What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowers Availability and Quality

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When will flowers be readily available with a similar quality to shops in California, etc?

Probably never lol.

It’s so artificially limited that I don’t think they will ever get production caught up to where it’s like California or pretty much any other medical state...

Don’t get me wrong, the quality is almost as good as Cali Top-Shelf sometimes but is usually under-cured.

The main problem is availability. You literally have to watch the websites and go in right when they restock or you might not be able to get any Flowers!

It’s superficially, artificially limited and it’s ridiculous.

In California you can pretty much walk into any Medical Marijuana store and get pretty much any Strain they carry at any time.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are talking about the same Fla? Websites like trulieve don't even show buds. I didn't know they actually had product to sell yet? ( I need to get out more lol )

Yes.

I have my Medical Marijuana Card in Florida.

Trulieve actually has some of the better quality Flowers that I’ve seen.

Rise and occasionally Curaleaf and Liberty Health Sciences have decent Flowers.

The problem is you have to watch the website or go there right when they restock in order to be able to get Flowers or Rosin (anything with high demand). The supply is just too limited still...

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just went to trulieve website per your post. I'm sorry but to me it's a sad website and their "inventory" is even sadder.

Now this is a cannabis business
https://elementalwellnesscenter.com/

trulieve looks more like it's owned by greedy opportunists, sorry.

So I guess I'm left wondering as million of us are, will Fla ever compete with that as an example?

I hope so but right now it doesn't look that way to me

gaker

Trulieve is actually pretty decent. They get shipments MWF's, but if inventory doesnt hit a certain level, it shows out of stock, even if they have it. You really need to go in and ask. CosmicCharlie is correct, quality is very good. If you grow your own, the prices are a little tough to accept. But hey, everyone needs to make money and the companies in Florida paid a pretty penny to play.

dddaver

Veteran
Trulieve is actually pretty decent. They get shipments MWF's, but if inventory doesnt hit a certain level, it shows out of stock, even if they have it. You really need to go in and ask. CosmicCharlie is correct, quality is very good. If you grow your own, the prices are a little tough to accept. But hey, everyone needs to make money and the companies in Florida paid a pretty penny to play.

Wild guess. Do you work there?

Stocked up with some “Popcorn” Flowers.

Smaller buds but cheaper, really there were still decent sized buds and the THC percentages are high for most of them. The one that does test lower still is good quality.

I’m wondering how FL or the specific Stores do testing because the difference between two of the strains is close to 20% THC but they definitely are not that different lol if you know what I mean...

Drewsif

Stocked up with some “Popcorn” Flowers.

Smaller buds but cheaper, really there were still decent sized buds and the THC percentages are high for most of them. The one that does test lower still is good quality.

I’m wondering how FL or the specific Stores do testing because the difference between two of the strains is close to 20% THC but they definitely are not that different lol if you know what I mean...

Thc % means nothing. Tell all your friends to stop spreading corporate government myths. Thc is useless by itself, thats why big pharma has spent 80 years changing the narrative of this plant, so people will buy their useless vomit inducing children's Tylenol version of shit weed in the future.

Thc % means nothing. Tell all your friends to stop spreading corporate government myths. Thc is useless by itself, thats why big pharma has spent 80 years changing the narrative of this plant

When will people think for themselves and stop believing the lies told to them by legal dispensaries to sell their sub par weed?

Recently have been shopping mainly at Rise.

Was getting tired of Trulieve and them never having anything, although Rise isn’t much better...

They have some interesting Strains and the quality is decent for a dispensary.

gaker

Actually, no i don't work for Trulieve. Compared with others in Florida, their selection is pretty good. Just voicing my opinion.

Boutique Cannabis has arrived in FL!

Supposedly...

I forget which Company it is but one of them is supposedly offering “boutique quality Cannabis” that isn’t focused as much on super high THC levels but more on unique Strains and Terpenes. They are also claiming to actually Cure their Cannabis lol.

I also forget how much more it costs. I wanna say $60 per 1/8 ounce?

Most other places are separating the different parts of the plant for different price levels. Top Colas are $50 per 1/8, regular sized nuggets are ~$30-40 per 1/8, and lowers (Popcorn/Minis/etc) are ~$20-35 per 1/8.

I’d say that quality is still improving a little bit at a time...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Boutique Cannabis has arrived in FL!

Supposedly...

I forget which Company it is but one of them is supposedly offering “boutique quality Cannabis” that isn’t focused as much on super high THC levels but more on unique Strains and Terpenes. They are also claiming to actually Cure their Cannabis lol.

I also forget how much more it costs. I wanna say $60 per 1/8 ounce?

Most other places are separating the different parts of the plant for different price levels. Top Colas are $50 per 1/8, regular sized nuggets are ~$30-40 per 1/8, and lowers (Popcorn/Minis/etc) are ~$20-35 per 1/8.

I’d say that quality is still improving a little bit at a time...
Terpinenes ... my sister (school teacher) is telling me about CBD Terps and how important they are, she read it on the internet:). Now you are telling me that they have good Terps. I may have been going thru my experiences thinking that Terps are just 'smell'. Am I wrong? Ya dont get high on terps.. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But thats the dispensaries hype theyre selling to the newly uninformed. And I do believe that THC content is best indicator of how potent the bud (flower if you will) is. I kinda agree with whomever said the buds are under cured is correct, or dried out and the re hydrated. If I leave a bud out over-night and grind it the next day, it becomes very finely ground, like too dried bud. I can leave my buds out for days and they are still moist when ground.

And dont get me started on the 85% THC oil they sell.. they're sell semantics.

EDIT: this all reminds me of the early days of the cannabis forum days when misinformation was the norm. And people passed that misinformation around like gospel.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
until our state allows a patient to grow their own i'll stay away from getting my med card. i have much better genetics than the mmtc's and its grown, dried and cured better and cost very little per pound to grow.

peace

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
until our state allows a patient to grow their own i'll stay away from getting my med card. i have much better genetics than the mmtc's and its grown, dried and cured better and cost very little per pound to grow.
peace

For sure Morcheeba (havent heard it called cheeba in a long time:tiphat:) In Florida, even if it makes it to recreational, dont think they'll permit growing for some time but what do I know? Never thought it would move along as it has in many states.:woohoo:

I agree.

They are definitely taking advantage of older people and people that don’t really know anything about Cannabis.

An extra $10 for a proper cure? GTFO!

Separating the smaller buds from the bigger ones and calling them different? GTFO!

Stupid people pay more for bigger, shiny things. I also wonder how many people realize that it cures in the jar as you take some out everyday?

Regardless, it all should be cured before being sold...

Marketing and Hype are definitely prevalent in FL.

Latest posts

Latest posts