What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Prices in Maine

Tokin_Jo

I've been a legal mmj patient since 2000. I have never broken the mmj law ever. When the med law in 2010 hit so did the gold rush with all "retractable pain" patients rushing for a chance to grow. I've met thousands of patients between here and colorado and it seems like I've met thousands more caregivers then patients. I have never met a caregiver couple who run more than 12k in lights and nor would they need to. Its just not economically viable for the numbers and to stay legal under state law with amounts of product on hand. Some of us are patients because we absolutely need the medicine while others just wanna cash out. If law enforcement ask to see my plants they can, I have nothing to hide and am certainly not going to freak out on an open forum complaining if I were supposedly legal. Those who are breaking our mmj laws are just screwing it up for the rest of us. Who can challenge that? It is what it is. -$180/ ounce

Snype

Veteran
Seeing Maine outdoor for 1,000 - 1500. The growers who need to pay bills are dumping. Others say they are holding for 3k but I think prices for local outs will be closer to 2k for something good. The best of the best might fetch 2500 at most IMO. Seems like prices may be similar to CA now. Times have changed. Only the best will survive. Warehouse grows at 2500 a P sounds like a good plan to stay competitive.

lightdepofan

tokin joe im moving to maine very soon i just purchased almost 25 acres i am very familar with west coast techniques and yields set ups etc please email me i have some questions about maines climate please email me lightdepofan@gmail.com

lightdepofan

im moving to maine and have messaged a couple other members on here i recently boiught land in main and im wondering if you can help me understand some MAINE specific things i need to know in terms of growing outdoor im very familar with west coast methods so i have a good start please email me i would really appreciate your input thanks lightdepofan@gmail.com

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ha ha maine is hell for an outdoor grower...you guys earn it more than most folks...I know as I done my share there....yeehaw.. I still got my cross from there..prob a 1000 seeds maybe more. think GNW here gave me the seeds .i thinks its mity mitexpassion1 and I crossed it with c99..oooh I aint sure now been too long..but I upped the potency and didn't loose the faster finish time..i like the price decrease ,,weed out some folks..great weed will always fetch premium prices..alot of times you do get what you pay for...yeehaw

KONY

Veteran
Great stuff goes for 2800-3200, depending on who you know/how big their op is... this is central rural part, not the cities; I'm sure could get 3500 in Portland; Individual oz's 200-300, again who you know.

Sure you can find stuff cheaper, but the quality is not there... it doesn't leave your mouth coated in amazing flavor when you are done puffing a joint or bowl.

matt11

Maine "The Way Life Should Be"

I have seen people selling mite infested flowers to there patients and that is a no no.I have seen what the dispensaries have to offer and it's not close to TopShelf and most of them don't care what your illment is. It's the passion for compassion that has people like us motivated.

mite infested flowers getting sold to patients? My god, that's seriously messed up.
also I totally agree with the dispensaries dont really care or cater to your specific ailments. But with that being said id have to disagree with the meds not being close to top shelf. Ive gotten meds at the wellness connection that were top shelf. And I know with a few strains they have (not all) they do extensive and comprehensive phenotypes selection over a long period.

Muleskinner

Veteran
How does Maine differ from the West Coast? Cloudy all summer. Colder with frost in spring and fall. Rains more. Humidity high for extended periods. Sun is much weaker.

On the plus side - spider mites aren't nearly as bad!

bluntmassa

It's awful.

Please don't move here.

Unless you grow your own. :) I live nearby and I'm black market all the way but cheaper than a good 90% at least, that I have seen here. But the people who buy from me charge $20 a gram $50 an eighth but I will give great prices if it's someone I like who buys smaller bags.

Anyone have any idea what will happen to the caregivers that are not granted recreational licenses when the recreational market opens up this year? Think those guys will stay in business?

Muleskinner

Veteran
if the medical law isn't changed they can keep going. The question is, will people continue to get the doctor's recommendation they need to use medical. If prices drop in "adult use" stores most people will probably bail on getting the recommendation.

I know in Colorado the medical law & caregivers are still going strong though. But Colorado's tax rate on adult-use weed is much higher.

KONY

Veteran
Driving to Potland today, I saw a car from Cali and a van from Oregon, both separate places, however young people driving. I wondered if they had moved here to grow.

Great weed still fetching 28-3, got people trying to prebuy it ahead of time, less than great or bulk 2-25, indoor obviously.
250 for a zip, I could probably get 300 for the cookies but I dont push it.

Best customers are other caregivers and people that have been to the dispensaries/other caregivers and are disappointed.

Last edited:

p0opstlnksal0t

Driving to Potland today, I saw a car from Cali and a van from Oregon, both separate places, however young people driving. I wondered if they had moved here to grow.

Great weed still fetching 28-3, got people trying to prebuy it ahead of time, less than great or bulk 2-25, indoor obviously.
250 for a zip, I could probably get 300 for the cookies but I dont push it.

Best customers are other caregivers and people that have been to the dispensaries/other caregivers and are disappointed.

What part of ME do you live bro?

hamstring

Veteran
I am enjoying a doobie and some high test beer while surfing the forums.

In the early 80's I was stationed in Maine. I cant even remember the name of the base but it was in Machias Maine . Lovely state I fished and hunted while stationed there. I had many good times in the local bar when I was 19-20 they never carded back then.

The weather as I remember was less serve than midwestern weather more snow but temps and winds didn't seem as bad. Many moons ago Ke-mo sah-bee so who knows if I got that right.

Is that base still in Machias? It was a VLF base ( Very Low Frequency) we transmitted to subs. Shit, I hope thats not TS info.

cheers Mainers

Latest posts

Latest posts