What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowers Availability and Quality

Morcheeba*

Veteran
For sure Morcheeba (havent heard it called cheeba in a long time:tiphat:) In Florida, even if it makes it to recreational, dont think they'll permit growing for some time but what do I know? Never thought it would move along as it has in many states.:woohoo:

i hope patients will be able to grow their own some day b/c it is too expensive for me to buy and its not covered by insurance so my options are getting my meds from the street or cultivate...........after years of buying on the streets i traded one felony for another, and my exposure is much less now.

my screen name is from one of my favorite bands, Morcheeba, and who doesnt need more cheeba in their life.

here is a utube link to a Morcheeba Live concert
[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/spHpTNSaaq4[/YOUTUBEIF]

*Correction:

The super dank “Boutique Quality” Cannabis is actually $68 per 1/8 oz.!

That’s insane!

The Strain was MAC 1. I saw someone’s video and it looked killer but that’s still way too much money to pay for a weed. It’s slightly cheaper with discounts but still...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Typical for politicians to squeeze the public for every cent (or dollar) they can. Look at our (US) pharmaceutical system. Highest drug prices one can find for the same drugs that cost much less in other countries... from the same company. Some will say that it's the dispensary's rip off but remember all MMJ is 'controlled' by 'Florida Health'. Political not helpful.

True,

But this is one specific company offering “Botique Quality” for things that should be standard like actually Curing the Cannabis before it is sold...

They are just taking advantage of people who don’t know any better which is wrong and greedy.

Of course the Politicians don’t help at all, they are the most greedy of all!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Here you go with availability of buds (flower) from Trulieve:

White Buffalo

Product Origin

Flower

Cutting Ingredient

None
THC Content

Varies
CBD Content

Varies
Dose Unit

3-Second Draw
Amount Per Dose

3.9mg THC - 6.9mg THC
Doses

Varies

anyone know how to determine what "Amount Per Dose: 3.9mg - 6.9mg THC" means?
obviously 6.9 is greater than 3.9 but to what THC%?

EDIT: This white buffalo is $53 - 1/8th. Other bud descriptions state the same amount of 3.9 to 6.9mg for all the bud they have but some are but for less money down to $33 - 1/8.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Snook,

Thanks for the info

wow...pretty shitty to label all bud w/the 3.9-6.9 mg THC and then charge diff. amounts to indicate which is better or in demand more.

to be supplying Medicine they should have exact dosing amounts listed.

more reasons ill never let the state supply my meds.

peace

mack 10

Veteran
Looks like this system was set up by people with no clue.
Charging more for top buds ,strange potency tests ,etc.
Seems they are playing on people not knowing much about their Cannabis products.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Snook,

Thanks for the info

wow...pretty shitty to label all bud w/the 3.9-6.9 mg THC and then charge diff. amounts to indicate which is better or in demand more.
to be supplying Medicine they should have exact dosing amounts listed.
more reasons ill never let the state supply my meds.
peace

I maintain the card for kinda 'insurance'. While I do not smoke in the car, I do at times carry some buds. I now put them in the dispensary packaging for transporting. If stopped I have a 'legal' reason to have it on board... should present no questions from leo.

Looks like this system was set up by people with no clue.
Charging more for top buds ,strange potency tests ,etc.
Seems they are playing on people not knowing much about their Cannabis products.

This is exactly it...

Slowly the word is getting around about how much most of these companies are ripping patients off.

The “Boutique” Company even had P-Bud and ChemDawg(?) come in for an “Autograph Signing” and to steal people’s $$ at $68 per 1/8 oz. for ChemDawg D.!

That’s a whole lot of HYPE!

On another note, a cheaper place recently opened up near me.

Their quality is pretty good. I got a few top colas and their 1/8’s are ~$40. It could be cured better, but I can do that myself. I think it was like $170 for 3/4s with 1st time patient discount and some other special? Not too bad...

They have some different Strains too. GDP, Pineapple Express, Master Kush, etc.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
I maintain the card for kinda 'insurance'. While I do not smoke in the car, I do at times carry some buds. I now put them in the dispensary packaging for transporting. If stopped I have a 'legal' reason to have it on board... should present no questions from leo.

thats a great point and im on the fence about getting my card just for that but i doubt i will b/c id feel like im endorsing a bad system and i cant do that.

the state makes the public think that they allow patients access to medical Cannabis for their condition but deny them access while in the hospital and patients who cant afford mmtc prices are left to suffer b/c they dont allow a patient to grow their own meds.

doesnt sound much like a true medical cannabis program to me...ill remain a criminal and argue those points and a few more in court if it comes to that.

i dont blame anyone for engaging in the system for all the advantages offered to patients......i just choose not to.

peace

KONY

Veteran
True,

But this is one specific company offering “Botique Quality” for things that should be standard like actually Curing the Cannabis before it is sold...

They are just taking advantage of people who don’t know any better which is wrong and greedy.

Of course the Politicians don’t help at all, they are the most greedy of all!

To be fair. Great cannabis doesn't need cured to smoke great. If it's not overfed, and slowly dried over 2-3 weeks, it smokes amazing right then.

True.

Properly grown, well flushed Cannabis should need minimal Drying and Curing time.

This isn’t the case with Dispensaries though lol...

I was also more pointing out the fact that this company is actually charging more money for “Curing” the weed. Something that should be done anyways and also something that no other company charges for or even mentions.

This company’s advertising is literally that they hand-trim, cure, and focus more on Terpenes and that’s why they charge $68 for 1/8 ounce - which is ridiculously insanely high priced!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I recently purchased buds (flower) at Trueleave. 4 strains: GSC, Skywaker Stardawg and Sherbert; 1/8th each. Cost, $53 ea, that's $400+ an OZ. I will have to renew with the state of Florida to the tune of (??? not sure but around) $250. Cheaper on the street. I've not found any dispensary strain crazy but the Sherbert. It makes me feel very 'unstable'. I couldnt drive to the VA for an appointment because I thought I might pass out during the drive on 95. I tried it a second time later that day (yesterday) and samey same.. unstable. 50 years of cannabis and have never felt this disoriented before. Any thoughts from you faithful stoners? Maybe over bloomed?

That’s weird, maybe it’s just a Terpene or something that you are not used to?

Kinda sounds like Low Blood Pressure which I know that some Strains can cause...

I’ve never had any bad reactions from smoking any FL Dispensary Flower. In fact I really like TL’s Sherbet although it’s one of their more expensive Strains...

Maybe it’s cheaper on the Street but could you get all of those different Strains at once?

I’d also recommend trying places other than Trulieve.

Columbia Care, Rise, and Liberty Health Sciences have good Flower too, possibly even better than Trulieve. C.C. and L.H.S. are less expensive than Trulieve and Rise. However, most all of the Dispensaries sell lowers for cheaper ~$20-30 per 1/8 ounce.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
That’s weird, maybe it’s just a Terpene or something that you are not used to?

Kinda sounds like Low Blood Pressure which I know that some Strains can cause...

I’ve never had any bad reactions from smoking any FL Dispensary Flower. In fact I really like TL’s Sherbet although it’s one of their more expensive Strains...
Maybe it’s cheaper on the Street but could you get all of those different Strains at once?
I’d also recommend trying places other than Trulieve.
Columbia Care, Rise, and Liberty Health Sciences have good Flower too, possibly even better than Trulieve. C.C. and L.H.S. are less expensive than Trulieve and Rise. However, most all of the Dispensaries sell lowers for cheaper ~$20-30 per 1/8 ounce.
I use the lower buds for butter :tiphat:. As far as quality at each of those dispensaries goes, Trulieve got me the best buds yet. I've been to the others. Curaleaf gets good (25% or better) buds but not very often, I've been to them a couple times when they had no bud at all. Surterra doesnt have bud in Fort Pierce FL yet and Liberty IS cheaper (sometimes) but it's like animal house there from Friday to Sunday, lines out the door. and ridiculous wait times. Monday they're out of any of the good bud. SO. It seems to be getting better as dispensaries start getting 'regular' on their offerings but one can not count on the good bud being there tomorrow or the next time one goes there. I'm totally off oil it's too much for my lungs to handle.

EDIT: and yes, low blood pressure. That wasnt the cse as I immediately took a BP reading, it was normal for me, 142/78. it was the first thing I though of.

Surterra advertises 7g for $50. Either indica or sativa or hybrid

I’ve never tried their Flowers yet.

When I first got my Card I tried their Vapes and they were ok but expensive.

The Flower seems good and cheap?

Please leave a review if you try their Flowers, I’ve been interested but they just recently released it as a product...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I’ve never tried their Flowers yet.

When I first got my Card I tried their Vapes and they were ok but expensive.

The Flower seems good and cheap?

Please leave a review if you try their Flowers, I’ve been interested but they just recently released it as a product...
Last time I checked Surterra doesnt sell buds in the dispensary in Fort Pierce Florida and the oils make my chest feel heavy breathing.. no more oils but do vape buds..
tiphat.gif

Yes, there are $23/8th strains (x2=$46) (other dispensaries) but thc% is lower than better strains @ $53/8th, $424/oz..

dddaver

Veteran
According to the Surterra website they sell buds at all dispensaries now except one in Tampa I believe. My plan is to buy 7g of ground Sativa for daytime and 7g of ground Indica (granddaddy purple) to hopefully help me sleep. Vivid bad dreams.

The doctor I saw yesterday was pretty knowledgeable about mj so I just let him talk. But he said nothing I didn't already know. He is in favor of home growing. And I added that especially since the cannabis plant is a bio-accumulator organic growing is even more important.

He talked at length about the Stanley brothers in CO and Charlotte's Web after I prompted him. One thing he said is that the 1:1 THC to CBD ratio plants are common now. As of a few years ago I don't think that was true. But breeding IS taking such leaps and bounds so didn't argue. I just wish there were more doctors like him.

Ellie53

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Smaller buds but they were cheapr, really there were still decent sized buds and they have a good quality thats much better then complete flowers
[/FONT]