What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan insurance

OldSSSCGuy

Are there any insurance issues in Michigan for a legal grow in your own home or in a rented property? Any impact on homeowners insurance or increased need to meet code requirements?

Point being whether anyone's place with an active grow has been damaged by a fire or something and whether there were any issues getting your claim settled. Will an insurance company use that as a scapegoat to deny a valid & legitimate claim? If you have a wood shop in your home and it causes a fire - you are normally covered. Would the same apply to a grow?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
honostly i wouldnt doubt an insurance company trying to deny payment for it... but thats just standard business practices... if theres a excuse they will use it and make you fight for it... but according to law nothing negative can happen becuase of this card... but who follows the law/??

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
We've had cases where people have been compensated for stolen plants.

I'm sure it is different with each company.

OldSSSCGuy

Really appreciate that. I was going to ask about the plants but figured that might be pushing too far.

Also didn't know if a caregiver who hosts 2-3 patients would add a layer of crap from an insurance company. Thought an insurance company might claim 'commercial use of property' or some other obfuscation of reality. or challenge a commercial policy if a grow was found in a legitimate business location.