What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2020 Florida Legalization Thread

iBogart

Veteran
Creating this thread for fellow Floridians to come together and get legalization on the ballot for 2020. There are several ballot initiatives collecting signatures. Here is a link to the Florida Department of Elections for all active petitions :

https://dos.elections.myflorida.com/initiatives/

Quick list of the Cannabis related petitions currently gathering signatures:

Sensible Florida https://www.regulateflorida.com/ aka regulate florida

Floridians For Freedom https://www.floridafreedomgroup.com/

Peaceful minds for medical marijuana https://www.facebook.com/peacefulmindsflorida/ allows home growing for med patients.

Expand medical marijuana to include mental health https://www.facebook.com/peacefulmindsflorida/ Same folks have two active petitions

I would suggest sign them all and hopefully one will make it to the ballot.

dddaver

Veteran
I really don't think Florida is anywhere near ready. The politicians would totally screw it up and we'd end up with something even worse and more restrictive than that Ill. "legalization" garbage. Until they can straighten out this crap of a medical joke and not being forced to go to their "approved" doctors for recommendations and paying them $200 every 7 months, and until they alllow more established growers, and they let medical patients to grow their own clean meds., Florida is nowhere near ready.

I'm sorry, but signing all these petitions, and beating your head against a brick wall, and beating the hell out of that dead horse, is an exercise in futility. And even if something is passed now, it'd be way worse and more difficult to change than waiting for a better time. Don't misunderstand me, I do think Florida can legalize and someday will. I just think now is not the time and we all need to exercise some patience. And get all our ducks in a row and NEVER accept anything other than true legalization.

But, of course, that's just my opinion.

iBogart

Veteran
I really don't think Florida is anywhere near ready. The politicians would totally screw it up and we'd end up with something even worse and more restrictive than that Ill. "legalization" garbage. Until they can straighten out this crap of a medical joke and not being forced to go to their "approved" doctors for recommendations and paying them $200 every 7 months, and until they alllow more established growers, and they let medical patients to grow their own clean meds., Florida is nowhere near ready.

I'm sorry, but signing all these petitions, and beating your head against a brick wall, and beating the hell out of that dead horse, is an exercise in futility. And even if something is passed now, it'd be way worse and more difficult to change than waiting for a better time. Don't misunderstand me, I do think Florida can legalize and someday will. I just think now is not the time and we all need to exercise some patience. And get all our ducks in a row and NEVER accept anything other than true legalization.

But, of course, that's just my opinion.

The whole problem with the medical petition was that it didn't detail how to implement it and allowed the republican heavy legislature to decide how to roll it out. So no wonder it sucks. I called this out years ago back when they called themselves PUFMM (people united for medical marijuana). I tried to get them to add in home grow, expand their list of qualifying conditions, and clearly state possession amounts.

Both Regulate Florida and Floridians For Freedom offer home growing. The key thing about voter initiatives is to clearly state the intent of the initiative. California's legalization bill was over sixty pages. Our medical marijuana initiative here in Florida was three paragraphs. The more detailed a initiative is, the less the Florida legislature can fuck with it.

Read the petitions and see for yourself all the details.

It takes very little effort on your part to simply sign a petition and mail it in.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
The biggest problem I see are Greedy out of state fucks coming to Florida and creating a monopoly on the legalization of medical cannabis, for example those asshole brothers and the stolen Charlotte's web cut. There needs to be a minimum of 10 to 15 year residency in the state of Florida in order to manufacture/produce and distribute medical cannabis.

iBogart

Veteran
The biggest problem I see are Greedy out of state fucks coming to Florida and creating a monopoly on the legalization of medical cannabis, for example those asshole brothers and the stolen Charlotte's web cut. There needs to be a minimum of 10 to 15 year residency in the state of Florida in order to manufacture/produce and distribute medical cannabis.

You actually have to have a nursery for 30 years of continuous operation and the ability to produce 400,000 plants to grow medical cannabis in Florida.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
You actually have to have a nursery for 30 years of continuous operation and the ability to produce 400,000 plants to grow medical cannabis in Florida.

Do more reseach and you will find that it goes back to the Stanley? Brothers and the Charlotte web cut. They have control over the cannabis and the nursery is working underneath them.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

The people with nurserys like that wrote the laws in Florida. They all knew the rules before you guys even knew you were getting medical.

iBogart

Veteran
The people with nurserys like that wrote the laws in Florida. They all knew the rules before you guys even knew you were getting medical.

i knew how it was going down when John Morgan gave the Florida Department of Health the keys to the medical marijuana program. He detailed very little in the amendment which is a red flag. He allowed them the authority to draft the rules and regulations rather than stating it in the amendment. We were fucked from the get go. At least now there is a medical home grow amendment and two legalization amendments gathering signatures. Sign all of them.

dddaver

Veteran

I will be downloading and signing forms. But this, and what the bogeyman said about Morgan, just reinforces my point. It's a rigged game. And I think it will be for a long time

I would not put much hope in any of these and not get upset at whatever those bureaucratic idiots do or don't do for me (or is that TO me? :biggrin:) and I think the real patriotic thing here is in non-compliance in WHATEVER the gubment says and just stay on the down low and grow your own clean meds and be happy.

That said, thanks iBogart for those links.

dddaver

Veteran
At least they are allowed to sell flowers now. They opened one dispensary in Panama City and it does not sell any flowers. They say they will eventually. And when compared to the $70 for an eighth of crippy I paid 10 years ago that $35 is better. But my issue is with paying the doctor $200 or more every 7 months for a recommendation, then on top of that paying for your card that's good for a year. Expensive doctor recommendations and confusing/conflicting expiration dates are just stupid. The dispensary prices are high but I enjoy growing and also knowing what I'm ingesting.

Oops wrong thread. Meant to post in the prices one.

iBogart

Veteran
Looks like two petitions for legalization are setting up a battle here in Florida. Very similar with one huge difference. Sensible Florida allows home grow of six plants, the other one, Make It Legal Florida, doesn't. Make It Legal Florida is backed by big money interests like Medmen and Surterra as well as a palm beach billionaire that already donated over 500K.

We all need to get behind the Sensible Florida campaign. We deserve the right to legally grow our own. https://www.regulateflorida.com/

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/busin...ving-pot-proponents-aim-for-full-legalization

dddaver

Veteran
I got 2 petitions cards from Make it Legal Florida in the mail today. Each petition card also has the entire proposed amendment printed on it. One petition card has all my personal data, such as name, address, and voter number already printed on it and all I had to do was sign it and date it. Another blank card was attached. My girlfriend took the other blank and intends to find her voter number and send it in. Already signed and dated mine and it will be in the morning mail. There is no postage if mailed in the US. SO easy. Hope it works.

dddaver

Veteran
^So you’re against Growing Your Own at Home?

Because Make it Legal Florida is...

Whoa. "Process, use, purchase, display, and transport...up 2.5 ounces". Didn't realize it meant I was AGAINST anything.

Thanks. I'm bowing out of all this negativity here and now. I should be smarter I guess, but I'm not. This is one of those "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is". It is very likely part of that billions big pharma is going to throw to muddy the waters and maintain control.