SoCal advice - decomposed granite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ur Humbl Nr8tor View Post
    Yes, I know that is ideal. Given the Covid issues...I’m not sure I will get a soil analysis this season but ultimately I would like to see that done.

Thanks
    Send some to me I'll have UVM I. Vermont analyze it.
    I eat legos

Comment

Originally posted by Ur Humbl Nr8tor View Post
      I took 3 soil samples and used a basic home soil test to get an idea of what I’m dealing with. pH ranges 7.0-7.6 (Avg. 7.3). Nitrogen effectively depleted. Phosphorous adequate to high adequate and K low adequate to adequate. I plan to add some EWC and some additional amendments (high N, Ca, elemental sulfur + Sul/Po/Mg, azomite). I will hit the roots with mycorrhiza when I plant in. Appreciate any thoughts on that plan or if anyone has an alternate or additional suggestions.
      My uncle uses rock dusts in his permaculture orchards. Uses whey I think he said to spray for disease etc. It's nice to see such diligence by u
      I eat legos

Comment

Thanks Sunshine. This grove is pretty well established it seems. Very few issues with the amended soil so far.

Full sun shots

U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...

Comment

IMO, the way dope was supposed to be grown. You don't have issues with insects?

I like the irrigation sprinklers.
          ______________________________ __________________________
          Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Things just chug long when those microbes are happy........scrappy

Comment

Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
            IMO, the way dope was supposed to be grown. You don't have issues with insects?

I like the irrigation sprinklers.
            Thanks, flylowtogethigh. I’ve got a cricket or grasshopper that’s been nibbling on the F-13. Otherwise no. I use an OMRI listed horticultural oil in a sprayer every couple weeks for PM. Added some silica this time because it’s going to get hot out there over the next two months.

Sprinklers have been established for years to citrus and avocados. Just taking advantage. They don’t seem to mind higher pH and ppm in local water. Hope that maintains through flowering.
            U.H.N

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...

Comment

I'm thinking if you get an auger and dig as deep as possible you may break through into a soil layer that has better drainage. Throw down some deep ferts and backfill the hole with a better soil. DC mixes well with decomposed organic matter but anything rich and loamy would be fine obviously. I always like to raise a bed too, if it's not too much trouble. just make a ring of rocks and fill her up with more soil. That sort of extra effort pretty much guarantees results.

Comment

Yr plants are looking pretty good though

Comment

Working...
                X