What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gene Traders Ludlow Mass Sunday Jan 14th

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
1d1gnn.jpg

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
gonna be real exclusive when nobody has the addy, lol!

I don't understand why he won't go back to that biker club, that was the best location by far.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
The address does work but wow, I seriously half thought I was gonna get jumped going out there into an actual farming field on a dirt road :D It was very chill though. Got to meet OvergrowDaWorld and Scrappy Doo which was cool. Scrappy you should have stuck around and smoked a joint bro! You left too fast :D Picked up two cuts of GG#4 gonna up pot them tonight, I'm excited to see them grow.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Thank you to all who came out and showed me so much love. It was awesome seeing old friends and making new ones. Cant wait till next event!

Max Q

Excellent event, beautiful weather, beautiful genetics..... I don't think I met you yesterday, I was in an out quickly..... but I didn't miss your clones, got just what I wanted. Thx very much!

I don't think I would have found it without GPS, ha, ha.

I've been using organic soil/medium: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend Platinum Grower's Mix (Great stuff but pricey at $30 per 1.5 cu ft), Roots Organic Coco Coir and Roots Organics Coarse Perlite. I also used a 2 cu ft bag of Coco Loco for the first month or so because at the Gene Traders event all they had for soil was that or a small bag of Happy Frog.

I need some more soil right now, so i'm grabbing a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest because it's only like $18 a bag and i've heard stuff about it.

I have a couple questions though if someone could help me out. I've heard some people on the forum saying that using non-organic nutrients destroys the microbial life and other stuff and that if your going to use organic soil, then you should use organic nutes like EWC, Bat Guano, Lobster/Crab Meal, Kelp Meal, Lime, Compost teas, Mykos, etc. It seems like almost all good soil and most soil in general is organic so this seems weird to me.

Now, the problem is i am using the GH lineup with the lucas formula except a few tweaks: Flora Micro, Flora Bloom, Armor Si, CaliMagic, Floralicious Plus, Liquid Kool Bloom, Dry Kool Bloom (later in flowering only), Epsom Salt, Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses. I do also use organics sometimes like Alaska Fish Emulsion and EWC. Am i destroying anything by using non-organics mostly?

Another question i have is it best to make your own soil mix? I've heard some people on here say it makes a huge difference and it costs less. I've seen several recipes but doe anyone have a recipe or know what is a good mix?

ALso i've heard debates about flushing your plant every so often,but some people say to never do it except for right before harvest because is can cause deficiencies. Though other people argue you need to get rid of the salts often by flushing. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

It'sunny how everyone has opposite opinions on almost everything on here lol.

Cheers!

Muleskinner

Veteran
As an organic fanatic I would say absolutely yes get every last synthetic nute out of your mix. They taste bad...the flavor and quality of high/effects will increase to maximum with 100% organic. With fully organic whole nutrients in the soil mix you never flush.

I do make my own soil mix to save money. I buy a high porosity peat/perlite mix (Lambert LM111 or Promix HP) and add Coast of Maine Penobscot compost - it's so much cheaper than Stonington and the same quality. I aim for about 15% compost, 35% perlite, 50% peat. I add 3-4 tablespoons of dry nutrients (guanos and meals) per gallon of mix.

btw, if you search a little harder you can find COM stuff for cheap. Essex County Coop in Topsfield has the Stonington for $26 per bag, and if you're passing by I-95 in Maine you can go ever lower at this place:

https://www.longhorn.me/documents/garden_soils.html

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've been using organic soil/medium: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend Platinum Grower's Mix (Great stuff but pricey at $30 per 1.5 cu ft), Roots Organic Coco Coir and Roots Organics Coarse Perlite. I also used a 2 cu ft bag of Coco Loco for the first month or so because at the Gene Traders event all they had for soil was that or a small bag of Happy Frog.

I need some more soil right now, so i'm grabbing a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest because it's only like $18 a bag and i've heard stuff about it.

I have a couple questions though if someone could help me out. I've heard some people on the forum saying that using non-organic nutrients destroys the microbial life and other stuff and that if your going to use organic soil, then you should use organic nutes like EWC, Bat Guano, Lobster/Crab Meal, Kelp Meal, Lime, Compost teas, Mykos, etc. It seems like almost all good soil and most soil in general is organic so this seems weird to me.

Now, the problem is i am using the GH lineup with the lucas formula except a few tweaks: Flora Micro, Flora Bloom, Armor Si, CaliMagic, Floralicious Plus, Liquid Kool Bloom, Dry Kool Bloom (later in flowering only), Epsom Salt, Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses. I do also use organics sometimes like Alaska Fish Emulsion and EWC. Am i destroying anything by using non-organics mostly?

Another question i have is it best to make your own soil mix? I've heard some people on here say it makes a huge difference and it costs less. I've seen several recipes but doe anyone have a recipe or know what is a good mix?

ALso i've heard debates about flushing your plant every so often,but some people say to never do it except for right before harvest because is can cause deficiencies. Though other people argue you need to get rid of the salts often by flushing. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

It'sunny how everyone has opposite opinions on almost everything on here lol.

Cheers!

whoever sold you GH hydro nutes to go with an organic soil mix is a yo-yo.
they certainly had GH organic line of nutes on the next shelf over and they would have made the same money but sold you a pricey decent product.

the flowers that I won the cup with were grown in Happy Frog with the entire line of GH organic ferts and they were killer.

just make it easy and switch to their organic line of nutes and use it once a week in veg and as much as needed in flower.

that COM soil or the fox farm will be fine out of the bag and you can keep it simple and learn how to grow.

Damnit, yea i screwed up. Problem is i am completely broke and can't afford to buy a whole lineup of new ferts. This sucks.

Question, what organic nutes should i grab? What do you guys who go organic use?

I can't afford any right now, so should i try and flush the nutes in the soil out? They have been in this organic soil for like 1.5 months so are the soils nutes even still working?

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts