What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

could be moving to michigan

joeking

Hay gang. Just wanted to see what I could find out about mmj in Michigan. My fiance and I just celebrated the birth of our first child and to be closer to her family, we are considering buying a home in the suburban Detroit area.
Can anyone give me any insight on what the dealy is. I suffer from scolesis (curvature of the spine) that causes sever back pain and muscle tension, carpal tunnel, and ptsd. I would love to cultivate legit, possibly care give, but if it's not worth the hassel, I'll stay underground. Thanks and god bless

doit i live i mi now and the process is easy when you get here i have a dr who you should see. my old lady just went through the process thursday

Rukind

i would like to know more about this as well. i grew up in the suburban area's of detroit. i was considering moving back, but i want to leave more about the mmj laws and if it is possible care give and cultivate legally.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right now the MI system is NOT "easy" to become a patient under. Not too mention, the laws are being amended this fall, so you might want to wait until the new laws are out before you make up your mind to move here....may not be the same in 6 months...

dank.Frank

Hey Frank!

I am caregiver in Michigan and I have not heard anything of the laws being amended in November. Is there a ballot initiative that I am not aware of? Or is there something in the legislature that I am unaware of? I stay up on everything, at least I try, so this is rather surprising to hear.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Hey Frank!

I am caregiver in Michigan and I have not heard anything of the laws being amended in November. Is there a ballot initiative that I am not aware of? Or is there something in the legislature that I am unaware of? I stay up on everything, at least I try, so this is rather surprising to hear.
I would like to hear more about this also.
We are looking at moving to MI next spring/summer, and if things may be changing, I would like to know about it as soon as possible.
Thanks

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There has been talk of such things ever since Jan. when the republican group wanted to make it 10 state over-seen production facilities for the whole state as opposed to the individual caregivers...

I am sure there are other bills and amendments that are being written and introduced for possible vote...including people working on find a way to get dispensaries worked into the law...12 plants flowering and 12 plants veg. vs. just 12 plants....all kinds of things will pop up come time to vote....just be aware and keep your eyes open and peeled for all sorts of people collecting signatures for petitions....makes sure you know what you are signing...

I'll try to find something more specific...

dank.Frank

Thanks Frank!

I was well aware of Sen. Kuipers bill to regulate it to 10 licensed facilities and distribution through pharmacies. Although the senate will need a super majority vote to amend the voter approved initiative which i believe is 75% of both the house and senate. Good luck getting them to agree on anything! Also I have heard Kuipers has a stake in the commerical greenhouse business, go figure...

I am all for amendments to improve our current state, 12 veg and flower would make production and searching for quality medicine on a per patient basis much faster. I will keep my eyes peeled for sure..

Peace

joeking

well. the mmj isn't the reason that we would be moving, as I said before, we are moving to be close to my sons grandparnts and fiances family, I live in a non med state now and do the outlaw thang, so not much would change, but 12 veg 12 flowering

joeking

Hey gang, just thought I would let you know that I just passed thru the new HiTech Garden Supply location in Taylor...da BOMB/ Totally stocked to the gills with EVERYTHING...I felt like a damn kid a disney world;) Check em out, they hooked me up with freebies and a tshirt, this is there 2nd week open. Peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well if that isn't a shameless promo I don't know what is....hehehehe!

j/k

I love the hydro stores popping up every where...to me hearing ads on the radio and seeing them in papers and what not, is what really makes me remember, HEY...this is a med state now!!!

dank.Frank