the fight over saying a 'caregiver' can only serve 5 people? I don't even think Michigan has a legal provision for dispo's, is that what it is about?

The journalists in Northern Michigan are notorious for poorly written news reports.

The funniest part of this is that the cops were all excited about 20lbs and a few plants. In Gaylord, right now, there are two warehouses that I know of that are producing 10lbs a week with 144 plants in rotatation. hahaha... This guy is small potatoes compared to who is really working up there.

Boomers (and lsd) quit working for me when I started taking zoloft a few years ago.

But yeah, those dopes had it coming if that's how they were playing it. Especially knowing how hard up SANE is about dispensaries around there.

therevverend

Veteran
Can't tell from the report if the individuals involved were dealing the LSD or just holding it. It is possible they had some in their homes when they were searched during the arrest. In which case the press is sure to mention it frequently because it's scary stuff. No mention of whether or not they had prescriptions for the other drugs. No one gets arrested for tramadol...
Even if there aren't convictions for the cannabis the cops get to keep the cash and seized goods. In 2012 the Justice Department changed the rules so cops couldn't keep seized cash and evidence without charges or conviction.
Jeff Sessions changed it back so they can take your cash and possessions without even filing charges. Civil assets forfeiture is bullshit that's the reason for these type of raids. Gaylord police can buy themselves some shiny new military grade equipment.

Chemdawggy Dawg

The journalists in Northern Michigan are notorious for poorly written news reports.

The funniest part of this is that the cops were all excited about 20lbs and a few plants. In Gaylord, right now, there are two warehouses that I know of that are producing 10lbs a week with 144 plants in rotatation. hahaha... This guy is small potatoes compared to who is really working up there.

That's a lot of unnecessary info. Do you know what a dry snitch is? It's people like you that make this shit dangerous. I think you took too much of that blotter homie.

Badfishy1

Can't tell from the report if the individuals involved were dealing the LSD or just holding it. It is possible they had some in their homes when they were searched during the arrest. In which case the press is sure to mention it frequently because it's scary stuff. No mention of whether or not they had prescriptions for the other drugs. No one gets arrested for tramadol...
Even if there aren't convictions for the cannabis the cops get to keep the cash and seized goods. In 2012 the Justice Department changed the rules so cops couldn't keep seized cash and evidence without charges or conviction.
Jeff Sessions changed it back so they can take your cash and possessions without even filing charges. Civil assets forfeiture is bullshit that's the reason for these type of raids. Gaylord police can buy themselves some shiny new military grade equipment.

This.... it isn't stated as to where everything was found. Have to get everything 'bad' out into the article to get the click shekels. Archive.org these hack articles and hit them the only place they care about.... the pocket. Force better journalism

Green Squall

Boomers (and lsd) quit working for me when I started taking zoloft a few years ago.

But yeah, those dopes had it coming if that's how they were playing it. Especially knowing how hard up SANE is about dispensaries around there.

SSRI's are evil. You can quote me on that.

SSRI's are evil. You can quote me on that.

Ok. And agreed. However, my sanity has proven to be a product of the benefits I gain through a careful balance of Zoloft, thc, cbd, and nicotine (vape, no more cigs).

As for a dry snitch? Yep, know the term well. Never said they were good guys did I?