What's new

California! Tax greed driving black market

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One good reason to maintain our medical recs is the amounts we are allowed to posses

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Just saying, nice that a tourist in SoCal is just a phone call away.

But like I said, what quality / chems? The deals that text in are reasonable IMO.

delerious

Shit, that's only about 12%. Average price per oz in Ohio.... $538.00 Mostly tax. A grower here must pay $200,000.00 PER YEAR in tax (license fee) to grow.

Black market is flourishing here and the dispensaries are empty.

Greed is the worst sin. Lust is my favorite. :)

It's $400 in PA, if you can find it (at dispensary). The last 3 or 4 months, there's only been 5 or 6 days each month when flower shows up. I'm an hour away and it's sold out before I get there most of the time. No recreational here yet.

Can anyone provide some insight on whether or not it makes sense to get a cultivation license in CA?? If anyone with a license could tell me, are they happy they did, do they regre it, do they suggest current growers to do it?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That % fed tax is just the start. Look at what CA thinks inflation is running:

" For example, the tax on an ounce of dry buds will climb to $9.65 from $9.25, an increase of just over 4 percent."

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Time them fuckers stood up to guberment and closed shop. Not about to happen I know but continual bitching about the situation doesn't get anything done. Besides who really gives a hoot about CA? (in general)

It was a fun place to grow up, but got crowded and expensive, so I left. In 1979.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
To where? I have been thinking of leaving or at least getting out into the rural areas.

That is the question! Back then I went to SoFla near Palm Beach. Only lasted 10 years before the yankees, yeawahs and crack-crooks (plus the marine patrol's war on drugs) had me moving inland.

No idea where next, but a dope legal redneck haven near/on water would be a good start, at least for me. :D

redlaser

Veteran
Can anyone provide some insight on whether or not it makes sense to get a cultivation license in CA?? If anyone with a license could tell me, are they happy they did, do they regre it, do they suggest current growers to do it?

If you are talking about being legally able to grow and sell to who ever, it would depend on your situation, as in $$ for location, permits, licensing.
If you are talking about paying extra on top of your medical rec for more plants, that doesn’t stand up in court by itself.
As it’s been explained to me, you have to be able to justify the extra
( beyond the six anyone can grow) plants medically, as to why you would need more than six

If you are talking about being legally able to grow and sell to who ever, it would depend on your situation, as in $$ for location, permits, licensing.
If you are talking about paying extra on top of your medical rec for more plants, that doesn’t stand up in court by itself.
As it’s been explained to me, you have to be able to justify the extra
( beyond the six anyone can grow) plants medically, as to why you would need more than six

I mean...in a hypothetical scenario, one has a few locations with lets say a few greenhouses that run year round. The program runs without issue...does one continue the "normal" program and go with that? Or should one go through all the hoops and bullshit to turn them into licensed grows... With the laws being the way they are, anything over 6 plants is a misdemeanor for cultivation, most poeple get tickets and released if they hit their spots and happen to still be around...SO, realistically, is it worth it??? Maybe just for peace of mind??? Diversifying is security and peace of mind, so one should have more ventures going on anyway IMO....If growing more than 6 plants is a crime....a misdemeanor....not all that scary...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Everything in this country is driven by greed. Certainly the cannabis market would not be an exception.

EVERYTHING in this country is based upon greed. We, politely call it Capitalism.

Name ONE thing that has made it to the top of the ladder in the USA without money.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Peace.

Soil King and/or Crop King understand someone may be 'jelly' referencing jealous instead of toast or jam. A flyer delivered in the mail here about lending, I called to ask a local realtor whether there are two separate properties in different locations for a better value than one here instead of financing or credit. FedEx may print an email or USB poster laminated with glue of items to show at the empty shop near the Post Office. Throwing a cardboard sign in the air wearing headphones is one thing instead of income salary healthcare and so forth with commute times and traffic.

In regards to all your posts in this thread, respectfully, wtf are you talking about??? :bashhead: