What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2020 legalization

dddaver

Veteran
Last evening the local NBC news reported there are five legalization efforts active. 2 growers together put up a million bucks toward having it put on the ballot and I believe there are enough signatures too. Then John Morgan while being interviewed said, "Never underestimate the importance to the pharmaceutical industry of this NOT happening.''

We all know big pharma runs the politicians in this state. Hell, we had a Governor who was just one of their sock puppets. Politics is hugely corrupt.

The reporter also said it would need at least 60% approval for it to get passed. So, IMO even if it did get on the ballot that 60% will be very hard to see, even if it really happened. Even though recent polls show 68% of Floridians want legalization, big pharma will throw BILLIONS at it and I'd be totally amazed if it happened this year. Hope I'm wrong about this. :tiphat:

Yeah, I don’t think Florida will pass recreational yet.

They are going to continue to milk the medical patients for a while until the people get tired of it...

Have you heard anything about the medical grow provision?

That’s all I’m waiting on lol.

iBogart

Veteran
Yeah, I don’t think Florida will pass recreational yet.

They are going to continue to milk the medical patients for a while until the people get tired of it...

Have you heard anything about the medical grow provision?

That’s all I’m waiting on lol.

That's all you're waiting on? You deserve much more my friend. Being put on a government list for medical marijuana then have to pay a doctor for a subscription, then have to get reevaluated every year? No thanks.

dddaver

Veteran
then have to get reevaluated every year? No thanks.

That's every 7 months. By a one of THEIR doctors. Then the card expires every year. I agree. No thanks.

Just so I get to "legally" pay them to poison me and just generally screw with me? Nah. :tiphat: