What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has Anyone Bought Legal Weed Yet?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The weed I bought in Amsterdam was consistently good, if not great. In Denver, all the weed I bought tasted like crap, a bad chemical taste I had never experienced before. It gave me a dry cough, and left a bad aftertaste.
From what I've read about Illinois, they have very little weed for dispensaries to keep up with the demand, so that explains the jacked up prices there. That, and the gouging taxes. Grow your own, and fuck 'em.

Similar to you, have tasted herb all over the Netherlands, Portugal and Colorado. I don't like wet weed, hence my handle. "Springy" and lights well is what I like. Yeah, Colorado isn't much to talk about when I lived in SO CO. It was ok, but preferred, as you do, GYO cannabis.

Hope Illinois can work out their shortage. Do they allow home grows? Can't remember.

Taxes are high no matter where you roam. Give in, give em the green backs....

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I'm really curious about Michigan's legal weed. On one hand, they have been breeding and growing up there for a long time. On the other hand, I heard that currently only Ann Arbor was selling in dispensaries. Any Michigan homies want to give us the scoop?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Some friends of mine crossed the state border recently to buy some weed in Illinois. They said all that was available was vape cartridges and edibles, mostly gummies. No flowers, no hash, no concentrates. Not worth the trip for my money.

Sconeofark

Here in Wa there are pot stores everywhere.

It comes in a range of prices and every form you can think of. We buy lots of preroll and raw flower here.

Our state actually suffers from over production.

I hit em up between harvests sometimes to keep me patient. Most of it is mass produced slab grown bag pack dried rushed out crap, but a few out there have a good product going.

My fave is Soulshine's Narnia. They say it's Jack and Trainwreck but its a Tangie. How they got that outa those two I can't imagine, but it's tasty.

The stores all have the glass display with jars n bags laid out. They have more behind the counter so you don't really get to 'pick your lobster'.

The quality control is Meh, but so is most of the pot.

bigAl25

Veteran
Jellyfish was correct if you are a recreational buyer. Made the trip with friends, given an entrance card for a 2PM entry. Went into town and had lunch to burn some time. Medical people have access to flower, recreational buyers do not. Vape cartridges, edibles available to rec buyers but limited to 3 items. They have cut down rec buy days to just Weekends for now. $70 1/2 gram vape cartridge with taxes $90 each. Edibles more reasonably priced $25 to $35 for 10 pieces 10 mg each. It may be a while for flower for rec, but medical flower goes for $60 an eight, $200 1/2 oz. Black market prices for flower much less than legal.

meshmakon

chicago illinois
sunnyside- in lakeview 1st time.
nl x haze - by tweed.... good clean get up and go, not hashy or peppery kind of expected more
black afghani - by rythm... nice to relax

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I might buy a few concentrates. I'm not setting up a co2 extraction just for a quick blast to see how it tastes. Though it's just educational as I like green not extracts. So no shop could stay open serving my small need.

Latest posts

Latest posts