What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.M.M.I. meeting 7/10/10

E

emerald city

Anyone going to attend the "Maine Medical Marijuana inc." monthly meeting??
:dance013:

E

emerald city

I actually go to these and am the sitting secretary on the board
Ive been invited to attend your meetings by the great and powerfull oz but havent had a chance as of yet..Ive heard your group is doing good things...Would you like to share what you all have been working on,ie; genetics bank,politic's....I'd be interested to hear what youve got to say.....Emerald City.

vwgtiron

We are working on a trade organization, we talked about a clone bank however we dont believe at this time there is a climate this would succeed in. Also all of the growers are allowed to come and participate at our meetings and trade items. Genetics are still up in the air, however if anyone can claim that they own marijuana strains please point them out. The same things would have happened in nature. No one on these websites is creating the molecule and then synthesizing this into a new strain. Breeding alone is not a patentable item unless you are Monsato As far as politics we have tackled the problem and sent it to committee :)

E

emerald city

owning a strain

owning a strain

Genetics are still up in the air, however if anyone can claim that they own marijuana strains please point them out. The same things would have happened in nature. No one on these websites is creating the molecule and then synthesizing this into a new strain. Breeding alone is not a patentable item unless you are Monsato As far as politics we have tackled the problem and sent it to committee :)
Interesting point,At least in america i dont belive we can patent a specific breed/type/pheno of marijuana at this time .Ive worked with plants [petunia's] that are patented and do have propagation rules written on every tag.I get your drift,but from there it gets a bit gray for me ethic's wise...Im on board with the idea that if you buy or send away for a breed she's your's to do as you please...BUT..What if a good friend turned you on to a certain "named" female only elite cut,with the promise that you wouldnt give it out or use the breed to make money..Take the idea a step further...The friend, who has offered you a cut of his/hers prized breed, actualy was the person who took the time and created the breed...One more senerio;IF "You" take a lifetime to work on select strains and genetic lines for years on end,arnt the seeds yours to do as you see fit or do you owe all the work to the betterment of humanity??.....Hard issue...medical patients of maine need safe legal access to good seeds and clones to grow there own medicine ,but on the other side those who make thier living off growing pot be it legal dispenseries , caregivers,or the underground market dont want to give up thier EDGE by giving out thier flagship breeds....
Personaly I believe ,if folks who already have stock in state had a place to donate material to[genetic bank/ coop] the varieties would pile up quickly..Problem; how does one house multiply mothers legally.....
We have 4 breeds,we rotate 3 seperate mothers for multiple cuttings, plus-3 large plants in veg-3 large plants in bud#1 -3 large plants in bud#2...For a total of 12 plants...yes thiers 2 of us :comfort: mom and pop.....If we could help another patient, i would gladly offer up the[few] extra cuttings we dont need on a monthly basis,as long as its all up and up.Dont wanna ruin my new legalness....rambled enough
enjoy the afternoon before the t-storms E.C/out