What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalization Ballot measure may be back

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) -- Maine's top election official says he's moving forward with another review of signatures submitted in support of a marijuana referendum.

Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap announced Wednesday he won't appeal a judge's decision that revived the referendum proposal.

The Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol had disputed Dunlap's rejection of 26,779 signatures because the signature of the notary didn't match the signature on file in Augusta. A judge reversed his decision, saying the requirement of identical signatures was unreasonable.

Dunlap said the new review will be conducted "as expeditiously as possible." He said a new determination will be made "pursuant to the court order."
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/por...ay-for-marijuana-petitions-in-maine/132752706

KONY

Veteran
I've realized most young people in Maine have no idea how good they have it with weed laws. Legalize it first in NH or CT or somewhere that already has shitty growing laws.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I've been waiting to here more on this. Good to here they are moving forward. KONY, they are going to start in the state with the most chance of pulling it off first. And ME has had a medical law the longest out here, longer than most states in the country in fact. I agree the laws need to change in those other places as well, but to exclude legalization here is silly.

NOOOO to RMLA legalization bill

NOOOO to RMLA legalization bill

The "legalize maine" bill was bait-and-switched with this awful, manipulative, highly regulated highly taxed "act to regulate marijuana like alcohol" that sounds like the complete OPPOSITE of "legalize marijuana" NOT regulate it like alcoho, i despise the name of the bill even.l. NO NO NO, VOTE NO, NO. like stonedtrout always says you aren't getting my tax money, I will gladly pay the modest fee to be a medical patient and I am always compliant in my personal medical grows. Our Medical Program needs NO help. Maine is fine the way it is.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn them anyway!! Well, folks will keep on pressing for a better statute. Don't give up hope. Power in numbers!

Latest posts

Latest posts