What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bradford Skunk

BlackBart

Veteran
Any of my fellow Mainers ever hear of a strain called Bradford Skunk ? It will supposed to be super popular .:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a Maine Super Skunk clone that goes around. You'd have to ask MeltingPot for more details on it's history. Maybe the same plant under a different name?

dank.Frank

BlackBart

Veteran
I was gifted the Bradford skunk from friend who lives up in the Orono area . He got it from a friend up in Bradford ME . Its supposedly very old like over thirty five years old .

It yields like a beast and is very mold resistant . I saw pics of it and got a sample . She is strong medicine . Nobody seems to know the genetic makeup of it though . Could be from bag seed for all I know but I think she's worthy .

highsteppa

Veteran
Midnight oil

Midnight oil

Hey Bart, Ive been told Midnight oil is locally bred, supposed to be a diesel hybrid of some sort. To me the bud and plant looks to have quite a bit of indica in, solid buds. I know folks mid coast who do well with it. They grow it in and out. 2 years ago they looked best out of everything in their GH. I know they did a a lot more of it in the GH this year.

The Bradford skunk sound good !!

highsteppa

Veteran
From what I gather the oil is somablaze blackberry x nycd...worked for 10yrs. It’s a powerhouse.

ronbo51

Veteran
I have written about this before. In 1981 I moved to Maine. On the way I stopped in Rhode Island, Jamestown, near Newport and visited with some friends. I was given some seeds. I had seen these seeds grow a couple years before in another visit. Short squat true indica. I was told it was Afghan by the guy who knew the cat that went to Afghanistan and brought the seeds back. His crew had been growing for a few years in and around Newport, southern Mass and he raved about how quality the weed was. I took those seeds to mid Maine, near Bangor, and grew them out. Pure indica perfection. Beautiful purple buds covered in trichs. No one, including me had ever encountered anything like it. It was kind of dark, We called it skullfuck. Once that shit got broken out the party shut down. It was heavy. We grew some indoor in Orono and some seeds got passed around, as well as maybe 5 years outdoor before I lost the line. BTW it was absolutely hardcore skunk. We lived in a tipi and we could smell it at night. Everyone could smell it.

Lots of skunk up in Waco, seeds and crosses out yearly there around now. Lotta people breeding Dutch passion and Sensi gear up there for decades.

BlackBart

Veteran
Well , the guy is a salt grower so the small sample he gave me didn't have much flav. I have two going now getting big in veg for outdoors . After the season is over I'll have a better assessment . I will say that it is the most vigorous plant of all my starts that I have going .

Greencraft

I have heard of the Bradford skunk from some folks upstate sounds killa love to see

some down here in southern me love to get my hands on some.

highsteppa

Veteran
Bradford

Bradford

A good buddy passed this my way..about 5-6 weeks growth from 8” plant in solo cup:tiphat:

Attachments

• 1AFDA546-785B-449F-B034-E4A248173F06.jpg
    1AFDA546-785B-449F-B034-E4A248173F06.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 92