Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Sorry for poor quality camera !
      First one smells cough syrup / jagermeister.
      Second one floral/perfume . No idea the males used . Beans made between 1998-2003 . Just happy some popped.

Comment

Originally posted by Firecityseeds View Post
        Sorry for poor quality camera !
        First one smells cough syrup / jagermeister.
        Second one floral/perfume . No idea the males used . Beans made between 1998-2003 . Just happy some popped.
        Your pics didn't post.
        Try uploading them to tinypic, for example then post the link.

Comment

I am a caregiver to a MS patient. "P P Paralyzer" might be just what the Dr ordered.
          Any info appreciated, good post johnny.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMan13 View Post
            I believe the creator of Pinconning Paralyzer is a local multiple sclerosis patient named Larry Myers. As you can imaging naming a strain after your home town in the 80s was not a great idea, especially once High Times began writing about it. That said, he was raided in the late 80s and lost everything. I'm sure if you look really hard you could find both still floating around today though ;-)~
            Old comment, I know, but I can't help but to think what was going through the cops minds when they were raiding a MS Patients house.

Comment

It would seem that Mota Rebel is/was the only one with the Pinconning still being run (or crossed). Would anyone know how to get their hands on it? I've tried emailing and DM'ing him in IG but I don't think Mota was interested in sharing his heirloom bounty.

Comment

I've read a couple sources that claim northern lights was bred in the petoskey area eons ago. It's doubtful that they used local wild plants, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Does north America have a landrace strain to claim? Seems as though hemp was the big thing here. Idk though...

Good luck in your search.

Comment

Originally posted by Firecityseeds View Post
                  Hey . I don't think too many people still run the original Detroit purps. I was around at the beginning and your story is pretty close . Not going to rehash the whole thing but wakko found the seed in a bag of green spirit around 96'. He said it was pollinated by a purple Afghani because the guys he got it from also had purple Afghani.

The first time he ran it it actually hermied and he had a 10 lb + harvest with probably a million plus seeds lol . But in 96' you could still get rid of seeded stuff easily. I'm sure plenty of ppl popped those and it got renamed dozens of times . Like almost any other strain.

Anyway it started to lose it's vigor around 2005 and I stopped running it as did everyone I know who had it . I made dozens of crosses with it back in the day . Lost a lot of them .Still have some seeds. Popped some last year and I have 2 really nice varieties, not sure of the father's because they were unmarked.

I'll put up some pics next week of the 2 varieties I have. I got some pics up of past seed hunts on IG .same as my screen name.
                  I was around here hanging out in Mt Clemens back then. We used to get some seriously potent dope, seeded but obviously freshly cured. Gotta wonder if it was this guys shit.

Comment

It seems the Pinconning is still 'round the way, but not many people are wiling to share the love or its location. I did locate some Phifty Caliber Kush, which is 707 Headband x Pinconning Paralyzer. And Mota also had some gear Pinco Kush that was available not too long ago and if it is still floating around will be on my 'Buy On Sight' list.

In other news, while searching for the Pinconning I was told about two popular, classic Detroit strains and I was hoping someone has run across them and could shine a light on their possible genetics.
                    ----
                    "Chocolate" - Story has it this strain had a distinct chocolate/musk scent and flavor. Well known all through Cass Corridor (currently Midtown Downtown) and Dexter/Linwood area throughout the early 90s.

"Ghans" - This one is fairly obvious. But I was wondering if a particular cut of Aghani was making the rounds in the city during the early 90s.
                    ----
                    In full disclosure, I do understand that these could have been street names and give no guidance as to what the strain is/was. I'm just kinda high and lookin' for answers.

Comment

Bump for an old thread. Anyone see any paralyzer lately?

Comment

More info

We need more info on your growing style. Outdoors, in? The traits you are looking for probably won't be found in most if any commercialized varieties which are all type 1 plants, High THC--low CBD--with little if any other cannabinoids. There is a plant going around MI, the sage n sour, which has haze genetics in it. Good commercial plant with a buzz different than the rest.

What effect is it that you are looking for? Clear--uplifting--with no couchlock comedown? Search for pure landrace african, lao, thai, mexican... These plants are obviously not suited for our climate, but if this is the effect you want, create the climate. These are where you will find the type 4 magic plants. If you want more sedation go for some afghan or Pakistani--said to have varied rations of thc to cbd dom.

Outdoors here in MI, check out some m33 line. Grown up in Canada so it will deff finish here too. Perhaps not the effects you want, but def a finisher.

There is a mi guy bean brains here who has seeds from elite old cuts. nl1 for example.

Comment

Chocolate. Find someone selling beans of "chocolate thai". Thai plants can rock your world. Also hermi prone. They will cost lots. Or look for authentic haze plants. You will find sth intense if thats what you seek. These kind of plants have much longer flowering times than commercial varieties. 14-15 weeks give or take.

Comment

Originally posted by ~SpacedCWBY~ View Post
                            I've read a couple sources that claim northern lights was bred in the petoskey area eons ago. It's doubtful that they used local wild plants, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Does north America have a landrace strain to claim? Seems as though hemp was the big thing here. Idk though...

Good luck in your search.
                            can you please elaborate on this

my family grew NL all thru the 80’s until a decade ago. the clone was lost and I’ve since been on the hunt

straight pine cones and lemons.
                            higher then Swiss beats hairline

Comment

Working...
                            X