No announcement yet.

Maine House overturns governor's veto of marijuana bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else notice the silly situation in New Hampshire? Surrounded on all 4 sides by legal cannabis, The population is mostly libertarian type conservatives who support legalization. Its like the last stand at the Alamo for the dumb ass politicians holding out there. Very noble and morally superior but absolutely hopeless.

Comment

Originally posted by KONY View Post
      all the people that voted to override it in the name of potential tax revenue should be publicly hung.
      Do you really think politicians give a fuck about anything other than finding the next group of people willing to line their pockets?

Nope.
      Never puked, fought, blacked out, or woke up in a puddle of my own urine due to cannabis. Can't say the same for alcohol....

Comment

Originally posted by KONY View Post
        Got a link with that info?

As far as I know the 2.5 oz per patient has been defined for a minute now. The 8lbs is for stuff that is still in process.

And with rec as it was originally passed, one could possess an unlimited amount from their rec harvest. There was no limit.

I want the ability to have doctors recommend more than 6 flowering plants per patient if rec has been snubbed like this.
        It's in the post hyperlinked

Comment

Congratulations Maine, you just became the first legalization state in the US to have the state goverment rescind your civil right to grow cannabis on your own property! Absolutely treason against American democracy and liberty by the criminal political class.

This law isn't better than what we had before! The referendum was the law of the land for the last 18 months - the state government was breaking the law by refusing to begin issuing licenses, that's why stores weren't opening.

There is no freedom or representative government left. We gave them a direct order by a majority of the voting pulblic, just like Massachusetts they told us to fuck off. They doubled the tax rate after we gave them a direct order to set it at 10%! Consent of the governed? We live under tyranny.

Shame on MPP for not suing the shit out of the Maine government when they violated the law by refusing to implement.
          OG refugee

Comment

Mpp are lobbyists so they don’t give a fuck
            Urb Company
            Maine Tea Growers

Comment

Any news on new caregiver law will the legislature override the govenors veto or are they
              going to keep playing games ?

Comment

On the rec side decreasing the plant count for home grows (if the person wants to follow the law) kind of forces them to buy from a retailer which will benefit the businesses and the state. I guess that was the plan all along.

Comment

I agree looks like the big money players and the state will reap the benefits of so called
                  "Legalization". To bad we had the best medical program in the country . Also going to hurt the small growers in the Maine who are just trying to make ends meet and support a family.

Comment

If they're going to tax the hell out of retail cannabis I suspect they'll find the gray/black market will keep going.
                    Respect The Plant Not The Industry

Comment

Ding! Ding! Ding! all last three post hit on the head.

I remember some people mentioning that yrs ago and they are right.

Prices are way down and will go further as I can see until it will get better. The people with the deepest pockets will survive in the legal market.

Black market...well..we all know will live and prosper.

Comment

Legal pot had to start somewhere. With Massachusetts and Canada for neighbors big money can't dominate for very long. Low plant count and high retail only encourages the black market. California black market prices have come down to the $1200 area.

There's allot of woods in Maine.

Comment

There's a lot of warehouses as well hiding behind the caregiver name. Without the state man power to stop police them the average small legal grower is priced out of a job.

IMO it will/should get worse before it gets better. 1200 is a great price right now.

Comment

I think there will be less caregivers out there in the coming year alot of gear out there for sale and fully operational grow ops for sale too. Maybe prices will stabilize but not for a while .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Blah View Post
                              There's a lot of warehouses as well hiding behind the caregiver name. Without the state man power to stop police them the average small legal grower is priced out of a job.

IMO it will/should get worse before it gets better. 1200 is a great price right now.
                              1200 for what? High grade?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeez View Post
                                1200 for what? High grade?
                                No, average is 1200 bulk buys.

top can be 1800-2k dependent on what the buyer is looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X