What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

legal in Detroit

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
yay, Detroit is legal now, now sure about the other 4 places that got voted on, any updates as to those?

thanks for voting everybody, love this state

hope we go legal for everybody though soon

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
nice we need to do that all over the state... to bad it wasnt a state wide vote rather then a city wide vote... what other cities was it?

ann arbor and kalamazoo???

MIway

Veteran
Still illegal to buy and sell... But shit, just need to partner up with a cop... All good in da hood! Godbee has some free time and cash... Here comes the next wave of dips... Cop backed and all.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
idk about the partner up with the cops thing lol,

but yeah, get your damn cards everybody, for whoever don't have one. And I guess for those that don't have one, move to detroit hehe.

Bout time, bout time

MIway

Veteran
I have a bit of a dry, dark humor. They already had that active duty cop running a delivery service... And there certainly are others out there too. The hypocrisy and corruption with cops, and any government here is recockulous... But that ain't exactly a secret.

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
What is this? You guys had cities that voted to legalize???
I have heard nothing about this before now
What are the specifics of the new law for Detroit?

Obsidian

Veteran
Nederland, CO was the first city in the USA to legalize Cannabis in all forms, June 4th 2010 from cultivation, sales, consumption, possession, to transportation.
any amount as much as you want, just don't make a show of it, and not shove it in the peoples face...ie no puffing in public etc.

Denver and Breckenridge just decriminalized possession of an ounce.

Detroit, city of meth heads, and crack addicts.
hopefully legal herb will help those people get off that junk.

Curious, Whats the Mansfield district like now?

rrog

Veteran
MI cities simply voted for decriminalization and making chasing weed the lowest police priority.

Killacash

Not Detroit, but relevant- check your local PD for information regardless of votes in one way or the other

Flint police plan marijuana arrests despite vote

FLINT, Mich. (AP) — Flint police and Michigan State Police troopers that patrol the city plan to arrest people for marijuana possession despite a vote on a city ballot proposal to decriminalize marijuana in some cases.

About 57 percent of ballots counted as of Wednesday were in favor of the proposal to decriminalize possession of less than an ounce of marijuana by those 19 or older, The Flint Journal reported. The city said in a statement, however, that the proposal is "symbolic in nature" as officials defer to state and federal law.

"We're still police officers and we're still empowered to enforce the laws of the state of Michigan and the United States," said Flint police Chief Alvern Lock. "We're still going to enforce the laws as we've been enforcing them."

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton, who handles Flint and the surrounding area, said his office will continue to review cases that are brought to prosecutors.

Brian Morrissey of Coalition for a Safer Flint, the group that gathered signatures to get the initiative on the ballot, said he's disappointed with the city's decision.

"If the city police want to follow state law rather than city law, then maybe the state should be paying their salary," Morrissey said.

Similar ballot measures in Detroit and Grand Rapids got voter support Tuesday. And Ypsilanti residents voted to redirect police from enforcing marijuana laws. Ypsilanti Police Chief Amy Walker told AnnArbor.com that her police department will devote its time to more serious issues.

"The present state of the marijuana law in Michigan is in flux," Walker said. "The Ypsilanti Police Department takes all crime seriously, and we are under oath to enforce the law. Because of limited resources, we must devote the most effort to the most serious crimes against people and property."

Michigan voters in 2008 approved the use of marijuana for medical reasons, but parts of the law are being challenged in court.

In Kalamazoo on Tuesday, voters approved a charter amendment to establish medical marijuana dispensaries by nearly a 2-to-1 margin, MLive.com reported. The initiative calls for a licensing system to regulate dispensaries. Dispensary owners would pay an annual $3,000 registration fee to the city.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime...rrests-despite-vote-4019460.php#ixzz2Beu2tm1q

Nederland, CO was the first city in the USA to legalize Cannabis in all forms, June 4th 2010 from cultivation, sales, consumption, possession, to transportation.
any amount as much as you want, just don't make a show of it, and not shove it in the peoples face...ie no puffing in public etc.

Denver and Breckenridge just decriminalized possession of an ounce.

Detroit, city of meth heads, and crack addicts.
hopefully legal herb will help those people get off that junk.

Curious, Whats the Mansfield district like now?

So how bad is detroit? Should I even ask? I mean I see houses starting at $1 that look uninhabitable, but I see some for $400 and $3,000 that look totally decent with a basement and all. Very tempting.. Will I get my tri-cycle taken away if I move there? I've lived in some hardcore places but never in between crips and bloods. It's always been just outside of THAT hardcore.

I'm not sure I want to revisit the 80's and move to a crackden. No offense to anyone who lives there, I am only UNDER THE IMPRESSION from the media and others that it is a crackden there.

Whether it is or isn't wouldn't really be the fault of anyone reading this, so again, no offense please..

Any advice on navigating detroit on a day-to-day basis? I'm not a punk so please don't get that impression, I just don't know what it's like so I'm askin'..

Thanks..

MIway

Veteran
I got offered to share a grow in the city...came with a flack jacket, shotgun and panic room, plus an underground tunnel back to the burbs. Its tough man... just over one person murdered per day. Everyone i know has a gun.

But shit, portland even has neighborhoods where a few rounds pop off every week. Chicago was the first place where i was actually frightened for my life... La, vegas, ny... All have areas you just dont go.

It is really disconcerting to see a major metropolis in its decline... Blight is surreal. But lack of basic srrvices like power, gas, trash, ambulance, fire, cops... And even fresh foods...the corruption and mismanagement is...???

as with everything, its not all bad... But its pretty bad. Quite frankly, the drug trade is really one of the more viable economies in the city...where anyone can have access to put food on the table. Most dont have access and privileges that the rest of us do (opportunity)... The issues run much deeper than 'crack' per se. Detroit is endemic to the problems we face as a nation.

Elevated

Just mind you p's and q's, don't act stoopid, don't bring attention to yourself and basically act like you aren't legal and if you have a good amount of street sense you should be fine.

The gangs in Detroit are nothing like Los Angeles and Chicago.