What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 Michigan High Times Medical Cannabis Cup.

TheMan13

Veteran
just a vid of the festivities , there is a guy trying gg4 close to the end, had to laugh at his reaction

This is a different vid than the one I posted in the GG4 thread brother. This one is from VaderOG/Ocean Grown, a video of their trip to Detroit and vending at the cup.

Can't wait to meet you there next year ...

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Quality all around this year. Saturday only for me, but what a day. Many at HT are raving about the people. I'd agree.

Well it seems that some of the cannabis cup winning entries in Michigan this year tested positive for mites mold and mildew. I always thought the said lab that tested them was shady because they give you a two page report in which the first page says mold no for everything but the second page will tell you if there is actually any mold, mildew, foreign material, etc. I have seen many a dudes lab report "missing" the second page from that lab then I would know to stay away. Well apparently they published the data from the cannabis cup entries this year and some winners tested positive for all kinds of crap. I heard about it on the Adam Dunn online show which I will post a link to. High Times has issued a formal statement saying that without a complete analysis they think they didn't see or smell any mold ;) They never mentioned the mites. What a fiasco I know the lab does a full liquid gas spec on samples and they really do a good job. The results have been removed WTF The lab just got some state certification maybe they just don't give a damn and see high times as smaller fish.
HERE IS A LINK TO THE ADAM DUNN SHOW GO TO THE VERY END @ 2:54:15 SEC OF THE BREEDER BONANZA VIDEO
http://adamdunnshow.com/#!home

controversial results indeed

High Times is slacking big time...apparently no standards for entry intake/handling and testing/ judging.....just a damn waste of time and money for everyone with meaningless results.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Lots of misinformation here in the Mitten. Good growers exist, but most, - like growers everywhere are in-correctable and full of themselves. And they have all the answers.

I say this after working in 3 hydro shops, and running one for two years in Oakland County (the dreaded). I;m surprised that any of the samples were unadulterated by molds and pests. Several growers seen here frequently were bragging, :Come to my table at the cup, and see the winning buds,: I looked and didn;t even need to open the jars to smell. Premature. Ken Estes had a few choice nugs. Rare Dankness had some screaming great buds. Moonshine Haze, as an example. Stupendous.

The "farmers' market" You-know-where has like 10% at best of top shelf buds on display on any given day. At best. Everyone pulls the plants about one week early, and it shows.

As I said at the Hydro shop. All the info is out there to find. Step it up. It's Medical Right..? haha

Last edited:

prune

Veteran
The "farmers' market" You-know-where has like 10% at best of top shelf buds on display on any given day. At best. Everyone pulls the plants about one week early, and it shows.

someone here had in their signature line a quote that said, "90% of everything is crap". that would put your observation right in line with every-day normal life. there's a reason excellence is rare...

RaNgEr RiCk

Third place lotion with ZERO CANNABINOIDS. Sad that people who actually care about the cannabis community lost to clowns like this.