2020 Florida Legalization Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Florida Legalization Thread

Creating this thread for fellow Floridians to come together and get legalization on the ballot for 2020. There are several ballot initiatives collecting signatures. Here is a link to the Florida Department of Elections for all active petitions :

https://dos.elections.myflorida.com/initiatives/

Quick list of the Cannabis related petitions currently gathering signatures:

Sensible Florida https://www.regulateflorida.com/ aka regulate florida

Floridians For Freedom https://www.floridafreedomgroup.com/

Peaceful minds for medical marijuana https://www.facebook.com/peacefulmindsflorida/ allows home growing for med patients.

Expand medical marijuana to include mental health https://www.facebook.com/peacefulmindsflorida/ Same folks have two active petitions

I would suggest sign them all and hopefully one will make it to the ballot.

I really don't think Florida is anywhere near ready. The politicians would totally screw it up and we'd end up with something even worse and more restrictive than that Ill. "legalization" garbage. Until they can straighten out this crap of a medical joke and not being forced to go to their "approved" doctors for recommendations and paying them $200 every 7 months, and until they alllow more established growers, and they let medical patients to grow their own clean meds., Florida is nowhere near ready.

I'm sorry, but signing all these petitions, and beating your head against a brick wall, and beating the hell out of that dead horse, is an exercise in futility. And even if something is passed now, it'd be way worse and more difficult to change than waiting for a better time. Don't misunderstand me, I do think Florida can legalize and someday will. I just think now is not the time and we all need to exercise some patience. And get all our ducks in a row and NEVER accept anything other than true legalization.

But, of course, that's just my opinion.
    my gggeneration

DAV -sigpic

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
    "There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
    But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
    -
    Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
    -George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
    "
    -William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
    -dddaver

Comment

Originally posted by dddaver View Post
      I really don't think Florida is anywhere near ready. The politicians would totally screw it up and we'd end up with something even worse and more restrictive than that Ill. "legalization" garbage. Until they can straighten out this crap of a medical joke and not being forced to go to their "approved" doctors for recommendations and paying them $200 every 7 months, and until they alllow more established growers, and they let medical patients to grow their own clean meds., Florida is nowhere near ready.

I'm sorry, but signing all these petitions, and beating your head against a brick wall, and beating the hell out of that dead horse, is an exercise in futility. And even if something is passed now, it'd be way worse and more difficult to change than waiting for a better time. Don't misunderstand me, I do think Florida can legalize and someday will. I just think now is not the time and we all need to exercise some patience. And get all our ducks in a row and NEVER accept anything other than true legalization.

But, of course, that's just my opinion.
      The whole problem with the medical petition was that it didn't detail how to implement it and allowed the republican heavy legislature to decide how to roll it out. So no wonder it sucks. I called this out years ago back when they called themselves PUFMM (people united for medical marijuana). I tried to get them to add in home grow, expand their list of qualifying conditions, and clearly state possession amounts.

Both Regulate Florida and Floridians For Freedom offer home growing. The key thing about voter initiatives is to clearly state the intent of the initiative. California's legalization bill was over sixty pages. Our medical marijuana initiative here in Florida was three paragraphs. The more detailed a initiative is, the less the Florida legislature can fuck with it.

Read the petitions and see for yourself all the details.

It takes very little effort on your part to simply sign a petition and mail it in.

Comment

Recent poll has 65% of Florida voters in favor of legalization.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/po...a3a-story.html

Comment

The biggest problem I see are Greedy out of state fucks coming to Florida and creating a monopoly on the legalization of medical cannabis, for example those asshole brothers and the stolen Charlotte's web cut. There needs to be a minimum of 10 to 15 year residency in the state of Florida in order to manufacture/produce and distribute medical cannabis.
          "American growers are looking for the same thing: strong, overpowering, two-toke indica with huge yields. My number one seller is Northern Lights.”— (RIP) Nevil Schoenmakers

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlush View Post
            The biggest problem I see are Greedy out of state fucks coming to Florida and creating a monopoly on the legalization of medical cannabis, for example those asshole brothers and the stolen Charlotte's web cut. There needs to be a minimum of 10 to 15 year residency in the state of Florida in order to manufacture/produce and distribute medical cannabis.
            You actually have to have a nursery for 30 years of continuous operation and the ability to produce 400,000 plants to grow medical cannabis in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by iBogart View Post
              You actually have to have a nursery for 30 years of continuous operation and the ability to produce 400,000 plants to grow medical cannabis in Florida.
              Do more reseach and you will find that it goes back to the Stanley? Brothers and the Charlotte web cut. They have control over the cannabis and the nursery is working underneath them.
              "American growers are looking for the same thing: strong, overpowering, two-toke indica with huge yields. My number one seller is Northern Lights.”— (RIP) Nevil Schoenmakers

Comment

Originally posted by iBogart View Post

The people with nurserys like that wrote the laws in Florida. They all knew the rules before you guys even knew you were getting medical.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
                  The people with nurserys like that wrote the laws in Florida. They all knew the rules before you guys even knew you were getting medical.
                  Eggfugginzactly!
                  “We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlush View Post
                    Do more reseach and you will find that it goes back to the Stanley? Brothers and the Charlotte web cut. They have control over the cannabis and the nursery is working underneath them.
                    You got a link?

Comment

i knew how it was going down when John Morgan gave the Florida Department of Health the keys to the medical marijuana program. He detailed very little in the amendment which is a red flag. He allowed them the authority to draft the rules and regulations rather than stating it in the amendment. We were fucked from the get go. At least now there is a medical home grow amendment and two legalization amendments gathering signatures. Sign all of them.

Comment

I've worked at one of the nurseries that is producing Charlotte's web.

Comment

I will be downloading and signing forms. But this, and what the bogeyman said about Morgan, just reinforces my point. It's a rigged game. And I think it will be for a long time

I would not put much hope in any of these and not get upset at whatever those bureaucratic idiots do or don't do for me (or is that TO me? ) and I think the real patriotic thing here is in non-compliance in WHATEVER the gubment says and just stay on the down low and grow your own clean meds and be happy.

That said, thanks iBogart for those links.
                          my gggeneration

DAV -sigpic

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

-

-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
                          "
                          -William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
                          -dddaver

Comment

That Medical Home Grow provision/amendment would be great!

Hopefully it will pass first try.

I’m so ready to get growing again!!!

Comment

At least they are allowed to sell flowers now. They opened one dispensary in Panama City and it does not sell any flowers. They say they will eventually. And when compared to the $70 for an eighth of crippy I paid 10 years ago that $35 is better. But my issue is with paying the doctor $200 or more every 7 months for a recommendation, then on top of that paying for your card that's good for a year. Expensive doctor recommendations and confusing/conflicting expiration dates are just stupid. The dispensary prices are high but I enjoy growing and also knowing what I'm ingesting.

Oops wrong thread. Meant to post in the prices one.
                              my gggeneration

DAV -sigpic

-

-George Carlin

"
                              -William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
                              -dddaver

Comment

Working...
                              X