What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan Labs?

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Iron!!! The most equipment, most consistent, most knowledgeable, iso certified, and always calibrated with correct standards. Plus Brent is an old friend. Cannalytics is a joke. You can not measure quantities with TLC testing as far as I know.

TheMan13

Veteran
I've only used Iron Labs in the past, but it's been a few. I was considering giving one of their newer competitors and technology a go and PSI had been on the top of that list. Wasn't there some discrepancies between Iron Lab's and PSI's results at the High Times Cannabis Cup this year?

Iron Labs is featured in Complex's Motor City High series.
[YOUTUBEIF]8L5DaHb4EUU[/YOUTUBEIF]

Act Labs dunno except for a legit activist is involved, PSI will test anything including over 30% moisture I have used them many times but they lack standards and are suspect completely due to the high times situation. Iron labs is the only state accredited lab and also multi-state in operation. Iron labs kept it real with High Times schwag because they are the boss right now in MI. IMHO Iron would be the way to go not to bag on PSI I have used them many times but they also were in a completely dishonest scandal and have posted the highest THC results I've ever seen in cannabis period. the only way to know is blind test all of them. Honestly the amount of times I have used PSI I felt betrayed when they pulled that BS who gives a $hit what their tests say now? hope this helps

TheMan13

Veteran
I ended up going with Iron Laboratories again due to their accreditation. It was a bit pricey with the Terepene Analysis, but I am pleased with their services.

picture.php

TheMan13

Veteran
I received a brochure from The Spott Laboratory in Kalamazoo last night at the DabOWeen party in Flint. They offer a couple of services I plan to give a go before years end: Seedling Sexing by qPCR and Early Chemotype Potential (THC-CBD Ratio). Anyone know anything about this or them?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I ended up going with Iron Laboratories again due to their accreditation. It was a bit pricey with the Terepene Analysis, but I am pleased with their services.

View Image

If you don't mind my asking, how pricey? No problem if you'd rather not answer. Just curious 'cause I recently popped into a dispo to ask about having some testing done. They use Iron Labs. I was told $40 to test. There was nothing mentioned about Terpene Analysis, and that's something I just assumed was part of the price but now I wonder if there's an extra expense for it... never had anything tested before.

TheMan13

Veteran
If you don't mind my asking, how pricey? No problem if you'd rather not answer. Just curious 'cause I recently popped into a dispo to ask about having some testing done. They use Iron Labs. I was told $40 to test. There was nothing mentioned about Terpene Analysis, and that's something I just assumed was part of the price but now I wonder if there's an extra expense for it... never had anything tested before.

I paid 200$ with a membership included, but I believe it would have been 150$ without the membership (Bio + Potency + Terpene = Triple Combo).

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I paid 200$ with a membership included, but I believe it would have been 150$ without the membership (Bio + Potency + Terpene = Triple Combo).

Thanks a lot, TM13. Really appreciate the details.

Now I’m guessing the test was just for potency at the price I got...

So you’re dealing directly with the Lab? What privileges does the Membership get you? A number of free tests per year, maybe?

TheMan13

Veteran
Thanks a lot, TM13. Really appreciate the details.

Now I’m guessing the test was just for potency at the price I got...

So you’re dealing directly with the Lab? What privileges does the Membership get you? A number of free tests per year, maybe?

The Iron Membership just gives about a 20% discounted rate for all services. I plan to have a few samples run over this next year, so I'm hoping it pays for itself.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Wish their website was more user friwndly.pertaining to their price scale. If it's worth it, I have a few strains, and some of my solventless rosin id like to test out.

TheMan13

Veteran
Have any Michigan labs other than Iron Laboratories become ISO accredited yet?

I assume the new MMFLA board will choose ISO for accreditation as a requirement of their Safety Compliance Center Licenses later this year, so most finally should be headed in that direction.