What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Wrong. Among convictions eligible for expungement in SB 7 would be misdemeanor possession of up to 3.5 ounces of cannabis and Class 4 felony possession of up to 17.6 ounces, or more than 1 pound

https://www.sj-r.com/news/20190518/...l-for-pot-convictions-one-of-nations-broadest

Don't believe everything you read. Google can be your friend.

In any case. I post to discuss, not argue. Have fun. I'm out.

Thank you sir. I was mistaken. Looks like less than 30 grams would be automatically expunged, and 30-500 gram possession charges can be expunged via petition?

LouDog420

Nevertheless, since it will be legal, the "I smelled pot" lie to get a warrant or to search without a warrant is no longer valid.

So, if you grow discreetly, at home, then there is not much chance of getting busted AND if the legislators are intelligent, they will tell cops to give this their lowest priority......

Nope, in both hearings in the house and senate, both bill sponsors Cassidy and Steans stated explicitly this bill does nothing to change laws regarding search and seizure. Smell is still probably cause for a search, at which point a cannabis user must demonstrate compliance with the laws.

A plethora of other problems, mainly that there is no flower anywhere in the state for the current 70k medical patients, but somehow those same 21 cultivation operations will be able to supply a 12.8 million population market (FYI Colorado has over 1,500 cultivation operations with less than half of the resident population and a lower tourist population)

With current med wholesale prices at $3-4k/pound and a coming 10-30+% tax on retail sales, the black market will be healthier than ever before in IL...

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
Yes exactly that. if you don't let people grow then the black market will be big you can't totally eradicate it but the best way shrink it to it's minimum is to let people grow and allow high production of legal weed to make the price lower and make illegal sales less profitable. I know some don't like the sound of that but that's how it is.

Oregonism

Here in Oregon we made it an outright crime for those below the age of 21. Before that it was a traffic ticket or pull it out throw it away.
People here just brush this away so they can feel good about picking up $15 grams before the 20% tax.

Most of the independent growers are about out of business, the ones who survived were anti corporate greenies, this is Oregon ,lol, and now most in that category are what they hated most, corporate growers.

Ooh. I also know another grower who was busted pre Legal with like 1k plants but got it forgotten about when they jumped counties and now works for a big corporate grower running the operation.

When people say "legalization" that feels hollow......it is a narrow exemption of the law, not a true legalized bill.....

And...edit. A group of people who were part of legalizing for Oregon have heavy connections to the Phylos bullshit, like Pruf Cultivar.
So it would be far to say that Big Ag has an intermediary on legalization bills thru these type of groups. Watch the f out if you take this kind of things seriously.

Stone the Greek

The major flaw in Illinois law is not allowing people to grow their own. Only medical patients, like myself, can grow 5 plants in our homes. I can tell you now that I will be growing more than 5 plants. It’s great to finally be able to grow legally but 5 plants and only medical patients is ridiculous. I have preservation and other projects I want to work on. At 5 plants at a time, it will take me two lifetimes.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The major flaw in Illinois law is not allowing people to grow their own. Only medical patients, like myself, can grow 5 plants in our homes. I can tell you now that I will be growing more than 5 plants. It’s great to finally be able to grow legally but 5 plants and only medical patients is ridiculous. I have preservation and other projects I want to work on. At 5 plants at a time, it will take me two lifetimes.

Similar measures are being discussed in NM. Although MMJ patients can grow 6 plants, rec is going to be supposedly or possibly state run dispensaries....or that was trying to be pushed through legislature last year.

Discrimination if MMJ patients can grow and general population cannot.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Similar measures are being discussed in NM. Although MMJ patients can grow 6 plants, rec is going to be supposedly or possibly state run dispensaries....or that was trying to be pushed through legislature last year.

Discrimination if MMJ patients can grow and general population cannot.

I don't think I'd be willing to call that discrimination having to trade being healthy for the the ability to grow a plant.

amannamedtruth

Veteran

I'll just keep doing what I been doing. I think it's a minor infraction, like a ticket or something, for 5-10 plants? Still not enough...

bigAl25

Veteran
I'm wanting to discuss the positive aspect of Illinois going recreational in 2020. Illinois has a whole state to the east gassing up their autos, suvs, trucks and RV, just waiting for the " it's legal and on sale now" Does anyone have any insight on the recreational stores locations on the east side of the state? The closer to the Wabash river the better for us. I also assume they will sell certified vape cartridges( safe ones) along with flower and edabiles. We are pumped in my side of the state.

G

I'm wanting to discuss the positive aspect of Illinois going recreational in 2020. Illinois has a whole state to the east gassing up their autos, suvs, trucks and RV, just waiting for the " it's legal and on sale now" Does anyone have any insight on the recreational stores locations on the east side of the state? The closer to the Wabash river the better for us. I also assume they will sell certified vape cartridges( safe ones) along with flower and edabiles. We are pumped in my side of the state.
Id be down with a hour drive west to pick up some samples. Im still going to keep my own garden though.

G

My question for the people who live in states that allow home grow but with limits are what qualifies as a plant. A cutting ? Clones getting ready for veg? A mom? Plants in veg ? Plants in flower? As far as Im am concerned plants in flower are the ones that should count. Has to be a mechanism to allow moms and clones etc. But I still say fuck em. Im doing what I do. Even in my small space with seedlings and clones, veg and flower there has been times I have had 20 plus separate plants even in my small space with only 4 in the tent in veg/flower or 6 in 3 gallon for a pheno hunt with cuts and moms in my two smaller clone mom boxes.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah trying to figure out where to go West of Terre Haute close to I 70. Anyone have a recommendation? Just a few weeks away. Then I can say, bought this cannabis in Illinois. You guys have to accept me using cannabis now! Praise God!

Hoping this will allow my friend to use cannabis freely since he has pancreatic cancer. He has been getting drug tested by the doctors both at the Veterans Administration(V.A. hospital) and regular doctors. It will no doubt lengthen his life if he doesn't have to keep quitting to clear these bullshit drug tests they are giving him. He says it helps him so much! This is a civil right guys! We need to crank up the heat and shut this law down, they have no constitutional authority to ban cannabis!

Alcohol prohibition was enacted by a constitutional amendment, and it was also repealed with the 21st constitutional amendment.

G

Yeah trying to figure out where to go West of Terre Haute close to I 70. Anyone have a recommendation? Just a few weeks away. Then I can say, bought this cannabis in Illinois. You guys have to accept me using cannabis now! Praise God!

Hoping this will allow my friend to use cannabis freely since he has pancreatic cancer. He has been getting drug tested by the doctors both at the Veterans Administration(V.A. hospital) and regular doctors. It will no doubt lengthen his life if he doesn't have to keep quitting to clear these bullshit drug tests they are giving him. He says it helps him so much! This is a civil right guys! We need to crank up the heat and shut this law down, they have no constitutional authority to ban cannabis!

Alcohol prohibition was enacted by a constitutional amendment, and it was also repealed with the 21st constitutional amendment.
What a load of shit if they do that. Fucking assholes. I have a relative who is early treatment of the same thing and his doctor is aware he smokes and the doctor told him if its helping him to keep it up.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
My question for the people who live in states that allow home grow but with limits are what qualifies as a plant. A cutting ? Clones getting ready for veg? A mom? Plants in veg ? Plants in flower? As far as Im am concerned plants in flower are the ones that should count. Has to be a mechanism to allow moms and clones etc. But I still say fuck em. Im doing what I do. Even in my small space with seedlings and clones, veg and flower there has been times I have had 20 plus separate plants even in my small space with only 4 in the tent in veg/flower or 6 in 3 gallon for a pheno hunt with cuts and moms in my two smaller clone mom boxes.
If it has roots, its a plant.

G

If it has roots, its a plant.
Just to be up front I dont have that many cuts, clones, seedlings, plants or even thinking of that many plants if anyone happens to be asking. I may have a small tent of a few ugly piss poor tomatoes.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Id be down with a hour drive west to pick up some samples. Im still going to keep my own garden though.

After having sampled both California and Colorado's rec market, as well as Michigan medical offerings, I'm not even the least bit curious about travelling an hour south to overpay for their garbage.

Latest posts

Latest posts