What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

patriot care greenfield

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Please leave a review!

-------------------------

i have been three times.

first time i went with a friend who was looking for smokable CBD flower. they had a couple options which surprised me. she bought one of each. "the heirloom collective" charlottes web was decent, smelled okay. the other one was less memorable, by another producer.

second time i went for myself and got two eights, "commonwealth alternative care" wedding cake and trainwreck. the trainwreck smelled right so i was hopeful but the cake was suspect immediately upon first inspection-- brown, beat to shit, no trichs left, no smell. they both sizzled and left poopy coal bricks in the bowl, couldn't finish a single bowl of either. garbage. i felt totally burned and vowed to never go back.

i should mention you can't touch, smell, or even look at a sample of what you're buying at this store. nothing is on display. there are no pictures of the products. the budtenders don't know jack shit about any of the products, and haven't tried most of what's on the shelf. you are only buying based on names and cannab % which is horseshit.

so a few months later im thinking i'd like a little variety, some new dabs. i'm driving thru greenfield so i look up the online menu and they've got a decent selection, shatters, waxes, even some live resins and terp sauce! i'm thinking, okay, thca chunks floating in terps testing clean is a recipe for happiness. there's even a picture!

bought a gram of "sira naturals" mother of berries terp sauce. $$$$. go home, open it up, smells like a dirty old rosin chip. no terps. no sauce. just dry waxed up garbage. i couldn't even finish the gram it was so unpleasant to dab. totally burned AGAIN.

fuck this place.

yardgrazer

I've been to PatriotCare in GF a number of times, had some really good luck with flower from The Heirloom Collective and Sira. Didn't go for quite awhile, and the last time I went I thought the flower was pretty so-so (and one of them was from Heirloom Collective even), kinda dry, nothing to write home about. May go again at some point anyway, just did it to add some variety to my own stash.

I haven't bought extracts from them in a long while, because IMO their extracts aren't very good. NETA had good extracts the last time I bought from them, which admittedly was a long time ago at this point. Even "Fitchburg's Finest" which purported to be hash... it's kief and extract blended together. Personally I wasn't impressed.

Still, hopeful the flower will be more to my liking in the future.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I scope the dispensary menus when Im in Mass and I have a Mass med card but the flower has been so low quality that I've sampled and the stories from workers in legal grow ops here really don't inspire me to drop any more money at one until I see better reviews.

That Arcata Trainwreck I keep reading about is what sucks me in but I couldn't find any during my last trip to Arcata, don't imagine I'm likely to have better luck in Boston.

from the looks of things at the huge farmers market in Maine yesterday most of Boston's shoppers come to Portland for those $200 grey market zips.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Oh yeah I've been there. Once. Will never return. 60$ eighths, the most you can buy per person is an eighth. The weed smelt super strong of lemon, but was insanely dry and crumbly. It made me think they sprayed something lemon flavored on the bud. But for me the kicker is that their parent company has been lobbying the states of NY and MA to make home growing illegal again. They have claimed "home growers will flood the market with dangerous and untested product." So yeah, I don't give them any money because they are shit stains who don't deserve any.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
A lot of bud maybe most isn't very good (retail or 'black market') when it is incompetent for profit, unhealthy unfit recipe.

yardgrazer

How much at Patriot Care? I think it's all the same pricing, $300 per ounce (plus the 20% tax, so $360). I was paying $250 for basically the same herb on the unregulated market, so... not exactly great pricing. If the dispensaries' product was reliably amazing I might be okay with the price, but it isn't, by any means.

Also there's something about buying from a store, any store, not just the ones that feel like you're in an Apple store, that makes me feel a little dead inside.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
How much at Patriot Care? I think it's all the same pricing, $300 per ounce (plus the 20% tax, so $360). I was paying $250 for basically the same herb on the unregulated market, so... not exactly great pricing. If the dispensaries' product was reliably amazing I might be okay with the price, but it isn't, by any means.

Also there's something about buying from a store, any store, not just the ones that feel like you're in an Apple store, that makes me feel a little dead inside.

250 gets you top shelf weed up there. Any assurances of organic clean grow go with it?

420 in a dispensary is steep. Can't believe they get that much. Dam, No wonder it's legal.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So how many IC mag growers are still buying weed if they can find better than their own if they can find it at a good price?

I've bought 3 zips from a friend here in Mass in the past couple weeks just because I love to smoke the best and I've only met 3 growers on the east coast who have top shelf quality like I'm used to from California.

loud, frosty, well cured and dried elite strains like in Cali that crush the quality I usually produce.

I'm sitting on pounds of good quality harvest from my OD, many different strains that satisfy me well but will never compare to top shelf indoor so when I have access to these growers herb I want all I can get my hands on.:biggrin::woohoo:

the crap these dispensaries peddle is top shelf priced but lower or equal quality than the $200 an ounce stuff I saw from 70 vendors last weekend at the Maine event.

I drove over 3 hours to that event, walked the show twice looking for some buds that I wanted to smoke but couldn't find anything high quality or even anything that had a smell really.

in the end I left with an 1/8th and drove back stopping to see my friend on the way home and pick up more of his Mac1.

yardgrazer

Looks like 175$ per half ounce, plus taxes, so 210$ a half, 420$ an ounce.

Oh jesus, you're right. Wow, that's ridiculous. Or, wait, I just looked at their page and it looks like it varies, some ounces are indeed $300 plus tax, but some are $400 plus tax ($480!) Obviously at that point they just want their $50 per eighth, no discounts.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Oh jesus, you're right. Wow, that's ridiculous. Or, wait, I just looked at their page and it looks like it varies, some ounces are indeed $300 plus tax, but some are $400 plus tax ($480!) Obviously at that point they just want their $50 per eighth, no discounts.
They might change prices over the course of the day based on availability? When I looked that day there were only half ounces available, all at the same price. Today there are different strains available and different amounts even, some you can buy up to an ounce. If I had to guess it's all based on stock.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
ya they don’t have anything i’d consider top shelf at patriot care. not even close.

their best flower is nasty mids not therapeutic not worth smoking.

maine has a lot of great growers. a lot of mass’s best moved there over the last 5–10 years. i have yet to see anything from an MA dispensary rival the average 200$ gray market zip from maine.

yardgrazer

Pro-tip I didn't learn until I got there - using the online order-ahead system at PatriotCare is kinda pointless, because you still have to wait in the same lines (outdoor, and then indoor) as you would if you walked up and ordered in person. Haven't been to dispensaries since the fall and things may have changed in the age of Covid, but when I was last there NETA and INSA had a better set-up for order-ahead customers. Also their online ordering system doesn't add taxes to your shopping cart (I suspected as much and had the tax money all ready to go but a guy can hope prices have come down, right?)

yardgrazer

I kinda wondered, when I went in the fall I think Farmacy had recently opened and PatriotCare seemed like a bit of a ghost town (is there a place in Shelburne Falls now too? Maybe I was thinking of that one). I'm finally down to the last few buds from last fall's harvest. Hopefully this purchase will tide me over for a little while I wait for the semi-autos to be done. Not a fan of buying from dispensaries.