What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts prices: retail vs black market

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Apothca over in Arlington has Honolulu Strangler which is supposed to be good, and NETA in Brookline has Trainwreck and Ghost Train Haze. Bought an ounce of the Arcata Trainwreck for $360 with tax. The black market buds I can get are $280 an ounce but comes nowhere near as good as the buds from NETA or Apothca. Apothca gets in Sira buds as well as stuff from Revolutionary Clinics and 1 or 2 more. The GG#4 from Sira was out of sight. Like good sour diesel.

GrouchyOldMan

Well, I dunno. Still seems like it's better to be legal than not. Last sample I bought from Verilife, Whareham, was solid shite! Over priced, with our dysfunctional State in the loop, but good product.

Jus Sayin,

-Grouchy

yardgrazer

I've always reckoned it depends on what your other options are... eastern MA in my experience is often a difficult place to find connections, it's largely word of mouth and luck finding someone halfway reliable with good connections of their own. I certainly put up with lackluster options when that was all I had, and stuck like glue to the solid people for years and years, always worried they'd decide they'd had enough.

On the other hand, dispensaries... keep normal business hours, once you identify a producer with reliable quality product it's something of a known quantity, and variety.

Neither is as good as my own homegrown, but harvesting and curing is work.

Burt

Veteran
Expect to pay 180-220 for top shelf NE buds on the black market. Worth every penny and half the cost of dispensaries.
I love Maine grown dank and everyone seems to be rocking quality edibles and carts too

Latest posts

Latest posts