Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by F2F View Post
    Data from a pretty non-official site said the following states allow home grow for non-medical use.

    Alaska
    California
    Colorado
    District of Colombia
    Maine
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Nevada
    Oregon
    Vermont

    Thanks. So Illinois "no grow" rule becomes even more the "money grab" than even thought, in comparison. With it they are just giving more support to the black market. On the one hand they will be expunging all past mj convictions but on the other their policy is a huge indicator of blatant corruption to me.
    my gggeneration

    DAV -sigpic

    I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

    "Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

    "No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
    "There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
    But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
    -
    Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower


    Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
    -George Carlin

    "The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
    "
    -William Shakespeare


    Long signatures suck.
    -dddaver

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by dddaver View Post
      Thanks. So Illinois "no grow" rule becomes even more the "money grab" than even thought, in comparison. With it they are just giving more support to the black market. On the one hand they will be expunging all past mj convictions but on the other their policy is a huge indicator of blatant corruption to me.
      I read they were only expunging possession charges of 30 grams or less, not “all” mj convictions.

      Comment


        #18
        Well, the way I look at it is that legalization is a good thing.....the control over who what entities can/cannot grow is bullshit sucking up to cops/prohibitionists and big business.

        Nevertheless, since it will be legal, the "I smelled pot" lie to get a warrant or to search without a warrant is no longer valid.

        So, if you grow discreetly, at home, then there is not much chance of getting busted AND if the legislators are intelligent, they will tell cops to give this their lowest priority......

        And then in the next elections, push for further reforms to allow for growing.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by robotwithdreams View Post
          I read they were only expunging possession charges of 30 grams or less, not “all” mj convictions.

          Wrong. Among convictions eligible for expungement in SB 7 would be misdemeanor possession of up to 3.5 ounces of cannabis and Class 4 felony possession of up to 17.6 ounces, or more than 1 pound


          https://www.sj-r.com/news/20190518/i...tions-broadest


          Don't believe everything you read. Google can be your friend.



          In any case. I post to discuss, not argue. Have fun. I'm out.
          my gggeneration

          DAV -sigpic

          I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

          "Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

          "No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
          "There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
          But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
          So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
          -
          Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower


          Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
          -George Carlin

          "The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
          "
          -William Shakespeare


          Long signatures suck.
          -dddaver

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by dddaver View Post
            Thanks. So Illinois "no grow" rule becomes even more the "money grab" than even thought, in comparison. With it they are just giving more support to the black market. On the one hand they will be expunging all past mj convictions but on the other their policy is a huge indicator of blatant corruption to me.
            Well it is like this Dave... government aren't businessmen, and businessmen make for lousy government (US)

            I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
            I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

            “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

            but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”


            "Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
            The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

            May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
            the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
            may their arms be too short to scratch...


            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by I'mback View Post
              That being said... STFU and do your thing
              Lol. Right on man.

              Cheers
              F2F

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by dddaver View Post
                Wrong. Among convictions eligible for expungement in SB 7 would be misdemeanor possession of up to 3.5 ounces of cannabis and Class 4 felony possession of up to 17.6 ounces, or more than 1 pound


                https://www.sj-r.com/news/20190518/i...tions-broadest


                Don't believe everything you read. Google can be your friend.



                In any case. I post to discuss, not argue. Have fun. I'm out.
                Thank you sir. I was mistaken. Looks like less than 30 grams would be automatically expunged, and 30-500 gram possession charges can be expunged via petition?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Del_9_THC View Post

                  Nevertheless, since it will be legal, the "I smelled pot" lie to get a warrant or to search without a warrant is no longer valid.

                  So, if you grow discreetly, at home, then there is not much chance of getting busted AND if the legislators are intelligent, they will tell cops to give this their lowest priority......
                  Nope, in both hearings in the house and senate, both bill sponsors Cassidy and Steans stated explicitly this bill does nothing to change laws regarding search and seizure. Smell is still probably cause for a search, at which point a cannabis user must demonstrate compliance with the laws.

                  A plethora of other problems, mainly that there is no flower anywhere in the state for the current 70k medical patients, but somehow those same 21 cultivation operations will be able to supply a 12.8 million population market (FYI Colorado has over 1,500 cultivation operations with less than half of the resident population and a lower tourist population)

                  With current med wholesale prices at $3-4k/pound and a coming 10-30+% tax on retail sales, the black market will be healthier than ever before in IL...
                  Last edited by LouDog420; 06-27-2019, 02:12.
                  Smells like LouDog inside the van...
                  Casey Jones Grow Along

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Yes exactly that. if you don't let people grow then the black market will be big you can't totally eradicate it but the best way shrink it to it's minimum is to let people grow and allow high production of legal weed to make the price lower and make illegal sales less profitable. I know some don't like the sound of that but that's how it is.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Here in Oregon we made it an outright crime for those below the age of 21. Before that it was a traffic ticket or pull it out throw it away.
                      People here just brush this away so they can feel good about picking up $15 grams before the 20% tax.

                      Most of the independent growers are about out of business, the ones who survived were anti corporate greenies, this is Oregon ,lol, and now most in that category are what they hated most, corporate growers.

                      Ooh. I also know another grower who was busted pre Legal with like 1k plants but got it forgotten about when they jumped counties and now works for a big corporate grower running the operation.

                      When people say "legalization" that feels hollow......it is a narrow exemption of the law, not a true legalized bill.....


                      And...edit. A group of people who were part of legalizing for Oregon have heavy connections to the Phylos bullshit, like Pruf Cultivar.
                      So it would be far to say that Big Ag has an intermediary on legalization bills thru these type of groups. Watch the f out if you take this kind of things seriously.
                      (+)(-)

                      N2→ NH4+ → NO2- → NO3-

                      http://www.scribd.com/doc/100469728/...Microorganisms
                      http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/ani...sexplorer.html

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Oregon just voted to allow state to state exports...

                        That is the only hope of maintaining supply in IL at this point. The home of the $500+ ounces...

                        Article written by one of the 21 cultivators currently in IL and the supply issues we're facing...

                        Illinois is going to run out of cannabis. Likely in the first week or two of 2020...


                        https://www.forbes.com/sites/kriskra...nnabis-to-buy/
                        Smells like LouDog inside the van...
                        Casey Jones Grow Along

                        Comment


                          #27
                          The major flaw in Illinois law is not allowing people to grow their own. Only medical patients, like myself, can grow 5 plants in our homes. I can tell you now that I will be growing more than 5 plants. It’s great to finally be able to grow legally but 5 plants and only medical patients is ridiculous. I have preservation and other projects I want to work on. At 5 plants at a time, it will take me two lifetimes.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Stone the Greek View Post
                            The major flaw in Illinois law is not allowing people to grow their own. Only medical patients, like myself, can grow 5 plants in our homes. I can tell you now that I will be growing more than 5 plants. It’s great to finally be able to grow legally but 5 plants and only medical patients is ridiculous. I have preservation and other projects I want to work on. At 5 plants at a time, it will take me two lifetimes.
                            Similar measures are being discussed in NM. Although MMJ patients can grow 6 plants, rec is going to be supposedly or possibly state run dispensaries....or that was trying to be pushed through legislature last year.

                            Discrimination if MMJ patients can grow and general population cannot.
                            ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

                            “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                            "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

                            afterthought autos
                            We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 autoflowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!


                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by aridbud View Post
                              Similar measures are being discussed in NM. Although MMJ patients can grow 6 plants, rec is going to be supposedly or possibly state run dispensaries....or that was trying to be pushed through legislature last year.

                              Discrimination if MMJ patients can grow and general population cannot.
                              I don't think I'd be willing to call that discrimination having to trade being healthy for the the ability to grow a plant.
                              current catch all grow thread

                              SSSDH x GROM/Digiberry from Stank Bros.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by dddaver View Post
                                I think Vermont is the only state that has "legalized" that allows home growing. I'm not at all sure this current "no grow" trend is a good thing at all.
                                Isn't it all that is allowed? Nothing commercial iirc?
                                Schools, not prisons. Bread, not bombs.

                                'You forge your own chains.'

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X