What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan?

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Anybody have any advice on Michigan?
I know its about 12 plants per patient, is there any limit on space/lights for those 12 plants?

Also do feds harrass med growers?

The cheap real estate in Michigan makes it seem very tempting

Anybody have any advice on Michigan?
I know its about 12 plants per patient, is there any limit on space/lights for those 12 plants?

Also do feds harrass med growers?

The cheap real estate in Michigan makes it seem very tempting
1- No limit on space or lights but they have to be locked up. No out in the open back yard grows.

2- Of course, as well as some local pigs.

3- It's cheap for a reason.

:dance013:

MIway

Veteran
I just did the move... and I like it here... though the weather really does suck (humid & hot to rapidly changing to humid & hot to rapidly changing to icky winters)... and there are a shit ton of bugs everywhere... like being back in the forest. Those are my biggest complaints... grower complaints around controlling the enviro.

There is also the distinct issue of rippers... which I have heard through face to face contacts (multiple) of these incidents. In desperate times...

Everything else, grower related, is about as good as it gets... the wild, wild west out here right now. Plenty of opportunity to work your way & to make a mark.

Being a patient + having 5 patients under you = 72 plants. At four per light, 18 lights. Rock that farm home booooiiiiii!

Dispensaries to channel... grey & black to boot. Plenty of opp for someone to hustle.

Washtenaw, Ingham & Wayne Counties... my suggestion to look.

Plus the actual medi scene is burgeoning, but in the raw.

But bring the regs... only helps the cream to rise! ;-)

So how common are compliance checks/growers getting harrased for no reason(ie they did all the safe things but still get charged despite being a cardholder). I was looking at a MI MM website with a story of some lady's neighbor calling the cops on her backyard grow and her getting busted for it.I'll get the link later...

Cabron

Veteran
I'm a michigander for 40 years ...
Let me be up front, blunt and honest.

This state is in dire straits and the residents
are all barely staying afloat..

The MMJ is helping many to survive currently,therefore
if you think an outsider coming here to exploit
this last means is going to be welcomed you are a fool.

I feel many of you have alot to learn about psychology

It won't be a warm welcome nor stay .....

Those are the facts....

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
there could be three michigans...
everything north of Mt pleasant and everything south and the yoop..

if you want crime,poverty,rippers and rogue cops move down south.
if you want lakes,rivers,salmon,bear,deer and a mind your own business attitude toward meds northern lower michigan is good.
if you wanna hide and never be found,live like a frontiersman and never see a single cop go to the you pee 'eh

i like northern lower with trips to the yoop for fun.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
there could be three michigans...
everything north of Mt pleasant and everything south and the yoop..

if you want crime,poverty,rippers and rogue cops move down south.
if you want lakes,rivers,salmon,bear,deer and a mind your own business attitude toward meds northern lower michigan is good.
if you wanna hide and never be found,live like a frontiersman and never see a single cop go to the you pee 'eh

i like northern lower with trips to the yoop for fun.

yeap all tru..

This is the state I've called home most of my life. MMJ is the only reason I am still here.

We have been a tourist destination forever. What that means is , We always hav someone from some damn where else gonna come here and show us dum fuks how to do shit. You be a Good neighbor we will race into your home to save the cat. you B a Flatlander,citidiot,fudge,troll, or any of the 100's of names we have for you?

I would give you a name on here to ask but he better be all gone.

Elites with Elite strains and backin Fail everyday.

So Bring your fam, bring the pets, most importantly Bring lots of Money. We are a state designed to take it away..
MY 2 Cents

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i came to MI from out of state and will say if you become a michigander these people will welcome you with open arms!!
if you start with that"where im from we do it this way" shit you will get run the fuck outa town.(up here anyway i cant speak for the lower palm)

im near the tip o'the ring finger. it is my understanding the NE side of the state is full o' meth head neo nazis.
i cant confirm this but all the locals seem to think so.

Cabron

Veteran
Just one more addition to my post above..
If you come here and instantly apply for a med license
and eventually get raided as you very well might...

Expect what I posted above to be ten fold from the
law enforcement as they will see you are a new resident
and here only to grow ...

They won't exactly be your friend and you will be scrutinized
daily from that point forward it won't be fun.

Remember one important fact

The police do not know you are a licensed legal individual until
after the raid...

That means your new residency will be watched

Your electric bill will be high = Flag
Your neighbors will be watching the new people with curiosity
and or mistrust (human behavior).

There is alot to consider and it's not all peaches and cream ..

I'd suggest a very rural place as in up north for sure I havn't
even mentioned the rippers ...

They are out in planes spotting outdoor grows that are enclosed
and there are many itching ears waiting for info on indoor grows...

yes it's that bad here in this state ....it's Michigan need I say more?

As the economy worsens by the day, integrity and morals that once helped balance and cement a decent populace are eroded
quickly,and people start to become predatory for their survival.

I wish I had better news :tiphat:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
so if I show up in a nicer gentrifying area of Detroit posing as some mid-20s semi hipster software developer and toss 8 lights in my basement i might have people on my ass from the get-go?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
worst way to move to MI possible?

so if I show up in a nicer gentrifying area of Detroit posing as some mid-20s semi hipster software developer and toss 8 lights in my basement
the rippers and the cops will be to busy fighting over you to do damage?

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
aren't there areas of Detroit that are just packed full of white hipsters?

http://www.vbs.tv/en-ca/watch/uneven-terrain/palladium-detroit-full-new-credits--3

Did Johnny Knoxville lie to me???

I've grown on a larger scale in Canada, Western Europe and even Shitholes in eastern europe where I couldn't leave the house without somebody in it for fear of it getting robbed just because it was owned by a foreigner.

I have no issues hiding a grow or protecting it, I'm not really some green-rush type who is hoping to make it big.

I'm more looking for a cool place with potential where I can have a reasonably sized grow and enjoy a new culture and place I've never been. The urban decay of the American Dream seems like a rad place to do that.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran

http://www.vbs.tv/en-ca/watch/uneven-terrain/palladium-detroit-full-new-credits--3

I've grown on a larger scale in Canada, Western Europe and even Shitholes in eastern europe where I couldn't leave the house without somebody in it for fear of it getting robbed just because it was a foreigner run place.

I have no issues hiding a grow or that kind of thing, I'm not really some green-rush type who is hoping to make it big.

I'm more looking for a cool place with potential where I can have a reasonably sized grow and enjoy a new culture and place I've never been.
Sounds like u already been to the D bro. 3rd world shithole come pretty close IME. Yeah Lots o cool places here, Detroit emptys out every weekend to those places. Well sept for the cops n rippers

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Is high consumption alone enough for the power company to nark you out? or do you have to really get on the radar of local police by fucking up some other way?

danut

Is high consumption alone enough for the power company to nark you out? or do you have to really get on the radar of local police by fucking up some other way?

Power companies sell power to make a profit.

As long as you pay your bill, they are happy to take your money.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran

I've grown on a larger scale in Canada, Western Europe and even Shitholes in eastern europe where I couldn't leave the house without somebody in it for fear of it getting robbed just because it was owned by a foreigner.

I have no issues hiding a grow or protecting it, I'm not really some green-rush type who is hoping to make it big.

I'm more looking for a cool place with potential where I can have a reasonably sized grow and enjoy a new culture and place I've never been. The urban decay of the American Dream seems like a rad place to do that.

Take your ass to Detroit if you want to. That is a fucking jungle. Put it to you like this. When Detroit had industry with good paying jobs, it was crazy. Now theres no industry with no jobs. But people still gotta eat.

Find another spot.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
As far as Med states go...

MI is probably the easiest to get going in. Ask me how I know.... Cheap rentals, cheap electricity, expensive pounds.

If you get hit by rippers, you are a idiot. Plain and simple. That shit can happen in Oakland just as easy as Detroit.

Start a thread about moving to a med state, and here come the locals with the doom and gloom. Last I checked MI could use a few consumers.

Rent a house with a garage, electric fence, big ass dogs, don't be stupid = you will be just fine. People do it in non-med states ALL THE TIME.

As for scenery though, CO and CA, are much better choices.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
As far as Med states go...

MI is probably the easiest to get going in. Ask me how I know.... Cheap rentals, cheap electricity, expensive pounds.

If you get hit by rippers, you are a idiot. Plain and simple. That shit can happen in Oakland just as easy as Detroit.

Start a thread about moving to a med state, and here come the locals with the doom and gloom. Last I checked MI could use a few consumers.

Rent a house with a garage, electric fence, big ass dogs, don't be stupid = you will be just fine. People do it in non-med states ALL THE TIME.

As for scenery though, CO and CA, are much better choices.

no doom and gloom..
just dont move to SE MI!!!!

you will be much happier up 'round torch lake
Torch_Lake_North_End_Fall.jpg

than you would be down in the D
Detroit-Wide-View_54678.jpg