What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana

bigAl25

Veteran
They do bend you over on the vape cart tax but my lungs are worth the extra price over black market vape carts that have vitamin E in them. Suffer we will, happy to have legal access only a short drive away across the river. We need more surrounding states to legalize rec and maybe they reconsider their ridiculous tax structure.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
That of course is the ones who are actually operational 5 years after licensing (Feb 2015), despite the actual law stating that is yet again more violations, as many facilities are still not producing 5 years later. (JGrown no production, IL Grown has 5k out of 95k, IGF 90k only 3k operational all these years, GTI 2nd site still down, Rev 2nd site sold to Ascend recently, and so on.....)

Still not even scratching the surface.

It has truly been the saddest thing to watch unfold, all the while as seriously ill patients have problems accessing even an 1/8th of flower in some cases, while everyone talks about "it will eventually be fine".

Bright side? That was the bright side :biglaugh:

Preach! These guys are all clowns. Hope all is well.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really disgusted to see these companies lobby so hard to fuck people out of the right to grow while securing their monopoly over supply. Saw cresco saying 1.5b market and the dude from gtbif said on tv recently he believes 3b ha. Cocksuckers. Were claiming waaaaay less in final talks to bolster their positions. Legal my ass.

roybart

What is the most profitable with 1 pound wet @ say 25% THC. For big producer??
What ever the correct answer this would dictate availability ??

rootfingers

Really disgusted to see these companies lobby so hard to fuck people out of the right to grow while securing their monopoly over supply. Saw cresco saying 1.5b market and the dude from gtbif said on tv recently he believes 3b ha. Cocksuckers. Were claiming waaaaay less in final talks to bolster their positions. Legal my ass.

Right. This has been a corporate takeover of a black market.

People of Illinois: THIS IS NOT LEGALIZATION!!!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
The older I have gotten the more I notice how everything involving government is based on illusions.

nerdygolphin

The 'legal' process can't control Mary...is this still...a...topic? The last time I checked there're dispensaries EVERYWHERE(ish)? Hip hip hooray!!!*cracks open another beer* :)

rootfingers

It's a topic, yes. The legal system IS controlling Mary. Take off your beer bottle goggles for a minute and look with sober eyes.

MindEater

They do bend you over on the vape cart tax but my lungs are worth the extra price over black market vape carts that have vitamin E in them.

Funny how pot smokers believe the talking heads on the television in the 21st century. Guess the high definition is too alluring.

bigAl25

Veteran
I'm still fucking thrilled Illinois went legal. Made the trip with my sons yesterday. New rec in Mt. Vernon, IL close to Menards and Culvers for the munchie trip afterwards. Their Cherry Gorilla is really good 2 hit ganja. Also picked up Juicy Fruit and East Coast sour diesel. I'm beginning to reconsider growing my own. I do have lots of seeds in the freezer along with Durban poison, skywalker OG, White widow, and Northern lights and others. Their weed is pretty damn good, hate on them all you want, but for Hoosiers it's a real gas to stick it up the assholes that run Indiana and it's archaic cannabis laws. We are happy on this side of the wabash river, sorry you all are so tied up in disgust over this. Hoosier tokers love the progress other states make on cannabis, IL and MI. Fuck us, Kentucky, and Ohio to damn many old white Republicans making the calls in these states. And they all could be great agriculture cannabis states if given the chance.

OWmonster187

A step in right direction is one opposite the other. No system is ever without fault but in the climate I see from my town they got bigger fish to fry. Ill take solace in the victory! It has lowered the stigma and more people are getting medicine. 😎🙌🌱🌲🌳

cryptop

Whatever can be said about the IL programs, it doesn't even begin to scratch the surface and it's immeasurably worse.

Imagine $20MM facilities built from scratch that when they're not producing product nowhere near the quality of a first round of an ICMag newbie, they're losing entire rounds to PM/Mold, touting their "Blue Dream shake" 30% test results, which cultivation ownership has told me first hand is as simple as an extra couple hundred paid to the labs.

Now add on top white collar non industry financial groups that essentially have bought all of the cultivation centers and more than 50% of the dispo's. Then add on top the legislators responsible for the adult use bill essentially allowing the cultivators to write it, granting them an oligopoly, while both simultaneously producing "Demand Studies" that proclaimed a handful of cultivators with a footprint at the time of 260k sq. ft. were able to supply and service the 2nd largest adult use market in the U.S (120MM including tourism) for 2-4 years, despite shortages serving 50k medical patients. All while ignoring an actually extremely reputable and accurate study calling for 4-5MM sq. ft. flower, which of course now that it's passed and they have their oligopoly, now openly state the same findings as what is required. (De Souza, Tribune, 4MM sq. ft. +)

Add on top adult use sponsors receiving benefits up to and including family members obtaining 6 figure executive positions with the cultivators (Cassidy/Gingrich/Revolution), a Governor who's family has financial interests in one of the cultivator vendors (Pritzker/PAX), and cultivation management obtaining senior advisory positions in the administration.

Now throw on top adult use launch, and the cultivators essentially telling some dispo's "fuck off, we don't have to sell to you", while channeling their product to their own dispo's, despite all being clear violations of the rules and regs which their licenses are conditional upon. Then you have the lip service from legislators about "patient protections after Jan 1st" (but not the 6 months before......lol), all of which, again, are violations of the rules and regs (the law...) and zero discipline from any regulatory agencies essentially no matter what anyone does, anywhere, anytime, with regulators actually telling those dispensaries who complain of no product "There is no shortage, your mistaken, everything is fine", and then afterwards denying the conversations even took place.

Throw on top cultivators charging dispo's 30 8th wholesale (for 1 or 1,000), now even raising the prices for dispo's when they decide to offer a dispo a flower order of 10-40 grams when 10-20-30 lbs needed, but then appear in the media talking about their 271,000 transactions in 4-5-6 days which included the flower which they claimed did not exist for the past 6 months for patients. (Again, another violation subject to discipline according to the actual rules which don't seem to apply lol).....

Unfortunately......that would not even begin to scratch the surface.

A bigger group of scumbags I truly have never seen in my very long life, and I've seen am all :biglaugh: .....

Now you have additional licensing rounds which they initially fought being dominated by the very same stakeholders under the guise of "incubator programs for social equity applicants", with the very same groups submitting hundreds upon hundreds of apps using SE "strawman" situations.....and of course half the cultivators touting their 35-38% test results which are of course impossible to verify (in state) as there is no open industry and competition, and the other half stumbling around trying to sell their inferior products for $4,000lb wholesale. Because of course, they can simply "call it whatever they like and market it to the patients". Yes, every first time novice grower can do a run and put out 38% product :biglaugh: :smoke:.

That of course is the ones who are actually operational 5 years after licensing (Feb 2015), despite the actual law stating that is yet again more violations, as many facilities are still not producing 5 years later. (JGrown no production, IL Grown has 5k out of 95k, IGF 90k only 3k operational all these years, GTI 2nd site still down, Rev 2nd site sold to Ascend recently, and so on.....)

Still not even scratching the surface.

It has truly been the saddest thing to watch unfold, all the while as seriously ill patients have problems accessing even an 1/8th of flower in some cases, while everyone talks about "it will eventually be fine".

Bright side? That was the bright side :biglaugh:

What do you think about IL nowadays? The only work I've done there is applications for the craft grow+dispensary rounds but seems like the product quality issue is still there.