What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish this cut would make a hard comeback
You and me both, brother.

One of my all time favorites. I had a buddy who grew it but never got a cut from him. Then one day he decided he was done with pot, and killed his entire garden.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Il find it in the most stupid of places and when I do il make sure to come back to this thread,,, ��

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey There...

Hey There...

Does this look like what you guys know to be the authentic Arcata Trainwreck clone ?? I got it from a now deceased member a few years ago ...made a cross but have not flowered out those seeds yet

picture.php

picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know of only ONE Trainwreck, Arcata TW. Arcata is a town on the coast in Humboldt county, California. Grat3fulh3ad and Billygoat are separately releasing a Trainwreck backcross using The Arcata cut and billygoats oriental express (Trainwreck x Thai).

Here is a top of the original:yummy:

View Image

This is how I remember it from icmag,, back in the day

Adam from thseeds gave me a nug once,, i found it to be a lil hazy

DJXX

Veteran
I sill have a Arcata E32 cut mom...had her since 08...Cannaventure uses the E32 cut also for his Wreck crosses...His Cookiewreck cut is spot on TW but with a bunch more frost...I'll tell Rusty from CV to put out some S1s of her...DJXX

G

TrainWreck

TrainWreck

I have a solitary girl I popped from a pack of Richard Williams Seed Company's Trainwreck. I've read the lineage listed with Hemp Depot, and it really doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure if this has Deep Chunk in it or something else. Figured the best course of action was to test the waters and see for myself.
She has shown sex and I am awaiting clones and a bit more growth before throwing her into flower.
These pics were taken with LED lighting, just outside the tent, so the coloring isn't up to par. Also I'm brand new to LED, and the learning curve with regard to light placement/intensity and nutritional needs is vexing...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sill have a Arcata E32 cut mom...had her since 08...Cannaventure uses the E32 cut also for his Wreck crosses...His Cookiewreck cut is spot on TW but with a bunch more frost...I'll tell Rusty from CV to put out some S1s of her...DJXX

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81287&pictureid=1977446&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81287&pictureid=1977445&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81287&pictureid=1977444&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I have a solitary girl I popped from a pack of Richard Williams Seed Company's Trainwreck. I've read the lineage listed with Hemp Depot, and it really doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure if this has Deep Chunk in it or something else. Figured the best course of action was to test the waters and see for myself.
She has shown sex and I am awaiting clones and a bit more growth before throwing her into flower.
These pics were taken with LED lighting, just outside the tent, so the coloring isn't up to par. Also I'm brand new to LED, and the learning curve with regard to light placement/intensity and nutritional needs is vexing...

IMO, those leaves are way too fat for Trainwreck. She had very thin leaves from what I remember. Might be whatever he crossed his mom to peeking through to say hi.

That pic above is exactly what I remember my buddies looking like. Makes me sick just thinking about him just chopping it all down one day for no reason.

Just reminiscing about that taste and high.

Whoever came up with the description of the taste absolutely nailed it - mentholated dead whale soaked in lemon gasoline.

And the feeling like you got smacked in the face with a board, and were happy about it. 1/2 a gram and I'd stay in the workshop putzing around for hours just cleaning or doing something with my hands.

Couldn't overindulge though because, NAPTIME!!

Hell, I'd give up a body part to get a legit cut of the Wreck.

Drewsif

Just reminiscing about that taste and high.

Whoever came up with the description of the taste absolutely nailed it - mentholated dead whale soaked in lemon gasoline.

Hell, I'd give up a body part to get a legit cut of the Wreck.

Dead whale, wonder what terpene that is? Dead fish is trimethylamine, but that's not a terp, so..

No need to mutilate yourself, wait for Phylos to release the RCCwreck. I'll be picking up some if its got funk like you describe. They're running huge sifts of submitted stock off unlimited permits in Az and NV and calling it "revolutionary breeding". Whatever, at least we'll get back the good rancid strains that mysteriously fall out of fashion.

White Beard

Love hearing this, Rusty tossed me some CookieWreck regulars as a freebie...Trainwreck is, or was, Grey Wolf’s preferred strain, and has never TMK made it to this corner of the world (or GSC, for that matter)

GDSBurns

Do the crosses of her keep that no ceiling effect that the original has? I regret not giving her out now. Shits kicking me in the ass. Most new age folks arent really into her anyway most want the new hype cuts.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had this issue for years ,, people don't like what I do,, then it just gets lost

DJXX

Veteran
testing and making more fem arcta seeds as we speak...
not lost at all...
Hey Jaws.i still have some of your TW seeds from years back..they were a lil beefier than the cut i think...Rusty from Cannaventure is dropping TW Arcata S1s anytime too...his Pure 91 Chem is killer...hard as rocks golfballs..DJXX

prune

Veteran
I understand it's sacrilege to say this, but I've had the Greenhouse Self since it was released and the local aficionados say it's the best Trainwreck they've had. All cedar and lemon, but just too racy for modern tastes.

JAWS

the ARCATA trainwreck is not dead ppl.

her in fem form

not a big girl this round, checking to see if this round of fems are solid and they are just like the last time i made them..day 35 flower i think in that pic.

looks and smell exactly like her classic mother.

peace ..

Latest posts

Latest posts