What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you need a recreational card in California ?

I was looking at some recreational dispensaries on the internet in Needles California & it kept saying you need a recreational card .

whats up with that ? - can you buy recreational in California without a card .

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Perhaps they mean medical. There are no recreational cards in california, other than an ID showing you're over 21.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your best bet for an answer is to call the dispensaries you are considering visiting and asking what you need in order to make a purchase.

mack 10

Veteran
I think you can get a medical card so you can buy more.
You could just walk in and buy, if over 21.
Take I'd.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
In Canada, you have to be a "patient" to access "their" holdings. Licensed dispensaries point us in the direction of approved provincial "recreational facilities". Being a baseball fan, 3 strikes and your out. Asked 3 different dispensaries with the same answer. I don't know how it applies elsewhere. Nova Scotia requires rec users to be 19 yrs of age and must provide proof of age, with either a drivers license, or a government approved ID. e.g NSLC ID card, avail at any liquor store.

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The real fussy places insist on a California ID, lol.
Why the fuck would they turn down tourist dollars?!

"Fine. I'll go spend money at your competitors..."

I was out in California for 2 weeks a couple years ago. I got my med card online in about 30 minutes the day after I flew in. :lol:

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I was looking at some recreational dispensaries on the internet in Needles California & it kept saying you need a recreational card .

whats up with that ? - can you buy recreational in California without a card .

Most dont...

Medical will ask. With recommendation written to California resident.

Loads of nursery out here. Selling huge amounts of clones.

Icefire

Medical is tax free here. That's why you need a card for that. No such thing as a recreational card here. Just need I'd to prove you're over 31 if you look young..