Maine Caregiver's Liscense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maine Caregiver's Liscense

I am moving back to Maine. I am considering getting set up as a caregiver. How difficult is it to get approved as a caregiver? How long does it take. I know how much $ it is. Is it hard to find patients? Just looking for some insight.
    “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -Hunter S Thompson

My cabinet design and build https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246458

Doc Crow's Medicine Cabinet: A Perpetual PPK Micro SOG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248868

Not sure the total expense involved but here in Maine it seems that in order to be designated as a legal cannabis caregiver it helps (in fact it may be required) to have been selected by a legal cannabis patient to fulfill that role for them. In fact, being selected by a patient to be their caregiver may be the singular initial requiring factor, besides, of course, the application fees and criminal background check.

Comment

LOTS of folks following suit doc..
      Looking for that awesome smoke from Hawaii I purchased from a surfer in 1991.No pun intended.Miss that weed.

Comment

There was some kind of expo in Portland a month or two ago and apparently (I didnt go - didnt know about it - and I was in Portland that day - Arg!) DHS was there taking caretaker applications.

The guy I know who went, said there were lots of people looking for/wanting to become a caregiver.

I do believe its correct that you need to have someone who wants you to be their caregiver prior to applying.
        Mental Floss x Blockhead Test Grow

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...

Comment

I haven't heard it being all that difficult to get the license, the one thing that DHHS is looking for would be drug related felonies on your record. It will prob take a month or 2 to have everything come back to you from the state, and from what I've been told by a few caregivers there are plenty of patients out there, if anything there's a shortage of caregivers. Google "maine caregivers" and it will come up with a couple trade organizations that help you find patients. I was told you do have to have 1 patient designate you to get the paperwork rolling, but when you fill it out you can buy all 5 tags and just find people later
          "I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." Thomas Jefferson

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all""

Freedom begins between the ears

Comment

hmmmmmm don't sound too bad....plenty of water too lol

Comment

Just a few quick questions on the application process. You can send in the application with the patient slots empty and they won't process the paperwork until you have at least one patient? Or they will start the process but won't give you your license until you have at least one patient?

Would it be better to go to expos and find a patient first and then send in the application?

Categorizing Cannabis Smoke/Effects
              Peat's Sour Rhino

Comment

I think you have to find someone willing to make you their caregiver 1st.
                Mental Floss x Blockhead Test Grow

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...

Comment

How difficult is it to find patients? I am wondering if the caregiver organizations really do help.

Categorizing Cannabis Smoke/Effects
                  Peat's Sour Rhino

Comment

Can you still be a unregistered caregiver for 3 patients plus yourself

Comment

How does that work ?

Comment

Originally posted by donny darko View Post
                        not legally, you have to register for more than 2

Comment

Originally posted by hippie_lettuce View Post
                          Just a few quick questions on the application process. You can send in the application with the patient slots empty and they won't process the paperwork until you have at least one patient? Or they will start the process but won't give you your license until you have at least one patient?

Would it be better to go to expos and find a patient first and then send in the application?
                          I've been visited, they check to see the slot registered and then they ask to see the designation forms. Yes they asked to see the designation forms with my patients names on them and yes they checked to see if they were valid. They seemed pretty thorough in their job. We have the patient sign the designation form then we send in the paperwork, they become valid when they recieve your paperwork. Dont forget your once a yr background check form and money. If a patient asks for his designation form back because he is going some place else then you must give it back and you have ten days to remove those plants or reassign them to another patient you put in that registered slot.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie_lettuce View Post
                            How difficult is it to find patients? I am wondering if the caregiver organizations really do help.

"They take yer money and give you a nightmare" " yes this guy was a nightmare" - anonymous caregiver friend.

lol, I know a few folks who made this step. Goodluck, you may make out that way. Lots of times you end up with a bad patient / caregiver relationship if you dont establish some sort of rules of your own at the beginning. We wont travel, they come to me. No you cant see the grow physically, you can see the inroom camera tho'. We're not open sundays! We're available for pickup from 9am-9pm everday but sunday. Tell patients you'll give them an ounce if they recommend another patient and that patient retains you as a caregiver for atleast one harvest. Quality speaks volumes, if you got the dank they will come. Word of mouth. My wife and I have a waiting list up to 7 patients now. I cant help them but other patients do I suppose... none of my biz. Keep your prices under $200 for killer dank and you'll be full in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by donny darko View Post
                              It's always been yourself plus 2 patients not 3..... yikes

Comment

Working...
                              X