What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REC/MED Quality spots..

asher1er

Veteran
:wave: Will be heading to the Salem area for Danksgiving week and thought id check in with the locals..

Any spots in the surrounding areas with quality rec or even med product? :tiphat: :joint:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
In another thread I heard NETA brookline is good bud and good prices, but it's like an hour from Salem. I'm way out in the boonies or I'd be more helpful, sorry.

asher1er

Veteran
Thanks AP! Just mapped it out and it’s about a 45 min ride which isn’t bad if it’s better then the average spot. Will plan some stuff around the way to make the trip worth it for everyone else :D

:tiphat: :joint:

Skuubi

Gage in Ayer has always had a great selection. But it's a bit of a ride I believe. Stem in downtown Haverhill also has quality flower and concentrates.
I've had more bad experiences with ATG then I have had good.

Robney

Gonna sound a bit rude here, but.....

Most of the med/rec cannabis here is trash.

NETA is absolute garbage, Patriot Care is hardly much better, Garden Remedies is trash, the list goes on and on.

There are a couple dispensaries that people seem to enjoy like Bershire Roots, MAC (no relation to the cut), and Good Chem. Of all those, I think the one closest to Salem would be the East Boston location of Bershire Roots (Rec, not medical).

I have only been to Berkshire Roots, and if I were to grab anything, I'd go to Berkshire roots as their bud actually has some flavor. Their OGKB 2.0 bx actually had some ogkb 2.0 flavor to it.

I mean, most of the bud out here has decent effects, they just don't know how to dry and cure for flavor. You have a couple of options right in Salem, like INSA and ATG, but I have never tried their flower, nor do I hear people raving about them the same way people talk about Berkshire Roots and Mac.

Oh yeah, be ready to drop $60-70 for a rec eighth.

asher1er

Veteran
So far INSA has trash.. could have probably been quality bud but you can tell it all fell short in the harvest area :wallbash: didn’t expect to find “TOP SHELF” in any Rec/med spot but at very minimum some decent quality..

Thanks for the heads up tho! I’ll drop by Berkshire Roots and see what’s good :joint: :tiphat:

Magnificat

I am smoking on some GoodChem right now.. Its definitely up there with quality and I am very particular about quality growing my own all these years...I'm harvesting in 2 weeks or less and still have leftovers so its just to tide me over till my new harvest is ready but definitely the best of the bunch as far as dispensary weed goes.

Goodchem XJ-13, Amnesia Haze, Orange Wifi, ingrid for instance. Most have decent smell and a nice kick although will never live up to my own home grown which has all resin glands intact..

Robney

That's cool to hear about Good Chem. I'm rarely out in that area so I've never tried it. Next time I'm looking maybe I'll make the trek.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Anyone visit the Boston area? After getting my med card I have found Sira Naturals in Davis Sq Somerville has great buds.