What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine laws????

matt11

It is 12 in veg I thought?

Are you going to apply for a commercial lic when it passes?

i thought it was 14, could be wrong though. And I am definitely going to apply for commercial license when available.:dance013:
how about you? You planning on applying?

KONY

Veteran
I wonder how their weed was stored/if it was packaged. The law, fairly clearly now states you can have 8lbs per patient in process, definetly cannot be bagged up and ready to smoke/sell. The law for that amount is 2.5 oz (per patient).

i thought it was 14, could be wrong though. And I am definitely going to apply for commercial license when available.
dance013.gif

It is most definitely 12 vegging female plants. Don't think I will do a commercial license unless I find a partner with a comparable work ethic, or something to bring to the table besides money. Seed company or another niche business would be a better fit for me, from what I understand weed "bars" will be legal under the proposed legislation; won't be able to take it off site like a regular bar.

matt11

I wonder how their weed was stored/if it was packaged. The law, fairly clearly now states you can have 8lbs per patient in process, definetly cannot be bagged up and ready to smoke/sell. The law for that amount is 2.5 oz (per patient).

It is most definitely 12 vegging female plants. Don't think I will do a commercial license unless I find a partner with a comparable work ethic, or something to bring to the table besides money. Seed company or another niche business would be a better fit for me, from what I understand weed "bars" will be legal under the proposed legislation; won't be able to take it off site like a regular bar.

right on bro. And yea I think your spot on, a Maine based seed company/breeding would be very lucrative, and spreading (potentially) awesome genetics around.
I dabble in breeding myself, with around 6 different strains (feminized) I created, and more in the works.

circadian clock

anybody know what 6x8 means? I cant remember if it was 6 plants or 8 plants. or yield was 6oz or 8oz. this was around 2011-2012. was there some kind of limit on yield?

Last edited:

Mr Blah

i thought it was 14, could be wrong though. And I am definitely going to apply for commercial license when available.:dance013:
Yes, I will apply but not counting on getting one since there are only about a hundred getting one out of about 2250 caregivers in the state. Not stacked in the everyday working brotha's favor.

Mr Blah

right on bro. And yea I think your spot on, a Maine based seed company/breeding would be very lucrative, and spreading (potentially) awesome genetics around.
I dabble in breeding myself, with around 6 different strains (feminized) I created, and more in the works.
Any good hybrids to do tree grows? I would test some for ya. Give me a jingle.

Mr Blah

Anyone thinking on voting YES to legalizing cannabis better think/real long and hard.

If you vote yes in Nov, it will allow big money to come in and monopolize on the 800,000sqft canopy set in the wording. Meaning roughly a 100 or so caregivers (from the 2700+or- caregivers registered), will be able to grow commercially in 3000sqft or less. That's if the 12 or so people that get the 30,000 + sqft canopy don't push you out with there big money from out of state interest corps.
Vacation Land my ASS!

We will be forced to buy from these big wally Weed factories for a lot more than the mom and pop caregivers are doing now. We small caregivers donate a lot of meds to people that can't afford the meds. DO you really think the big bot stores will donate any......? Vote NO in Nov and let Maine rework/rewrite things better, before big money turns the best medical state in the country upside down.

MAINE was sold out by a few people.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
The law doesn't effect the medical community at all. Other then anyone over 21 can grow, and they no longer have to see a doctor. The medical side has already been monopolized when the laws regarding dispensaries and id cards changed years back. More than half the licenses which was only 8-9 were bought by out of state companies. A hundred licenses is more than 8. If you can grow for yourself you don't need to buy from a shop, and you could much more easily find a friend to help you if everyone can grow. I am starting to realize that the folks that seem to be against legalization are only thinking about it from a monetary side with no concern about the freedom of others. I am wondering if these people have never had to deal with the legal system, good for them, but others have! I have yet to hear people complaining about the legal scene in other states, with the exception of WA. Which stems from personal growing not being allowed. The only complaint that I have regarding most of these bills is that they don't allow folks with felony offenses to participate in the business end of things, especially when the offenses are cannabis related.

Mr Blah

WHy should only 100 out of 2700 caregivers be able to grow commercially? That is not the Maine way....everyone should have a shot if they want.

Ya grow your own but you wont be able to sell it legally....or until the state says
"now we want everyone to just buy from the wallyweed store so it can be more regulated".
"No more growing for yourself".

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Right now only 8 outfits are allowed to grow commercially. And as I stated half are from out of state. Caregivers in ME have limits on how many patients they can grow for. They used to have none, did you know that. The caregiver system doesn't disappear. I agree everyone "should" have a shot. The assumption that the rules will only change for the negative is only your opinion. And in fact isn't correct if you look at states like CO. Which started with limiting factors on who could participate and has made them more lenient over time.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I also notice you seem to be only worried about the caregivers here. What about the folks that cannot be caregivers under the current system, but are MUCH better growers and breeders than those who can?

Mr Blah

Lets clear the stale air. I am a CG and I live in ME. Been a CG for over 6yrs.
I don't know what you mean that someone can't become a CG under our laws?

Those 8 dispensaries do not effect us caregivers because everyone knows that you can get better meds from most caregivers and for a hell of a better price.
Take caregivers out of the equation and you are paying top dollar for IMO shit.
You say grow your own.....not so fast because big money..if it passes..will eventually make everyone buy from them at those ridiculous prices. Than if you are caught growing independently you will probably get jail time as seen in WA.
http://norml.org/laws/item/washington-penalties-2
^^^^^^^why do you think they are doing this?????The Greed! big money wants you to buy from them...COME on you got to see this??!!

I am trying to protect what we have and stop this from happening to what is the best medical cannabis program in the country.