What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine-State Finalizes Rules

Onthepoint

The final version (supposedly) of the Rules Governing Maine Medical Use of Marijuana Program are out. http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/dlrs/rulemaking/proposed.shtml#id97434http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/attach.php?id=118624&an=2

On the surface, nothing much has changed other than the obvious fact that comments made were ignored. There are tales of lawsuits being filed on behalf of patients, let's hope so. The new rules go into effect in 2 days. I have been advised not to register yet, be patient, carry the old recommendation.

E

emerald city

The final version (supposedly) of the Rules Governing Maine Medical Use of Marijuana Program are out. http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/attach.php?id=118624&an=2

On the surface, nothing much has changed other than the obvious fact that comments made were ignored. There are tales of lawsuits being filed on behalf of patients, let's hope so. The new rules go into effect in 2 days. I have been advised not to register yet, be patient, carry the old recommendation.
UPDATE MAINE;
We recieved an email from catherine cobb,Maine DHHS medical marijuana program director.We had asked her to look into the reason our mj cards were being issued[or not],in our minds ,slowly.It had been over the stated 30 days waiting period plus we noticed the state had already cashed our nonrefundable check.......She pleasantly responded that now they had "samantha" on board[the one who is to busy to return phone calls or emails],She is the person in charge of regisrty process,she was getting all the infomation into the new data base system,and issueance of cards should be forthcoming.....Ill feal a little better having a state o maine I.D over pulling out my medical documents,if the popo come a call-in...Guess thats what happens when grow up/old ,you end up compliant ahhhhh E.C/out

E

emerald city

Finally spoke with Ms. samantha today,seems my doctors recommendation wasnt written on the correct form and needed updateing..Was told,The 30 day period starts when she gets the paperwork,not exactly 30 days from when the state cashes the check...oh well.

E

emerald city

More B.S

More B.S

The ole lady got her card in the mail today , yah baby,now i wonders where's mine.Put another call into DHHS and ask about my cards status.I was told that my doctor needed to fill out a proper authorozation form not just the permission slip he wrote on his offices letterhead.They said they would fax over the proper form to his office and wait for his reply.......So i wait some more...Yesterday i call my doctors office to make sure they got the fax,the first response i got was"we never recieved the paperwork from dhhs.I then called SAm back and was told it had been sent x2 but she would gladly send it over again.....Im pissed now[stress issues + pain = no patients] I ask my wife to call to see if she can get to the bottom of the issue....When she finally gets the office manager on the phone and explains my delema this is the reply we get...."Since your husband was last in our office ,our medical practice[used to be private] has been absorbed into a medical group[mercy patient care]and theres been a policy change.. at this time they[mercy hospital group] has told the doctors NOT to sign the required paper work for patients to be compliant under DHHS rules...This is a policy desion made by managment not the doctor...We ask if the policy will change before the january 1st deadline or will all his mmj patients have to find a new doctors if they want to be compliant with the state?We were told they had no idea at this point....
I personally called back and voiced my upsetness over never being notified of the policy changes and the fact us mmj patients are again being caught in a war of politics..:moon:..Im hearing this is happening with doctors and patients throughout maine..
Atleast ive got another appointment to get my card filled out but it will cost me another office visit i cant afford,then ill probly have to send DHHS ANOTHER check.....going legal sucks
later E.C/out

Latest posts

Latest posts