What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan MMJ Card Renewal Info Update

C

CANNATOPIA

I asked the MMMP what was taking so long with the cards & what will happen if cards are not received before expiration date and this is what they said. Take it how ya want. Hope it helps in some way. Peace IC! :0)
Renewal aapplications are approved or denied within 15 days of receipt. If denied, the patient will receive a certified letter from the State of Michigan explaining the reasons and what to do next.
Once it has been 20 days since the date the check or money order has been cashed, and if the patient has not received a certified letter of denial from the State, then in most cases, the patient (and if a caregiver was designated on the application) has been approved. Your current registry ID card will continue to remain active until you receive your new registry ID card within 60 days of the expiration date.
I hope this information is helpful. For further information or to view status updates, please visit our website at www.michigan.gov/mmp.
Regards,
Melissa M. Peters
Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator
Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

walleye

At a compasion meeting, a member had taken a memo of state police "to arrest anyone without the card on their person" to the ways-means commitee a few times and discussed the hold up with the cards. Seems both dems and repubs were quite upset with state police about the memo, breaking law by arresting innocent citizens. Congress told state police to stop arresting people waiting for cards, and told the mich health dept to #1: contact all police depts in mich and inform them of legality of app forms after 20 days (they gave them 30 days to conmplete this task) and #2; speed up/fix their time line for issuing cards (45 days to conform). Probably take them years just to contact a few leo's !

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
its been 4 months and i still have not got my card.... by the time i get my card ill be renewing it...

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
what they are doing is just setting a trap.. Not issuing cards means everyone is still under the microscope of we cant be sure... and they send you to jail and fuck with you anyways... i got signed up begining of feb my buddy just got his card 3 weeks ago for the end of december...

every month that goes by the wait gets longer and longer... we should be suing the state.

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Not a bad idea. But, they have it worded so that the MDCH is covered - they say the paperwork is as valid as a card. What they should be doing is working with LEO to figure out a system where they can verify that "the card's on it's way" so there isn't any confusion. Just like verifying a card, they should be able to verify an application by your name with the MDCH. I don't understand what's so hard about that aside from working around the "privacy" issue which I'm sure most people would forgo during the app process if it meant not getting messed with. Or at least have the card numbers available so that the applicant can call and get their ID number after 20 days and write it in on the application. Like a temporary validation.

Attached a copy of the paper that is given to leo that shows changes in the law. It seems they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground as usual. They contradict themselves in there couple times. Look at #5 under limitations and then look in the next column over at #4. There is no legal mechanism, but they say in #5 "to anyone OTHER THAN A QUALIFIED" So wouldn't that be understood as "They may transfer between patients"? Going by their little document here, that would be correct, but incorrect.

They're just looking for any reason to arrest us, put us in jail, and feed their precious "justice system" where everyone is guilty until proven innocent (which doesn't matter because innocence is open to interpretation).

Attachments

• MSP_Legal_Update_No._69_259822_7.pdf
    38.4 KB · Views: 45

xcrispi

LOL, it took me 3 months and a week before i got my card,
and it's only good for 9 months.
I wuz robbed!

Shoulda started growing 20 days after your check was cashed .

Like the other poster said , And the law states = After 20 days - your paperwork is your card .They're just now at the begining of Jan. last time I heard . lol I'm caring for patients that have changed caregivers before even recieving their cards . Mrs. Peters is on the ball too . Actually called our new patient to check the validity of the caregiver change paperwork because the patient hadn't even gotten their card yet .

Peace all
Crispi
:hotbounce:hotbounce:hotbounce

Latest posts

Latest posts