What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Poll: Should the state of Maine create an online registry of convicted drug dealers?

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
poll is now down to 47% in favor...

Date: July 17, 2006
Subject: ARO: Poll: Should drug dealers be placed in online registries

Make your voice heard on this one...

Should the state of Maine create an online registry of convicted drug dealers?

Last I checked, 67% of respondents were in favor of drug dealers being registered like child rapists.

Go here to participate in the poll: http://www.bangornews.com/news/templates/?a=137452

G

what the fuck is the point? I mean, the boys already know whos got charges.. so what would this really achieve? sounds like a great mechanism for heads to find a new hook-up. lol.

in all seriousness, fuck that... fuckin ridiculous...

mars2112

Veteran
the lorax said:
sounds like a great mechanism for heads to find a new hook-up. lol.

lmao.. i never thought of that..

this sounds like double jeopardy.. already convicted of your crime, served your time.. yet still charged and identified as a criminal..

G

Sure would be nice to be able to find a dealer on the Web. What a nice gesture Maine is doing for thier stoner poppulation.

Guest423

Veteran
would suck to be known as a "drug dealer" if you only got caught selling a little weed.

i bet the crackheads are loving this idea," we got a letter in the mail today warning us that our neighbor sells crack" !!!

C

CannaBuilding

Wait i read the post and its been like 5 mins, i have been thinking, WHAT IS THE POINT?

So this is the way it works, someone goes to the site looks up there state town etc bla bla bla, they see names of convicted drug dealers. Mother looks at father OH shit lets move there is a drug dealer in our town our kids arent safe anymore, his gonna sell MJ to them.

So drug dealers are rapist now ay? Drug dealing is wrong, but its the result of the stupid laws that are out there.

There is no point in doing so, as to the idea were junkies have a hook up, they go to site see a name, go to the white pages look up the name, call the resident, Hi i was just on the site where it shows convicted drug dealers and your name was on there, I will like to come over and buy some shit?

Is there another reason other then to jeoperdize someones name.

peace.

mars2112

Veteran
results as of today 7/21

Do you think the state should create an online registry of convicted drug dealers?

Yes. Create the registry. 133 (38.11%)
No. Do not create the registry. 209 (59.89%)
Not sure 7 (2.01%)
Total Replies : 349

:yes:

Keighan

That's ridiculous a registry? That's a terrible waste of tax payer money if you want to know someone's record call the court and pay there printing fees, adult convictions are public record. What would be our new state slogan, Maine! The only state where your neighbors more concerned with what's going on in your life than there's!

matt11

Hell no! Not all People who sell drugs (not cannabis) don't really deserve to be humiliated and ousted like that. sure, some heroin and crack dealers that sell to kids and shit defiantly maybe deserve it. But I guarantee most will eventually stop selling and start living productive lives in this society, and I think those people deserve a second chance and not be labeled a dirt bag for years to come, even though they may have left that life long ago. Just not fair to all in my opinion.

Latest posts

Latest posts