What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan basement and growing???

worg

I planned on renting a place that has a room already finished in the basement. This will save me a little bit of dough. My main concern though is the mold and bacteria issues. At first I was just planning on having a passive intake with a huge filtered exhaust. I think this would lead to problems of moldy nugs. I guess I will have to filter the intake with a smaller fan and filter. Is the basement a bad idea. Do you Michiganers know of basement grows that are successful. IYO do you think this plan will work ie the filtered intake air? I will obviously disinfect the room probably with bleach and water and seal the room as best I can. I have yet to see one of these basements in person but what I read is not to good. I can always build a room in the garage but that is a little more risky IMO. The grow will be completely legal but I dont want to annoy neighbors.

C

CANNATOPIA

Many Michigan Basements are left un finished. The infamous MI Basement. Due to so much water in the ground, they tend to stay damp. but if ya got the cash you can probably find a nicely finished basement. Humidity will defiantly be an issue & I defiantly recommend as many filters as possible. I use a bunch & im cleaning them constantly which makes me happy to know all that crap in the air isn't collecting on my meds. :)

worg

thanks canna, im dialing it in. I am going to use a passive intake with a furnace filter attached to it to filter. I think it filters every thing 3 microns and larger. Most mold is 3 I have read. I am going to get a 70 liter dehumidifier with some sort of continuous drain so I dont have to change the water every five minutes. I am going to go with a huge fan and the biggest carbon filter available.
Are you using organic hepa filters? If not what are you using? That is what I want to use but I feel like with such a large exhaust that the passive intake connected to a hepa will impede air flow. The furnace filters, however not as good, are made for air flow. What kind of dehumidifier are you using? thanks again Cannatopia

C

CANNATOPIA

I am not using a basement right now for my set up. It stays pretty dry where i have the grow so I really don't need one except in my Dry & Curing box. I use Window screens for all passive vents & I have 2 that are passive. The flowering room has two small axel fans which are covered by Metal Dryer lint traps ;)( Wich breath very well) by the time the air hits my plants it has been filtered 4 x. Which gathers almost all the crap out of the air. I clean them about once a week. Where I live is Tons of Farm land so there isn't much need for an exhaust carbon filter but I am set up for one when & if ever necessary. I have many pictures of my set up in MY Medical Lab Thread. Hope this helps friend. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts